Trump's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Beutsecks, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Amen. But unfortunately it's reality and we can't do a rewind. I don't think Republicans in Congress have the guts for a showdown with him, since they're hoping to use him to put through their economic programs. So we're stuck. John Oliver compared it to being on a plane and discovering that the pilot is a wombat.

1 person likes this.
  3. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I consider everything that pops up on a screen to be entertainment or otherwise some form of art.

4. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Then there's this

[​IMG]

5. egger

egger Member

At his Feb 16th press conference, Trump blamed Rep. Cummings for his not meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus and told journalist April Ryan to arrange the meeting for him. Cummings has said that Trump's statement is false. The CBC said it contacted Trump but didn't get a reply.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/democratic-congressman-baffled-trump-comments/98007346/

quote:

"In response to Trump's comments, the CBC tweeted, "Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We're the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad!""

6. egger

egger Member

And also this (a prophetic clip from the late 1970's)

https://vimeo.com/196958888

7. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Johnny Carson was a class act. One of my favorite political quotes by him was "People in my line of work have been waiting for a family like the Carters to get into the white house for a long long time". He was referring to the weird back story of various goofs during the Carter years. Billy Carter taking a whiz by a plane on a tarmac, the white house sending a picture of Carter and his wife to the prime minister of India, in a leather picture frame and those ghastly cardigan sweaters.

8. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I wonder what was in the letter. And I wonder if someone on his staff goofed it up as they seem to be goofing so many other things up. Realistically I doubt a guy like Trump reads his mail, so if there was a breakdown in communications, I doubt we'll ever know how it might have happened. I'm thinking GW had friction with the CBC as well as the NAACP, so it might just be the usual business kicking in. I will say though that I don't buy the press accounts when these kinds of things happen. Too often they are wrong and never admit it. Look at all the shit they said about Bernie that wasn't accurate.

I personally think Trump needs to meet with them, but I think he should make good on his campaign promise to deal with inner city issues first so he can walk in with some level of common interest. Otherwise he's just a rich honkey to the folks at the CBC.

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Then the TV "news" can't justify their existence without embellishing upon Trump. Either they add to the bread and circuses or they might as well just let the man have his own "Trump News" show.

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Didn't see it all yet. I've had a chaotic week. But I did like Mark Dice's annotation of it. I don't agree with all that Dice says. He is a jerk but that's his appeal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D4GrlOMlOBY

12. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Here I must agree with you. The political dynasties had to come to an end and it had to happen from the top down. While I pulled for Bernie in the beginning, watching him capitulate to a couple of rude BLM girls made me realize he would likely do the same with world leaders and I saw enough of that with Obama. I had high hopes for Obama as well, but he didn't deliver. The one thing he could have done to have the greatest effect was slow down the drug war, even if only to legalize marijuana. His answer was to let a bunch of crack dealers out of prison, a political stunt at best.

I've never liked Trump, but I too think what we need is a shakedown and he's just as likely to deliver it as Lee Iacocca might have been. Ross Perot, maybe, but he wasn't willing to play hardball with Washington and buckled when things got personal. A big plus for all of us is that the Clintons will fade into obscurity. Bill ramped up the drug war and went after pot users after appearing to support legalization. It was all a con to garner the youth vote and it worked brilliantly, for him.

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

You didn't see it all, so you go with the fake news about the "fake news". Face it, you're a bubble boy! I saw it live. Bizarro! President Bannon is out to delegitimize the mainstream media in favor of his AltRight propagandists. Bannon thinks he's some kind of "Leninist" evil genius, like his "dark" heroes (Dick Cheney, Darth Vader and Satan). He got the evil part right. Let's see if the country is the idiocracy he thinks it is! Trump's approval ratings are now down in the 30's. Congressional Republicans and their corporate masters will keep Trump around as long as they think he'll be a useful idiot in getting their economic agenda through. Then all bets are off. The wheels are starting to come off the "fine tuned machine". Too bad we're in the back seat of the jalopy!

1 person likes this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

Don't ya just love the fake news hysteria? Your hyper partisan news is fake! My hyper partisan news is real! LOL.
    I just haven't seen the press conference yet; that's basically it. I'll get around to it later today since it's apparently the talk of the town.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Reality bites. Are these just matters of opinion?
    http://ux-origin.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/trump-falsely-claims-biggest-electoral-win-since-reagan/98002648/
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/donald-trump-electoral-victory-claim/index.html

Seems to me you've given RT (Russia Today), the propaganda outlet of the Russian state, as an information source. Do you really think that's a more reliable source than our mainstream media?

16. 6-eyed shaman

Can you name me ONE news outlet that has a perfect record of not stretching the truth or lying for an agenda or special cause?

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No, but I can name several that make a habit of it: Fox, Breitbart, Russia Today, National Enquirer, Infowars, Daily Stormer, Drudge Report, Newsmax, Laura Ingrahm's various shows and pubs,etc.

2 people like this.
  18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

To me, the highlight of the conference was Trump's exchange with NBC News' Peter Alexander who pointed out the inaccuracy, Trump said he meant he won the largest electoral win of any Republican since Reagan. He was informed that George H.W. Bush won with 426 votes in 1988. Then he said "I was given that information". This reminds me so much of the old Get Smart Don Adams "Would you believe" comedy routine.
    Faversham: You think you've got me, but I have you surrounded by the entire mounted 17th Bengal Lancers.
    Khan: I don't believe you.
    Faversham: Would you believe the First Bengal Lancers?
    Khan: No
    Faversham: How about Gunga Din on a donkey?

19. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If nations are concerned about their shipping being blocked by new military bases in the South China Sea, the Russian ship off of Long Island is the mirror image.

Its about freedom of navigation. About recognized international waters.

Hey perhaps the Russians are scouting for bikinis on the Hampton's beaches?

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The Russian ship is in international waters, sinking it would be an act of war.

What would actually happen if Donald Trump shot that Russian ship “right out of the water”
    Blockading ports is also an act of war, no one has accused China of that.
    So what is he talking about?