Human Are Not That Much Different Than Animals, Insects And Birds

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by thefutureawaits, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Op is about half right there I should say. It's true, that we are animals called humans, but that about 2% of missing genes in chimpanzees makes all the difference comparing to us humans. Humans are the masters of today's earth and it remains to be seen how long it will last. Personally I hope, that our story will continue far beyond into the far future...like Star Trek :)

[​IMG]

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't hold myself higher than other living creatures.... I care about them, as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. Moonglow181

Therein , is the danger of believing in a higher power of a god, if you will...That is higher and more important than me.....and I am nothing.....as the god has all of the power.......over me....so therefore, i am higher over other species.....WRONG!

Secular humanism all of the way here.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Of course you do :gorgeous:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j51DfrLHUek[/media]

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I like the way you think.

​Personally, I'd prefer to kill a human than any other type of animal. Some humans actually deserve to die, as we can be malicious and sadistic, whereas other animals simply live on instinct. Not only that, but other animals can't comprehend or understand why humans hurt them, so imagine the fear they must experience. At least humans can understand why someone is hurting them and/or trying to kill them.

That's not to say I don't like eating other animals though. They're just so fuckin' tasty. I'll probably get flamed for this one, but I'd even eat human meat, if it was cooked right. lol Serious.

6. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Wrong. For example cats like to play with their prey just for fun, you know!

7. TopNotchStoner

If you're talking about house cats............I don't trust those fuckers.

​But cats are predators/carnivores. It's their instinctual nature to hunt and stalk their prey. They have to study their prey and make sure it's safe to pounce. They have to figure out a safe plan-of-attack, which sometimes requires trial and error. And you have to consider the fact that sometimes it just APPEARS that they're playing with their prey, due to the playful appearance of their pouncing method.

​Regardless, I doubt cats understand fear in other animals. They may sense it, but I seriously doubt they understand it. I refuse to believe pets or wild animals are malicious, in any way, even though I don't trust house cats. lol

8. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Again you are wrong!
    Obviously you are underestimating animal's intelligence, shame on you...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvQuqZZVq8Y[/media]

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm a worm.

10. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I don't follow this train of thought, could you please elaborate?

11. TopNotchStoner

Did I say they couldn't be tame/friendly? Did I say they can't bond with other animals, including humans? Did I say they're not intelligent? I said none of those things. It's still against their nature though. Cats are predators, through and through, but that doesn't not imply malicious intent; only survival instinct. And IF they do have fun with their prey, that doesn't mean they comprehend that their prey is fearful or in pain. They may sense something of the sort, but I highly doubt that they understand it. They may have the ability to feel a lot of what we consider to be "base emotions", but I doubt they're very logical or rational when it comes to understanding the fear and pain of others, even though they may sense it. Even sociopaths and psychopaths can go through their entire lives without ever causing harm to anyone(to show the opposite side of things), even though it's against their nature.

​Trust me when I say that I DEFINITELY don't underestimate the intelligence of non-human animals. Some of them are probably more intelligent than any given Kardashian(pick one). Again, I refuse to believe that pets and non-human animals kill or hunt out of malice. Feel free to disagree.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Again, my fellow human being I say you're wrong...read it and weep!
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21028154.700-californian-dolphin-gang-caught-killing-porpoises/

13. Moonglow181

No, I don't think I am a more important life form than other living creatures. ....generally speaking...Of course, my life is important to me.Everything on this planet is just surviving the best they can with what they are genetically equipped to do . I feel sorry for hooved animals, for instance...they have no hands to do anything like build tools....I do not think I am better, but I have more at my advantage than some animals lie hooved animals.....and that makes me sad....and more compassionate towards them......Animals have also taught me a lot...and most are very compassionate......That has been my experience, anyway.

Who are you? I thought you were a cool male at first, but now I think you are a female.....and what is your energy all about at me? I have felt it before...and am not comfortable with it. I do not know who you are.
    and it is almost like you are the cat toying with the mouse...and I don't like it.

14. Moonglow181

To think that a god is better trains that kind of thought process......what is so hard about that to understand?

1 person likes this.
  15. Moonglow181

Thank you. I do remember seeing your user name here before.....You seem very cool and like someone who can think....

Now about domestic cats...you have not met mine.....they are all sweethearts......Yes, they will hunt mice and things as that is what they do.....I give them very limited time outside in the day....One of my cats has no teeth due to stomatitis, and she is too small to kill anything , anyway. She has a hard time killing a bug she sees on the floor. One cat does not hunt. He is not interested. Another is a swift killer....and one does tend to take his time...but that is in the domestic cat's nature, sometimes.I have saved many small animals from him if i see it going on outside......I get quite mad at him, too.... We have bred them from wild cats........so blame mankind, again.....

16. TopNotchStoner

Interesting article, but it's not proof of anything other than the fact that dolphins are intelligent and are attacking porpoises. It could be out of sexual frustration, as the article mentions, or it could be due to the fact that dolphins and porpoises eat the same types of food and they are fighting over resources(that would be my guess).

​Or are you the dolphin whisperer and you know exactly what goes on in the minds of dolphins? You're not changing my mind and I'm not changing yours. I don't even WANT to change your mind. Believe what you want and AGREE TO DISAGREE.

17. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

I agree. I don't like it either if animals are treated badly!
    By the way, what is " a cool male" ?

18. TopNotchStoner

At least we can all agree that animals shouldn't be mistreated.

2 people like this.
  19. Moonglow181

a male(male gender) who is cool (cool or neat)is what I first thought.....but I have been wrong before. LOL....sorry, a little levity. I
    t has been a rough two days here....getting better....but rough. going through my own hell sometimes.
    No sleep certainly does not help.

20. Moonglow181

Yes, we can. I cannot stand to see an animal mistreated or abused.....all kinds of abuse going . tying up dogs to chains all day and night...just to bark about trespassers...lonely animals....howling from the loneliness and captivity when they are pack animals...and need to be social....so many kinds of abuses going on.....I can't take it.
    What goes on in commercial farming, etc....heartbreaking and it needs to stop....Man has got to get a conscience.