How Do You Feel About Ad Block?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 12, 2017.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Do you use it on your computer? Recently I saw an article written by a marketing executive that tried to make you feel bad about doing it. Like somehow it's unfair and you are cheating his family out of food. Well I don't feel bad for him because the nature of his business is deceit and manipulation.

What you want to do is have ads that are packed with spyware and viruses so you can find out all my data points so you know how to manipulate me and market to me better. It does not matter how slow it makes the computer how harmful this stuff is. Does not matter who designed this stuff or what their motives may be. You paid for it and it will do what you want who cares what else. All that matters is you get that data. The ads even if not malicious will be over bearing from a visual and auditory stand point. They have to be because marketing works that way. You know I will be mad but if I like it not the product is in my mind and on some level you hope I will forget you pissed me off and buy it one day.

AdBlock allows ads I do see them but they must fit a certain format which advertisers hate because it does not allow this overbearing stuff. So they have the option for me to know their service they refuse to take it usualy.

I am sympathetic to the web site which needs ad revenue but they need to point the blame at the advertiser not me the user who just wants a secure computer. Ads are not secure.

2. tommyhot

tommyhot Member

I use Ublock. Works great. Used Adblock plus for years too. Too many freaking ads on the web. Enough is enough.

3. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

I use Adblocker and its probably one of the best things I have installed on my laptop.Its amazing how many sites rack up the ads.Some rack up 20 odd ads for one site alone.