Entropy Measured For First Time

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Wu Li Heron, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170214092653.htm

The laws of thermodynamics have become the center of attention in recent years and this is the first direct measurement of how entropy and existence itself are contextual or metaphoric, rather than metaphysical, suggesting an underlying analog systems logic at work that can bridge both classical and modern physics. Here, they discuss the topological implications, but don't go into the metaphorical scalar implications that classical logic provides the necessary error correction and normalization to make any sense out of the paradox of our existence. One of the more mind-blowing implications of everything being contextual and obeying a universal recursion in the law of identity is that everything that exists can be thought of as a kind of time machine with four rudimentary types of time machines being able to describe anything when the identity of even what you are calling a time machine goes down the nearest convenient rabbit hole or toilet of your personal preference.

Curioser and curioser said Alice, quanta provide the most efficient memories for simulating reality, thus, a watched pot of entangled quanta will never boil, yet, the smaller anything becomes the more frequently time flows backwards! The rabbit hole appears to have no bottom! The future is so bright I have to wear sun block and dark shades!

2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The One Greater Truth and Four Faces of God,​
    Infinite karmic universes all eternally converging,​
    The more things change the more they stay the same!​
    Our paradox of existence is extremely egalitarian!​
    Time itself is alive, self-contradictory, or a wave!​
    Meaning everything resembles a time machine!​
    Everything also resembles an FM radio station!​
    Along with, expressing more organic behavior...​
    Nothing, makes any sense in the final analysis!​
    A curioser "Participatory Anthropic Principle",​
    Requiring faith in ourselves and our journey,​
    That can also be expressed now in terms of integers and differentials,​
    Topology, flow dynamics, bandwidth potentials, and juxtapositions.​

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I'm a little stoned on meds right now but I'll summarize what I gathered from the entire read: They added energy to a molecule and were surprised that entropy increased!? Seriously, are these the brightest scientists we have? Of course adding energy increases entropic possibilities. It's like they don't even understand E=MC^2. Say energy is represented by dice, you roll two dice and there's 12 possible outcomes. Now add another die, possible outcomes increase to 18. That would be you're entropy of the energy in your roll. This seems like it should be basic common knowledge to all scientists.

1 person likes this.
  4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

"The laws of thermodynamics have become the center of attention in recent years and this is the first direct measurement of how entropy" is the only line in your post that even touches on the topic of the article, all the rest of that stuff all came from your imagination.

I doubt even you know what the hell you actually mean with your word salad.

1 person likes this.
  5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yeah, I agree and it also demonstrates the uncertainty principle, that the mere act of observation has an effect on the thing observed.
    after reading it it sure isn't as Earth shattering as Wu Li implies.

6. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

What it means is they have measured the topology and complexity of entropy which is related to Information Theory and Fractal Geometry. A related study of an AI by physicists recently indicated that by merely arbitrarily feeding it different numbers in different parts of a range it would inevitably figure out what works best for collating the numbers. What all these suggest is the laws of physics themselves can be considered self-assembling, like a table top puzzle where the picture inevitably reveals itself, and we are about to see the results within the next few decades now that we can map entropy itself but, curiously, it also implies there are four rudimentary ways in which anything can experience time relative to ourselves. A watched pot of entangled quanta will never boil making it a type of self-stimulated memory, and quanta can process information more efficiently than classical means. The ability to describe matter as the memory of energy will change everything we know about matter and phase transitions allowing people to predict things like room temperature superconductors or whatever. I'd be surprised if it takes more than two decades for experimentalists to provide all the evidence and, already, they've discovered that any phase transition requires both local and long range forces working together suggesting a supersymmetrical recursion.

7. Prediction: In five years we still won't know what the fuck is going on.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Dude, Relaxxx has the mental chops to comprehend the article, do you?
    I am beginning to have my doubts.
    it certainly does not mean all the quasi-mystical mumbo-jumbo you seem to think it does.
    As I've commented before, I see where you are going/intending, but man you sure take some pretty fanciful leaps into imagination.

oh and they did not measure topology and complexity of entropy, and have it all sorted out as your enthusiasm would imply, they just noticed that adding energy to a system increased the systems entropy and the uncertainty principle in action.

please quote the portion of the article that declares they have mapped out entropy or any of the other stuff you go on about......

guess you are another one that needs to have their sources checked and not accept your interpretation at face value

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

No, this is where the rubber meets the road in physics beginning with things like geometry and heat. Anything that exists is described as entropic and you just can't get more fundamental.

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Ok, yeah, I agree with that, but all the other malarky you go on about really isn't indicated in the science as you claim.

11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

For some time now there have been four teams of scientists around the world searching for fractal recursions in nature. Each team uses a different rudimentary approach in their search and, literally, millions of people right now are searching for the four root metaphors that I just shared. What I'm doing is extrapolating from the evidence to describe what is similar to the Chinese idea of Chi and Constructal Theory transformed into a metaphorical theory. Everything acting as if it is a time machine, a radio or waveform, self-organizing, or self-contradictory describes how to leverage the measurements of entropic topology to your best advantage by merely juxtaposing different recursive faces of Janus or particle-wave duality. A shadow, for example, is in a confined area giving it something in common with a particle and these kinds of topological similarities can be leveraged to do all sorts of things. A donut and a cup of coffee are topologically similar as is a pencil and a beach ball. Once you can measure entropy as topology and can watch the logic of how entropy unfolds in different systems you can base a physical theory on first principles and establishing that yin-yang dynamics rule the universe.

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

AHA! and therein lies the fundamental flaw in your approach, you are taking the information/science and trying your damnedest to make it conform to your philosophy which I'm assuming by your communications is deeply rooted in the I Ching and related.

If you can't see the problems with that approach then please join the ranks of Christians who deny evolution and other groups who attempt to force science to conform to their religious beliefs because that is essentially what you are espousing, your personal religious/spiritual belief system.

13. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

My philosophy is that the only thing I know is that I know nothing, meaning, its impossible to make reality conform to my philosophy!

14. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Autopoiesis has been around for decades

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

But it doesn't account for temporal dynamics or entropy. Assuming a context without significant content is a contradiction, time and entropy can be described as context dependent and modeled using both juxtapositions and flow dynamics on the assumption that everything remains context dependent. Whether time itself is perceived as organic or mechanical, existent or nonexistent, space or time, just depends upon the context which should be demonstrable with modern physics.

16. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I think you'll find it does.

17. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Autopoiesis assumes things always change and makes no clear distinctions between what is animate and inanimate, alive and dead, random and orderly. I'm attempting to describe why we perceive geometry and the arrow of time itself, as well as, why the laws of physics support life as we know it and maximum entropy production.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and as I stated earlier, you are attempting to do so in a manner that forces it to conform to your existing conceptions which you have stated are derived from the I Ching.
    and as the article demonstrated, the observer influences the thing observed, so what makes you so goddamn certain that shit conforms to your perspective?

you need to first start by examining and making conscious note of the filters you use to order and organize your internal reality, then you may have a better chance at perceiving/comprehending things as they are in their natural state.

19. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

You can claim I'm controlling you through the insidious alien anal probe mind-control conspiracy, but without so much as an explanation all you are doing is making wild accusations that belong on Professional Wrestling and reality TV or even in the white house these days. I get this same kind of crap from people who claim I am "too vague" and, of course, never elaborate. Explain exactly what I am "forcing" and how and then we might have something worth talking about.

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm not claiming anything you haven't already said, I just cut out all the bullshit and distilled it down.