Human Are Not That Much Different Than Animals, Insects And Birds

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by thefutureawaits, Feb 20, 2017.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I know the feeling. I suffer from psychophysiological insomnia(my mind won't shut the fuck up so I my body can sleep), which is one of the main reasons I smoke weed.

​Speaking of which, I'm weedless because someone stole an entire ounce of Pineapple Express from me this morning, as well as a couple of grams of XJ-13. Am sad.

2. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

That's quite alright. Take it easy [​IMG]

And yes I'm a male, but not "a cool one", so I prefer to stay out of those gender qualifications of yours. Stay cool Moonglow!

1 person likes this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

no gender qualifications. I just don't like females all over me....It has happened before and makes me feel yuck.....What am I having to deal with kind of thing?.....so.... uncomfortablee.......and cool can mean nice, too....so you are not nice.....ok, good to know... :D

1 person likes this.
  4. TopNotchStoner

lol For a second I thought this was the "Describe Who You Are" thread in Stoners Lounge.

1 person likes this.
  5. Moonglow181

Back on topic and house cats with compassion.....Whenever I have had a body part that hurt.....like my head...or a stomach ache or something....they come lay down next to me with their body warmth against what hurts on me, instinctively.... One has even erased the pain i had several times miraculously. If I am sad, they gather around, too....and try to be comforting and more loving and closer than usual...and I experience this all of the time with all of the different cats that have lived with me over the years......They feel I love them, also, i am sure...and they do say pets reflect their owners, too.... :D

and just like people, they all have different personalities. i think this is true of any animal species.

6. Moonglow181

Dogs are compassionate, as well......and even my little birds are darling. I talk to one every night and he talks back and tilts his head to understand. The other one stays in the back in a corner, when I approach them.......again, different personalities, but I love him,, too.... I never got to know an animal that I did not love.....I love them all.

7. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I don't understand how it follows that because God is higher than me I am therefore higher than other species.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

You have not noticed such a lack of regard or empathy for other living things on this planet ever?
    rather than being taught that all life matters...i don't know what people are taught. I blame religion partly.....always have.
    Most atheists i have ever met seem more epathetic than most religious people I have dealt with.
    If god is love....where is it in most cases then?

I don't see it very often.

i am not saying everyone who is religious does not have real heart or that all atheistic people all have heart....but 9 times out of 10, this is what I have experienced.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i am a mantis and am the best insect of them all and i kill all the evil boy mantises.

11. Moonglow181

This is from the word of the day thread in games...this tiny creature can survive conditions that other life on this planet cannot....so maybe this creature is superior to all....if we are going by superiority of living things......and I never am.

Tardigrade

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For members of the suborder sometimes designated Tardigrada, see Sloth.

Tardigrade
    Temporal range: Cambrian–Recent[1]

PreЄ

Є

O

S

D

C

P

T

J

K

Pg

N

Hypsibius dujardini

Scientific classification

Kingdom:

Animalia

Superphylum:

Ecdysozoa

(unranked):

Panarthropoda

(unranked):

Tactopoda

Phylum:

Tardigrades
    Spallanzani, 1777

Classes

Eutardigrada
    Heterotardigrada
    Mesotardigrada

Tardigrades (/ˈtɑːrdɪˌɡreɪd/; also known as water bears or moss piglets)[2][3][4] are water-dwelling, eight-legged, segmented micro-animals. They have been sighted from mountaintops to the deep sea, from tropical rain forests to the Antarctic.

Tardigrades are notable for being perhaps the most durable of known organisms: they can survive extreme conditions that would be rapidly fatal to nearly all other known life forms. They can withstand temperature ranges from 1 K (−458 °F; −272 °C) to about 420 K (300 °F; 150 °C),[7] pressures about six times greater than those found in the deepest ocean trenches, ionizing radiation at doses hundreds of times higher than the lethal dose for a human, and the vacuum of outer space.[8] They can go without food or water for more than 30 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.[3][9][10][11]

They are not considered extremophilic because they are not adapted to exploit these conditions. This means that their chances of dying increase the longer they are exposed to the extreme environments,[5] whereas true extremophiles thrive in a physically or geochemically extreme environment that would harm most other organisms.[3][12][13]

Usually, tardigrades are about 0.5 mm (0.02 in) long when they are fully grown.[2] They are short and plump with four pairs of legs, each with four to eight claws also known as "disks".[2] The first three pairs of legs are directed ventrolaterally and are the primary means of locomotion (moving), while the fourth pair is directed posteriorly on the terminal segment of the trunk and is used primarily for grasping the substrate.[14] Tardigrades are prevalent in mosses and lichens and feed on plant cells, algae, and small invertebrates. When collected, they may be viewed under a very low-power microscope, making them accessible to students and amateur scientists.[15]

Tardigrades form the phylum Tardigrada, part of the superphylum Ecdysozoa. It is an ancient group, with fossils dating from 530 million years ago, in the Cambrian period.[16] About 1,150 species of tardigrades have been described.[17][18] Tardigrades can be found throughout the world, from the Himalayas[19] (above 6,000 m (20,000 ft)), to the deep sea (below 4,000 m (13,000 ft)) and from the polar regions to the equator.

tardigrade.jpeg

12. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

OMG humans are like animals and animals are like humans but humanity is like a virus thats like going to like wipe everything out and destroy gaia so were like less than animals but then does that mean that animals are also less than animals and like wtf kittens

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm a worm.

14. TopNotchStoner

LOL @ God. Which god are you referring to? Doesn't matter.........none of them exist. Carry on.

15. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. autophobe2e

Well, any of them. I was talking about God as a concept in general.

17. TopNotchStoner

In that case, you're wrong. A concept isn't higher or lower than any being. It's simply an idea.

18. autophobe2e

huh?

dude, I was quoting moonglow, she(?) said (I'm massively paraphrasing here)that a reason for animal cruelty is that people believe that a God is higher than them and that therefore they are higher than animals, this train of thought doesn't make sense to me (I don't see why having a God be higher than you makes you higher than animals) I was just after clarification.

I don't believe in a God, by the way.

19. TopNotchStoner

Moonglow was making an analogy that you clearly didn't understand. I may not understand it completely, myself, but I think she was referring to the fact that, if there was a god, we would be like insects to him/her/it. She was comparing that idea to the idea that we are higher beings, or more important, than smaller animals, which we are not. Just because we can kill an insect by stepping on it doesn't make us more important, nor does it make us "higher beings". All species have a role to play. I THINK that's along the lines of what she was saying.

​Sorry if I interpreted that incorrectly, Moonglow. That's what I took from the post though. Correct me if I misinterpreted.

1 person likes this.
  20. autophobe2e

Yeah I didn't get that from what she said at all. Thanks for the clarification.