Human Are Not That Much Different Than Animals, Insects And Birds

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by thefutureawaits, Feb 20, 2017.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

We have families, we eat food, we like togetherness, we poop, see, hear, chew, walk, talk, fart, sneeze, sleep and all love the sun.

2. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

And sex, we all love sex

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

This is because humans are animals.

3 people like this.
  4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

No, humans are humans. The most advanced creatures on earth

5. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I don't see the controversy here. Humans are animals, we developed different ways of coping with our environment i.e. intelligence and invention, but from an evolutionary perspective developing the intelligence to create fire is no different than growing a thick fur coat.

4 people like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we're not minerals nor vegetables, and while our true selves may be disembodied spirits, our physical forms aren't.
    therefor we ARE animals. just a kind that among those of THIS planet, seems to be unique.

i don't know why people want to believe we're some totally different kind of thing.
    just makes no sense.

and if we are spirit, what, besides some book written by other humans,
    makes anyone think, everything with physical brain isn't just as much spirit as we are.

only the misguided collective ego wants to pretend we're anything any other creature isn't,
    except for having more interest make toys and art.

and most mammals in some sense or another sing too.

the whole ego denial thing of the animalness of humanness, makes no sense.
    and has no rational basis.

2 people like this.
  7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

No, humans are worse

1 person likes this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Roaches seem to be the superior animal on earth. For all we know they are the ones going to heaven

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

which not being vegetables or minerals, must therefore, be a form of animal.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there aren't enough favors in the world to favor this enough. and before anyone attempts to explain away a cat's capacity for affection, permit me to point out, that every observation of cats, upon which such a denial might be based, can also and equivalently, be applied to humans.

1 person likes this.
  12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

My mom always says the difference is humans can rationalize. Seems strange that, that is the difference between heaven and just being dead when you die.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

the biggest difference between humans and other animals is we have the capacity for self-reflection and the ability to project into the future.
    animals have no concerns or thoughts concerning the future, they are fully in the moment.
    but that is due to the highly developed frontal cortex that humans have, beyond that more and more I find little difference between humans and other animals, we just won the brain lottery.
    The life that animates animals is the same life that animates humans and the only difference in the outward manifestation of that life is the capabilities of the vehicle it is manifesting through.

1 person likes this.
  14. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I once heard a great interview (with an SF author, weirdly) talking about a breed of octopus that has been recorded using halved coconut shells as shields, dragging them along with them when they enter dangerous territory in search of food, and hiding underneath them when predators are near. This was considered by some scientists to be some of the only evidence of an animal experiencing "fear" as we understand the term.

As in, not behaving in an instinctual way in response to an immediate threat, but behaving in a way that mitigates an imagined threat that may appear in the future. The octopus must be able to simulate, in its brain, an imagined future circumstance that causes it to seek protection and keep the protection close at hand.

3 people like this.
  15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

verrry interesting

16. egger

egger Member

Animals Are Beautiful People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyqZYAB0Lo

1 person likes this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how much some of us are interested in being creative, is the only difference i can observe.
    and the result of that. we surround ourselves and our lives with our artifacts more then anything else on our planet,
    but that's really the beginning and the end of the only difference i can observe.

people believe all sorts of other things, and they're welcome to of course,
    but for actually honestly observing, that is the only difference i can find.

and people who aren't interested in being creative in some way,
    i can't really see any difference between them and any other
    chordate species at all.

18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Are you sure ! Humans have the potential to destroy the planet in a nuclear holocaust which animals insects and birds can never be guilty of. Leave the planet to them and the world will return back to normal without any global warming or pollution or dangerous radiation in a few years time.

Humans not only destroy other humans , but wildlife as well, which is now estimated to be reduced by 70 per cent in three years time.

19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"reduced by 70% in 3 years time"....breaks my heart. I cannot even tell you how much....:(

20. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Indeed. Great apes, to be precise.