Self-Hate

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by archenemy, Feb 17, 2017.

1. archenemy

archenemy Members

i was skimming psychology book i have called Compassion & Self-Hate. Anyone else here go thru self hate? Book says person can turn to drugs & alcohol. And is self destructive. i have low self esteem too. ill call myself an idiot and other crap. i want to get rid of all this negative energy and think positive about myself. cuz the self hate drives me mad!

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Have you tried going to therapy?

1 person likes this.
  3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I've had twinges of self-hate or at the very least a fair amount of self doubt at times but never a huge amount of self-hate.

Identifying the reasons why you hate yourself and then finding ways to focus on the positives is the way forward IMO.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bjursten

Bjursten Members

Couldn't have said it any better.

What I find, is when you have a self-hate issue, you're also co-morbidly depressed, sometimes without even knowing it, and that effects your motivation and desire to change your thought patterns and habits - which is what you need to do; break free of the negativity.

Identify those thoughts, and find the "kick in the rear" you need to self-motivate yourself to correct those bad thoughts and habits - it does take time, but with each successful change, the next one becomes a little bit easier. :)

Before you know it, you'll be feeling much better. I encourage you to keep trying, keep persevering, and find that inner happiness we all can have. You just have to reach out for it, and grab it. Sounds corny and stupid, but when you have that "aha moment" you'll know what I mean - life is beautiful, if you choose to make it so :)

1 person likes this.
  5. JES*

JES* Members

yes