Taxpayers And Sex Reassignment .... Who Should Pay?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Pete's Draggin', Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

LOL when I am ever mean? :) You are right, he did say that. Funny to see you two on the same page for a change :) You know I have a deep love for dicks like you and would never want to see it turned inside out. Nope.. :) I am glad you are not for this kind of procedure and are happy with your body and all that it has to offer, :) You are perfect just the way you are. :) You have your head on straight. :) WoooHooo :)

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, as an american you pay more for everyon elses surgery than any other nation on the planet

I pay about $1800 a year for my health insurance, and that's for full cover.

What would you have to pay for full cover? 5 times that?

Then there is the discrepancy of what would be covered by an american insurer e company vs the rest of the world..

You are paying for a whole bunch of old people's surgeries whether you want to believe so or not

2 people like this.
  3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i guess you are saying my insurance goes up if someone else uses it to get one of those surgeries, i am not completely against that. its not like i (a low risk customer) cant shop around for the best price if i dont like the plan i have. (unless my work has insurance provided...god i hope that is one of the things trump changes)
    but for an elective surgery someone would still have a huuuge hospital bill. if they are that committed and insurance will cover some of the cost then so be it. but to walk in and out of a hospital and the bill sent to a government agency...no that shouldnt happen ever.

1 person likes this.
  4. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Wow that is al, you pay? Amazing.

Here ... so you get an idea of how it is here... you can read this article. It goes into the differences from Canada... compared to Australia, the Netherlands, Germany, etc...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/nadeem-esmail/canada-free-health-care_b_3733080.html

And it will be increasing again

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

pretty much what i was saying when obamacare got traction here...the biggest problem isnt that people are uninsured, the biggest problem is the price of health care overall.
    perfect example, i had 2 appointments with an orthopedic doctor. he saw me for a combined 10-15 minutes and the only thing he did was give me a brace for my wrist. the bill was $1400 (got the bill shortly after the first visit so i may be getting a second bill on top of that)
    that is for 15 minutes of talking to a doc and a brace that if it was for bowling would cost $10.

Fix the price gouging problem and the insurance price problem will go away for most and seem like nothing to support those that need to go to the food pantry

1 person likes this.
  6. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

It is funny, people think that our health care is free, it us far from free ... but it is free for some people.

When America was voting for Obama and his health care I said to American friends... you don't want it... trust me, the image you have of Canadian health care is very wrong. It is not what you think. I explained... They said... it is better than nothing. I don't agree, I said. they have increased the amount paid and taken away what was once covered. Bad care is what we have.

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

oh yeah i forgot to mention my urologist. i was seeing him regularly because of my kidney stones, and he sent me a letter saying he cant run his practice anymore because of obamacare. not sure the specifics of what sent him into early retirement but i remember hearing him complain about how the paperwork....umm i mean computer work because everything had to go on a database or something from what i gathered from overhearing stuff in the check out room. but now we have less doctors and more patients...i see this is working so far.

dont even get me started on the employers with certain amount of employees bullshit they stuck in there.

1 person likes this.
  8. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Yep, i can. totally relate. There has even been trouble getting medication here. I have heard, oh, i Am. sorry, we don't have any of that. Might get some in in a few months. There was also a cancer care scandal that the government was involved in, in Ontario. I use to love these things we paid into, not anymore. Total abuse of power and abuse of our tax dollars. :(. And they are not even held accountable here. They can't be in Canada. Canadians have no say.

So I say, no no no to having the pp turned inside out, Can't afford it, Maybe I am getting you started. Looks like I have gotten started. Lol

Dr.s here are over worked and underpaid. While money is funneled to groups that support the liberal party and the lib party supports them. :).

The current government is simply going to gouge more.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Looks like people have more problems with healthcare in general than sex reassignment and it being payed for in certain cases through tax money.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

well i wonder if taxes are going to go to that orthopedic doctor because i sure as hell am not paying him that much, i have a few dollars on my medical card i may give just because he did do his job but if his time is worth 6k an hour then i will send him a bill for 3k for the time he made me sit in the waiting room.

1 person likes this.
  11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Let me OUT, first.

My personal view on allowing reassignment surgery coverage under Medicaid (the basic, take all day to wait and maybe get seen at the clinic level care for the working poor) or private companies:
    reassignment surgery is a multi-step process. From the psychotherapists to hormone therapy to the hysterectomy/mastectomy for transmen or breast augmentation for transwomen (and that's not always needed. I'm personally acquainted with a few women who gained enough tissue on hormones to be happy), to genital surgery; there are places where someone can decide they have paid enough in money or time and are satisfied. Legal" recognition of an identified gender might be the goal for some individuals.

Based on the complexity, if someone has the needed therapists signing off on reassignment surgery, has done the steps for consideration, then it is the same as covering a cesarean section, breast reconstruction, removal of a benign tumor, or covering prosthetic limbs.
    It's a qualified referral. Pay the bill.

1 person likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Muy tarde! ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Exactly, lots of problems with it and it not about being against the surgery... it is about the majority needing health care in general. Ottawa and people from it do not experience this it seems or are even aware.... they are the capital... lala land, where the government is... but when people die waiting 4 days, when you are bleeding internally, and this has happened to me, I was told to go home and if the bleeding got worse I should come back... and people with cancer are not getting proper treatment ... people dying waiting in emerg... like this is a third world country. money does not need to go to a surgery that is not life and death, at this point. But it is covered because it is cheaper for the government to satisfy and give to a minority, pat themselves on the back say see world, we are open to differences and the needs of the underdog... aren't we great? Rather than it is to fix what's broken or even draw attention to it. No concern for the majority yet again.

Lay the guilt trip of how can you refuse trans people this, you hate trans people. The usual bs used to draw attention to what is really going on in an attempt to make people shut up.

The USA has the same problem with their Medicaid, I believe

14. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Lol and I don't think anyone can compare a c-section in child birth which means the difference between life and death to a person wanting a sex change. Or the ability to walk vs a sex change, or the removal of a tumour. Gender reassignment? ... sorry, not a matter of life and death. Take it up the ass like so many do In life.

taking it up the ass is a slang term, meaning being taken advantage of or for granted. I guess this could be considered a bigoted term implying that anal sex is not a good pleasurable thing... to be at the wrong end of a deal. I imagine most would agree though that the pleasure of being the giver vs the receiver of anal ... is probably more pleasurable for the one giving it than receiving? I don't know, I don't have a dick or a prostate gland. Lol. Ok a little off topic and might verge on belonging in the sex thread.

Anyways, I just wanted to explain the meaning of an expression that is not common, for those whose first language is not English.

15. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

If you are going to be snide at least be accurate. Since health care is provincial is falls under Queens Park, your, city I would think you would have such better care. :) Mine is Federal. Wait times are actually comparable between the two cities.

http://www.ontariowaittimes.com/er/En/Data.aspx?LHIN=7&city=&pc=&dist=0&hosptID=0&str=&view=0&period=0&expand=0
    http://www.ontariowaittimes.com/er/En/Data.aspx?LHIN=11&city=&pc=&dist=0&hosptID=0&str=&view=0&period=0&expand=0

Wait times have decreased in the last year.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-emergency-room-hospital-wait-1.3851272

In this article they also address the ageing population and lack of services for them and it is taxing the hospital system. They also have a link to palliative care and it is interesting to read as well.

As far as this comment
    I did not see anyone here express that to you.

We have all had experiences that are not pleasant and have at times had to wait for services. I have had life threatening issues and they have been handled with timely service and excellent care. I did have to wait for a bed but I was treated in the mean time and lived. There are issues that need to be fixed, no disagreement with you on that. I just do not support throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Thankfully the Ontario Provincial government does deem this surgery to be covered and it is available to those who need it. You may disagree with that and that is fine but it stands as covered now.

1 person likes this.
  16. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Wait, your healthcare is federal? Mine is provincial.

Not a snide remark on you at all. You seem to think that a sex change is just as important as serious health issues. You did not know that the lottery money went to the health care and other things. Which was misused. I can't respect that. Minimal health care is what this comes down to of just bare necessities. We can't afford this anymore.

I would like to see the number of doctors, GP in Ottawa... per capita vs GP in Toronto and other factors as well.

Ohip is provincial by the way, not federal... ONTARIO ... not Canada Heath insurance plan Ottawa has their health care seperate from the rest if the province they are in?

Here is some more shady things our government is up to with regards to healthcare. Looks like after the stole all that money and Harper had to cut back due to it, that the liberals are making no changes at all.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2017/01/18/territorial-defections-boost-ottawa-in-federal-provincial-health-care-fight-walkom.html

And that is from a liberal paper, they don't seem to be seeing this Trudeau in a positive light either and likened him to his father, which is not a good thing.

17. Heat

Of course I know it is provincial, it is stated by me in all the other posts on this subject. It is in reference to the comment on Ottawa and health care must be so much better than else where. That was snide and uncalled for.. My statement is a reminder that Ottawa has nothing to do with OHIP and what they cover except to provide transfer payments.

I stated in a previous post that the lottery has nothing to do with the topic of gender reassignment. Not that I did not know that a part of the proceeds from it fund many things, including some health care benefits. It is another red herring you threw in.

I think a gender reassignment is as important to the person wanting or needing one as other surgeries are to those wanting or needing them.

I have no idea how many DR's there are in each of our respective areas and frankly it does not matter with regards to this topic unless they are Dr's who do reassignment surgery.

Trudeau again? That has nothing to do with this topic.

Red herrings.

1 person likes this.
  18. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Of course if matters, you need a GP to refer you and with there only being one doctor in Canada who does it, they have to referred to outside of Canada mostly... and then our taxes pay for a doctor outside the country as well as the transportation of them. Not even being used to pay doctors here.

19. Heat

Because there are literally almost no doctors here who can do it. DUH.

Non issue as it is not taking wages away from qualified Canadian Doctors who can do the surgery.

20. morrow

morrow Visitor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.