Too Much Thc

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by kromek85, Mar 1, 2017.

1. kromek85

kromek85 Members

Hey there,

First, I'd appreciate everyone who will read this thread to the end. thanks.

Okay, so one day I vaped some weed as I used to enjoy it more, it was stronger. So, that day (about 11:00PM) I just did way too much and started being paranoid. I was shaking and my heart was bumping sooo hard so it seemed it wanted to jump out of me. It was my first bad experience with weed (I've been smoking occasionally for 2 years). I should add that I was alone in the house and there was nobody around I could go to and talk. I knew that I just consumed too much so I went out and was breathing heavily. My neighbourhood was all dark (it was middle of the night) so you could imagine how I felt. After 30 minutes of being outside, I came back to my house and started drinking plenty of water and playing a PC game to relax. I knew that this was just temporary but it was really hard for me. I felt so bad so I even thought about calling 911 but finally realized that I'm gonna regret that the next day so I didn't call. Later on (about 4:00AM) I went to sleep.

And ever since I've been feeling quite uncomfortable (today it is like 10 days from that experience). Sometimes I feel that I'm out of this reality and noticed raised anxiety. I should add that my job is quite stressful sometimes and it makes me even more anxious to go and work there. I feel more stupid and not that effective. It takes me more time to focus and realize things I'd notice immediately before. I've also noticed higher tiredness. I'm willing to sleep much more and still not have that much energy. In other words, I constantly feel high! I know that I may be exaggerating but I'd honestly like to come back to the state before vaping. I have always liked baking and chilling with my friends but that amount was just way too much for me I suppose. I'm quite worried if I'd done any damage to my brain or sth..
    Weed was quite strong as my dealer is an experienced guy but I doubt that it was mixed with something.
    If it wasn't serious, I'd not be posting it here. I'm trying to relax but at the same time I need to do something about it, right?

My question is... How long will it take for my body to fully regenerate/repair? Should I do/avoid something at the moment?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well maybe an obvious one but I would avoid weed for a while until you feel better, so you can be certain this strange high feeling is not lingering because you also keep smoking every once in awhile. You probably don't feel like smoking now though.

Keep drinking plenty of water and getting fresh air. And get some normal food. It really should wear off in a few days now. If you keep feeling lethargic or something it might be a combi of things, like a lack of vit D or some other shortage of something. Hope you sleep ok in the hours you do: very important in order to get rid of that lingering high feeling as well.

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think what your feeling now after 10 days, is paranoia, because you thought you knew what you were doing, and you could cope..It will pass!

Just remember how much you did, and stay below it, obviously you breached your bodies tolerance level..Every one has one!

Try to relax about it, you will be fine..

1 person likes this.
  4. kromek85

kromek85 Members

Cheers guys. I hope It'll pass very soon.

5. kromek85

kromek85 Members

Hi there again,

I must say it didn't pass. I was reading about derealization and it seemed I have been experiencing a lot of the symptoms that are actually common in derealization. I start to think that maybe I was poisoned and that derealization came after vaping that weed.

Sometimes, it is sooo scary, I feel I'm outta here and when someone speaks to me I feel I'm not in the conversation. It's really difficult sometimes. Apart from that, I have plenty of thoughts in my mind which doesn't help at all.
    Should I see a doctor again? Do you guys have any idea when it will pass?
    I already started eating better and planning on doing some exercise as well. I changed my job, it is no longer stressful but I just want to work it out and get back to life again.
    Thanks

LifeonHighBecca likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My opinion is that this is not caused by too much THC. Sounds like you might be one of those people who can have psychological issues exacerbated by smoking if after all this time you do not feel normal. Or maybe you smoked spice and not weed. I am pretty sure you would know if you did though if you had ever smoked prior to this experience.

LifeonHighBecca likes this.
  7. shur-y-not

shur-y-not Members

I got that far. Sorry

1 person likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah same. If a post hasn't caught my interest quickly I head straight to the answers. And then I wade through them too cause a lot of them are also just as long. :D so I wade to the simple replies like this one and well, I'm not the only one. :) we must be special.

1 person likes this.
  9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

This ^^^...and I'm referring to the psychological issues that vaping/smoking could have exacerbated. As much as I LOVE weed, I know it is not for everybody.

There are all kinds of psychological issues and they should not be stigmatized! Its just the way it is. I'm glad you realized that something "off" was up, and you haven't gone back and tried "just one more time"...lots of people do that. (insert big eyeroll)

Just give it some more time combined with fresh air, EXERCISE is very important even if it is just walking for 30 minutes, and last but certainly not least, eat good good - not overly processed or junk food. Toss in some vegetables. :)

If you are of age and are only looking for a way to "chill" - a glass of wine could be good.

Please check back in and let us know how you're doing.

10. timjohnsondoc

timjohnsondoc Members

My friend works in an in patient phsych ward. There are instances where you can cause real damage with thc alone. I believe one of the patients was vaping legal weed. I have a medical card and indulge a few times a month but always start out slow with a new strain. My source is a medical one.

Not sure. I have another friend who has been smoking for 30 years and had a panic attack that landed them in the hospital.

11. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Vaping weed is ment to be 1 hit or 2 hits. That's it. The THC content is very high obviously. So if you do vape it again in the near future. Only do 1 or 2 hits. That's all that's needed depending on your tolerance level.

12. timjohnsondoc

timjohnsondoc Members

If you have insurance I would say see a doctor. I am not sure what they can do but they may be able to help. HIPAA laws require absolute privacy.

You will probably never know if there was some additive in the weed or if it may have just been very powerful.

Good luck!

13. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I have one of those tanks. Works wonders and changeable coils is a plus.

14. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

[​IMG]

dkcurious and Totally Yoda like this.
  15. Iloveorgasms5

Iloveorgasms5 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I cut my weed with high CBD hemp so it is tone down some. No need for there to be 25% THC in a bud.

16. Abrianna_Holladay

Abrianna_Holladay Newbie

I know this is old, but right on! Smoking can only help you once you know what you're doing.

Just haveta feel it

17. Blair44

Blair44 Members

The psychoactive compound THC found in marijuana can interact with the brain's receptors and affect neurotransmitter levels, potentially leading to an altered perception of reality. This heightened state of anxiety and paranoia may result in distorted thoughts, increased suspicion of others, or a feeling of being watched or judged.

It's important to note that not everyone experiences this effect, and for some individuals, cannabis may even help alleviate anxiety. However, for those prone to paranoia or with pre-existing mental health conditions, it's recommended to exercise caution or consult with a healthcare professional before using marijuana.

Creating a comfortable and safe environment, choosing strains with higher CBD content (which has a calming effect), and consuming in low doses can help minimize the risk of experiencing paranoia. Open communication, self-awareness, and responsible use are key in navigating any potential psychological effects associated with marijuana consumption.