Forgiving The Others

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Captain Allan, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Captain Allan

Captain Allan Members

For several years now [a couple of decades I guess] I'd been holding grudges against people I went to school with. I started hating the people in question for the most minor and trivial things out there. The other day, I decided to forgive them as most of what they did wasn't all that harmful and they were just being kids in the first place.
    I don't know where they are or what their doing with themselves all these years late; I just hope they are ok

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

good move.....no sense carrying that luggage around...

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am guessing that is all for yourself. Forgiveness is pretty empty when someone dosnt know it.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sounds like they didn't even know there was an issue.

but yeah, good move for OP's self. can't be healthy to go around hating people for no good reason.

5. JOABBB

JOABBB Members

There's nothing wrong with forgiving people without them knowing and only for yourself.

Carrying a grudge generally hurts the person carrying it. The offender goes about life like nothing happened.

1 person likes this.
  6. JOABBB

JOABBB Members

Good for the OP for letting go and moving forward.

7. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Forgiveness is definitely something I really struggle with a times...I mean, most things I can forgive & I'm certainly much more forgiving than I used to....but at times I do still struggle.

Good for you OP

8. Bjursten

Bjursten Members

This right here is gold.

There are many people who I use to feel hurt me, and many people I wanted to be forgiven by (people I hurt).

In the end, I will probably never get the chance to make amends, for to forgive those who hurt me, in person.

Sometimes you just have to "let it go" for the betterment of yourself.