Click Here If You Want A Heavy Dose Of '90's Nostalgia.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TopNotchStoner, Feb 24, 2017.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

90's nostalgia to the fullest. Watch this video and listen closely to the song if you loved the 1990's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGp9KLGRX64

2. TopNotchStoner

Some more '90's nostalgia. Dude tells the entire story of The Lion King in the form of a rap song. Dude's talented as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_RlH7rnAqg

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Sega Megadrive.(Echo The Dolphin.)

4. TopNotchStoner

Echo the Dolphin was the first SEGA game I played. I loved that shit. Was it mentioned in the 90's song I posted? He mentions everything from POGS/Slammers, Goosebumps books, Tamagotchi, Urkel, Fresh Prince, Boy Meets World/Topanga, Jenga, blowing into videogame cartridges to make them work, and so on. Great song.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

alf and fresh prince was 80's

1 person likes this.
  6. TopNotchStoner

Fresh Prince started in 1990. Alf ended in !990. And don't forget about re-runs.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

youre right..i thought i remember singing that damn intro song in grade 8 which for me would have been 1988 but i got it mixed up with parents just dont understand

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

having been a 20 something in the 70s, what would i want with the 80s or 90s.
    personally though, every decade of my life has brought me both good experiences and bad ones.
    ragun totally fucked the 80s, and most of what he screwed up hasn't been unscrewed yet.
    but the 80s was also the decade i discovered and joined science fiction fandom,
    and by that i mean the fandom of fiction about science, and the fan organizations and the conventions and meetings they put on and held.

my nostelgia is for growing up in the woods in the 50s and 60s, for the railroads still running local passenger trains, building codes not being universal, little wild furry creatures in everyone's back yard, wild blackberries along the roads and in everyone's back yards, all the things it was safer to do, or even possible, when there were a lot fewer people.

9. Tom155

Tom155 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS0KyTZ3Ie4

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the 90s was when i got married for the first and very probably last and only time in my life. 80s, -ragun, was the p.c. becoming something you could buy in a store instead of having to build from a kit. 90s was the internet becoming public and people who weren't the techno-nerds who created it, learning of its existence, (and pretty much fucking it over with e-business, and making "relevance" equal e-business instead of the sharing of useful information (i still haven't entirely forgiven that one) as its primary focus, though even that, corporate media giants hadn't started moving in and trying to make it just another channel of television yet.)

90s are a lot more recent then the kind of things that are nostalgia to me, though, yah, 1990 being almost 30 years ago, i'm bit like, holy shit, where did those three decades go.
    90s digital communication speed and imaging capability shot through the roof compared to anything that came before, so i guess that makes it the beginning of things that WERE science fiction, when i was just becoming aware that fiction about science had a major fandom.

video gaming, which i never had that much interest in, and machines dedicated to it, grew out of those capabilities which were achieving the capacity to support it then.
    i was peripherally aware of this, some of the places that had been computer and parts places had, or were converting to becoming video game outlets, at first just focused on the hardware.
    this was kind of disappointing to me. i loved the graphics level that was becoming available, but frustrated that it was at first available only in dedicated gaming systems.

public transportation was beginning to make incremental improvements after decades of any sort of advancement having been neglected in the u.s.

oh and the exchange rate was favorable to models of japanese trains being available relatively inexpensively in the u.s. i kind of miss that.

in the 90s i kind of lost contact with a lot of my science fiction friends from the 80s, but furry fandom as we know it now was in the process of spinning off from sf and becoming its own thing, and as the internet progressed into the 90s, became a wonderful and growing presence.

but having lost contact with much of the science fiction fandom, i was no longer keeping up with new writers. plus books were starting to become so expensive for new ones, that it got to be cheaper to play on the internet then to buy them. there were still plenty of second hand paperback places, where they bought them back and resold them.

the 90s was still mostly kind of an empty decade for me. tward the end of it, we had that year 2000 silliness, where the world was gonna end. that was along about the time i showed up here.