Because I Am A Girl

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Feb 23, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

4 people like this.
  2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

As a long time member and supporter of Amnesty International, I've taken part in campaigns going back 20 years over this issue. It is a sick and barbaric thing.

I think the problem is that the people who do it see it as normal and part of their culture, and ingrained cultural attitudes are very difficult to change. But we have to keep going until this is relegated to the past - like foot binding in China.

1 person likes this.
  3. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

When I worked in a hospital we had guidelines on what to do if someone approached you asking if you knew where they could have it done. Shokcing to think that some people not only think that such practices are acceptable, but that they'll find someone to do them in an NHS hospital.

1 person likes this.
  4. morrow

morrow Visitor

I remember watching a program years ago!
    The screams from a child having it done, I will never forget!
    Then the young bride brought into hospital, her husband had been unable to have sex with her, so had attacked her genitals with a knife!
    Then the new mother that had almost died having her baby, and was wanting herself stitching as tight as she was before they opened her so her baby could come out!
    That program was harowing, to say the least! But I never forgot it!
    And never will! An episiotomy is nothing to what those girls have to go through!
    We should never let this go!
    If you have the chance, you should stand up for them!

1 person likes this.
  5. Maid A. Milking

Maid A. Milking Members

It's interesting how FGM is considered barbaric and over the line and child-abuse, but MGM or circumcision as it is better known, is completely ok! It's the exact same procedure just on a different gender, why is it considered ok?! Religion? That's what FGM is based on, but it's not ok! That makes no sense! Culture? Same thing! It's more sanitary? That's a lousy excuse to mutilate a baby-boy's genitals, when the parents are too goddamn lazy and prudish to simply teach their son how to properly clean underneath his foreskin, which will 100% keep him clean and sanitary!

Would you like to know the reason circumcision was originally created? It was a method devised by religious leaders to prevent young boys from finding out how pleasure can be derived from playing with themselves while cleaning under their foreskin. That was literally the only reason! The keep boys from learning how to masturbate!

I do NOT condone FGM, nor do I put circumcision above it in terms of importance. They are equally cruel. FGM is despicable in every sense of the word, child-abuse, and a crime against humanity that is "justified" by religion and "it's a cultural thing". I saw the program y'all mentioned advertised when I was a 9 or 10 t/o child. I was not able to watch it because the pre-view of the show was traumatizing enough! My blood ran cold just seeing the face of the child who just after she'd had it done!

But, I really don't like this level of hypocrisy! If it is child-abuse and cruelty when it's done to girls, it's also child-abuse and cruelty when it's done to boys. I've heard even shittier excuses to do it to boys as well ("Uncircumcised dicks look GROSS! I won't have my son looking like that!" or "Uncircumcised dicks look GROSS! I won't marry/have sex with any man who isn't cut!").

I think it should be banned to be performed children. If men want to have it done when they are old enough, with a sound mind and adult level of maturity to make a life altering decision such as this, that's fine! If they choose willingly of their own volition to go through the pain of having their foreskins surgically removed, then more power to them, it's their right as adults to do to their bodies what they want (similarly why plastic surgery isn't given to children purely for frivolous cosmetic purposes, like breast implants or a nose-job). But, if a baby boy is born, and his parents say, "It's GROSS!" or "It's UNSANITARY!" or "MY RELIGION SAYS WE HAVE TO!", then they shouldn't be allowed to do it to their child! It's SICK, it's MUTILATION, and it's WRONG for all the same reasons that female circumcision is all of those things.

If you are going to stand up for girl's rights to not have their genitals mutilated, you should stand-up for boys rights as well!

Not saying you didn't think this to begin with, but it is not talked about enough and seen as too damn normal. This needs to change as well. Thank you.

6. John1234567

John1234567 Members

What you are saying is not true. FGM is removal of all external genitals to make the woman not enjoy sex and become more submissive. Circumcision removes an extra skin on the penis for various reasons unrelated to FGM.

7. Maid A. Milking

Maid A. Milking Members

Um, no. That's not 100% of all FGM. That is a type of FGM, but so is removal of the clitoral hood, which is exactly what a circumcision is, only performed on boys.

Read the entire post. It clearly explains the reason why FGM (in general) and circumcision are incredibly similar, which I explained in great detail. Plus, I'm not talking about the nitty-gritty of each procedure, I'm talking about how they should both be equally considered mutilation, cruelty, and unnecessary. That is 100% true. If you're going to be thick and not think about what I've ACTUALLY said and would rather complain about how these two things aren't "EXACTLY" alike and how I'm wrong on all points because of that small nitpick, then unfriend me and go back to jerking-off instead of trying to join an adult conversation about ethics and hypocrisy.

8. BlackBillBlake

^ The only reason any male should be circumcised is on health grounds. If religions insist on it, it shouldn't be done until the child is of age and able to decide for themself. If that was the way of it, I wonder how many would elect to have it done?

On the masturbation issue - I'm not cut myself, but I'm told that with some lube you can still masturbate.

I think what's likely to happen on this thread is that men who have been cut will argue it's OK, whilst uncut men will probably not be very keen on the practice. I think that other than on religious grounds, it's much more common in the US than the UK.

9. sae68

sae68 Members

I actually Sponsored a Girl in Ecuador for several years through Plan.Once she left School i didn't renew my sponsorship after finding out what the CEO of Plan earns a year.It's f-ing shocking what the top dogs...or fat cats of these charities earn.I'm not saying don't do it but it's worth researching the charities you are going to donate to.Try and help out the smaller ones :)

1 person likes this.
  10. morrow

morrow Visitor

Maid a milking!
    This thread, is about the title! If you read the link, you will see, it's about girls!
    If you search hip! You will find lots and lots of threads, purely about male circumcision! This was i believe, the first on female!

The only comparison of male and female circumcision, is that it is the genital area!

So can we please keep this on topic please! Thankyou

11. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

I hate all forms of genital mutilation.

Especially circumcision.
    I believe whoever mutilates a baby's genitals should have their genitals removed.

The only genital mutilation I approve of is a consentual sex-change of a transexual.

1 person likes this.
  12. morrow

morrow Visitor

So you don't hate it totally, your willing to do worse to Drs and nurses that do it to babies? Strange punishment for such a thing!

So your ok about gender reassignment even though many live to regret it?

I don't agree with that! I think help is needed to come to terms with what nature gave you, after all, no amount of surgery, will change your true gender!
    You may look different, but it's mutilating your body!
    Why is that ok? Are the drs and nurses not guilty of doing the same thing? Especially if you then regret it!

13. Scratched

Scratched Members

I don't agree with genital mutilation or gender reassignment. However, there are an awful lot of people who want to be transgender nowadays. I say, if they want to take that chance and possibly mess themselves up later, that is their problem. I have my own personal beliefs as to why they want to be transsexuals, however my belief is not politically correct and I do not wish to upset anyone here, so I will keep my opinion to myself.

I think female genital mutilation is totally barbaric. A woman should have every right to be how she was born and be proud. In fact I've never heard of this subject until I came here. It boggles my mind, that with all the sexual freedom nowadays that anyone, anywhere is even thinking of this shit. It is pathetic. Leave those clitorises alone! It makes me insanely happy to give a woman pleasure there, and if women weren't supposed to have them, they wouldn't be born equipped with one.

Throughout history, humans have fucked up more things for humanity than should ever be allowed. Give someone a rope and they think they're a cowboy.

1 person likes this.
  14. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

Why should a criminal be locked in jail for hurting someone, yet Doctors are freely allowed to punish and mutilate babies genitals. The Justice System is a Joke.

Transgender surgery is a choice, babies are not given a choice, I am about freedom of choice, freedom from tyranny, that is my agenda.

15. morrow

morrow Visitor

Ok!
    Doctors punish babies genitals? Really?

So you want drs to be trained in mutilating adult genitals, but not babies?

Sometimes babies need this, sometimes little boys do, sometimes adult men do!

But transforming to another gender? Isn't it like having a face lift at 30?

16. autophobe2e

Gender re-assignment surgery is very important. I have known several people who have had, or are going through, transition. I do not feel that it is appropriate to draw any comparison between gender re-assignment surgery and FGM. For one thing, it is an individuals choice.

Most modern studies place the rates of post-op regret at around 4%

Here are three good studies:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15842032
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/262734734_An_Analysis_of_All_Applications_for_Sex_Reassignment_Surgery_in_Sweden_1960-2010_Prevalence_Incidence_and_Regrets
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11564029

Those studies that place it higher than that (and are often quoted by anti-trans campaigners) are significantly older, based on more primitive operations and do not control for societal factors (you were a lot more likely to regret a sex change operation in the 80's, for instance, because of the social stigma and lack of support)

Compare this 4% ate of regret to the mid-90's, where those who reported significant increase in quality of life, reside. Better still, compare it to the massive drop in suicide rates amongst trans people who have access to medical procedures like this.

I have to confess a personal horse in this race, as I have a trans friend who I am 100% certain would have taken their own life were it not for the availability of gender reassignment surgery. As far as I'm concerned those who campaign to limit people's access/rights to these procedures have that blood on their hands. Particularly when their reasoning seems to boil down to "because I think it's icky/because God says so/because it isn't natural". Those people can get in the fucking sea.

17. BlackBillBlake

Ingrained attitudes are not easy to change.And the old 'castration fear' lurks deep in the recesses of the male psyche. But I think progress has been made. As you indicate, the situation for tans people now is better than it was a few years ago.

18. autophobe2e

One of the problems that this particular issue faces is that it sits at the trifecta of at least three areas that make people uncomfortable: mental health/neurodiversity, Sexuality and gender. It's like trying to fight three prejudices at once instead of just one.

The thing that really gets my ire up is when people say "trans people are just mentally ill" as a justification for denying them gender re-assignment surgery. This makes less than no sense.

Let's, for the sake of argument, agree that being trans is a mental illness.

What do we do with people who have a mental illness? we try and cure them, but in most cases mental conditions are incurable so we provide treatment to help minimise the harmful effects of the subject's condition. The harmful effects of being trans are primarily the incredibly high rates of depression and suicide. The only proven effective treatment is gender re-assignment surgery for those that desire it. So surely "trans people are just mentally ill" is an argument in favour of gender re-assignment surgery, rather than against?

We don't say for any other mental illness "oh, schizophrenia is just a mental illness, it's not like you legitimately have actual voices in your head, so therefore you don't deserve treatment."

This argument grates on me most of all because it either comes from a place of feigned concern ("we're denying you this for your own good, even though its proven that doing so will be detrimental to you") or from a place of using the term "mental illness" to de-legitimise and marginalise someone's life experience, demonise the idea of mental illness in general and in general drag us back to the fucking dark ages.

But as I say, with most arguments it more or less boils down to the big three: "God says", "it's icky" and "not natural". Just the same as all arguments against homosexuality.

I sincerely hope that empathy eventually conquers this kind of malicious bullshit in time, but It's hard to be convinced. Change will only come through concerted individual and organised effort. Tides are turning, but for thousands they aren't turning fast enough.

1 person likes this.
  19. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

Don't worry, we have trans idiots also sabotaging themselves as well. I can't tell you how many trans people I know first hand who want to ban guns...Transgenders have a extremely high incidence of being added to "the system", since transgenders have a high incidence of either incarceration, or receiving mental health services...so when transgenders ask for more "gun regulation" guess who's guns will be banned before anyone else...transgenders...

Transgenders are litterally asking for their own guns to be banned before anyone else gun's gets banned...it's a cesspool of idiocy. 1 in 12 transgenders is murdered, most of these murders are done by blunt objects and not guns...so I wonder how banning their own guns, will help them exactly. What a pile of idiots.

Circumcision is done by doctors, if you didn't know.

20. morrow

morrow Visitor

Yes i know, but why use the word punishment? Why if a child needs to be circumcised, is the doctor punishing that child?