Taxpayers And Sex Reassignment .... Who Should Pay?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Pete's Draggin', Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

We only have one surgeon who can perform a penile ectomy in our country. The others do more minor surgeries and hormone replacement therapy.

1 person likes this.
  2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

First, I think your explanation is disingenuous, and secondly, I said that once there is a qualified referral, there's no distinction between the surgeries. Not when it comes to insurers paying.
    The procedures they laid out were followed.

3. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

you know, you just come across as a very hostile person. DUH
    The minute you said this I find you to be unworthy of my time.

Thought we could have a discussion but clearly not, since you are uninformed and respond with juvenile things like

DUH

Moving on.

To those who care, we would have doctors here if they were not driven out by being over taxed as a small business by the liberal government.

We would not have waits and terrible healthcare if not for the waste of tax payers money and the stealing from our healthcare that the liberals did.

And drumm, since our last encounter I suggest we simply coexist, Disingenuous you say? , how about I think you are simply full of shit? Same meaning different words. No personal attacks, it is against the rules and as a mod I would think, you of all people should uphold this.

4. Heat

Just so you can't edit it all out as usual.

Morrow did not say that to you. I did.

1 person likes this.
  5. Heat

This is a surgery that is a speciality. They did not leave on mass, instead there are very few who can perform it. It is not taking funds away from Canadian doctors as they are not qualified to preform it.

6. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Which part of what I previously said did you not comprehend? Shrug*.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

There is a difference between calling a post disingenuous (which drumminmama did) and calling a person full of shit. You commented on her character, while she commented on your post.

It's a shame, because you seem to be able to speak in a somewhat educated manner on this subject matter, but your constant "haha", "lol" and ":)" after comments that are obviously not happy or kind, really detracts from the perceived legitimacy of your arguments. I would drop that act. It's not becoming.

As far as the topic on hand--Heat spoke extremely eloquently and summed it up better than I could hope to. This is a human rights issue, as far as I am concerned. I would be interested to see the data on whether or not sexual reassignment surgery has an effect on suicide or depression rates in transgendered folk. As it has been established, the mental health of this population is notoriously problematic, and I would like to know which environmental factors, if any, contribute to these issues.

2 people like this.
  8. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I never said she was full of shit, I was just rephrasing her words. drum said that what I said is disingenuous, they are my words, my thoughts, my feelings, this is me. .. so therefore I am full of shit to drumm. Which is just like disregarding, tossing out with the trash. Drumm and I have had an encounter before where the trigger was quick from her, so I stay clear.

And yes, I am educated. Just have no time for condescending comments. :).

And some of the questions you asked were answered earlier on I believe. I would like more stats as well... :) from what I have seen though many are not happy with the outcome. It is not what they had hoped for. People get switched back.

9. Heat

Interesting article here with the backing up of studies to show that most of the claims of dissatisfaction are not accurate. There is data to back up this article.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/myths-about-transition-regrets_b_6160626.html
    See above article as is counters your claims with sources.

1 person likes this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Thank you, Heather! I will check it out.

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

12. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Oops morrow, it was to heat not you. Heat said the following , was not to you. was sure it was her quoted, sorry :). Was sure it was hers I quoted

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for modding.

I commented on the content of the comment, not the commenter.
    Do not put words into my mouth.

Due to several complaints, I am temporarily closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.