Generation Z Is Fucked

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Generation Z is those born after the millennium. They are looking at huge debt if they want a degree, no guarantee of a decent job afterwards, can't afford rent let alone buy their own home. They say we should leave the world better for the next generation, but we've screwed it for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9boFzhUVG4

1 person likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Every generation has it’s challenges.

The challenges that face Generation Z are insignificant compared to the challenges that faced previous centurions and millennials…
    .....depressions, droughts, famine, plagues, civil wars, world wars...

Hotwater

3 people like this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Agreed...... :)

Cheers Glen.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, Generation Z as in E-Z :)

Hotwater

5. Joshua Tree

True enough, it's all relative. I was speaking relative to previous generations from the post-war era. The trend had been for people becoming better off during that time, but it seems we are now regressing.

6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Goes round in circles (always has )
    Least they are not gonna get eaten by Dinosaurs [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Joshua Tree

I don't think I'd be laughing if I were in their shoes.

This letter from Keith Craig to the Financial Times, a well-off businessman who did very well thank you very much out of the system, illustrates the point that the older generations milked society and left a mess for those to come:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/12/18/bexit-letter-of-the-year/

8. Rots in hell

I read FT and couldn't be Bothered reading the rest

9. morrow

morrow Visitor

They will never have it as hard as my generations parents and before...
    I was fortunate to be born in the 50s, and watched so much change..
    They will never see what I've seen, and I never see what my parents seen , or grandparents!
    Central heating, your own home, busses, supermarkets, inside toilets..
    Now, your hard pressed to see people without mobile phones!
    The other day, I seen a generation your on about, going into the local food bank, on his mobile phone, with a cig in his mouth...No, sorry, I don't feel anything for some of these generation..
    There is still school, doctors, benefits!!! And now food banks..
    We are each responsible for our own destiny
    I thank the generations before me for what they left me, and I sure didn't personally fuck anything up, so no, I don't feel bad..
    They got it good..Let them work at it..

1 person likes this.
  10. Rots in hell

^^ Spot on ^^
    When I was a kid we had no Choice but to walk round with the Knees and arse hanging out of our Pants !
    Kids Buy em like that today does that make US better off ?

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This is a list of property prices indicies the world over

https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/rankings_by_country.jsp

Toggle the Mortgage as % of income in particular

23% in the US, 40% in Puerto Rico

The UK scores a 69%, my country, Australia scores 70%

Thats cost of a mortgage on median price 90sqm urban apartment divided by median household income

China scores a whopping 189%, Russia 193% - lets you know most of Russia and China are still 3rd world.

But what it really shows is who benefits the most from EU membership, and why Britain needs to get the fuck out of the EU

There are other factors, my country its too much to do with the ridiculous level of bureaucracy, zoning regulations and the actual westminister system

3 1/3 years of median income in the US, 10 years in the UK to pay off the same thing ???

You have to ask yourself, why that is, because it isnt a generational thing

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I've realized over recent years just how lucky I was to be born in the 1950s. Would I want to change places with a Z? No way.
    The way things are going, it looks pretty bleak. It seems that we're not going to put the brakes on our destruction of the environment, and the people who are young now are the ones's who are going to have to deal with the consequences. As we're loosing up to 10% of bio-diversity every decade, they will very likely see the world become more and more impoverished, whilst the elites of the world become ever more reactionary in order to support their own positions.

The problems we have now with refugees could become extreme to the point where what we see now looks like nothing.

Education too is a big issue. People of my age got all their tuition fees paid as well as a grant to see them through university. Now you just get saddled with a big debt, and probably a job in Poundland at the end.

When I was a kid back in the 60s there was a generally optimistic kind of feel to things. That's now long gone, and kids now have to exist in a world where conflict, environmental meltdown and economic decline are the keynotes. And to be honest, I don't think there's much likelihood of things getting turned around.

13. Rots in hell

could this happen these days ? 4000 people Died and thats the lowest estimate some say 10 12000
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/05/11-incredible-pictures-from-the-great-smog-of-1952_n_4389546.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog_of_London

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243732/Pea-souper-killed-12-000-So-black-screen-cinemas-So-suffocatingly-lethal-ran-coffins-How-Great-Smog-choked-London-60-years-ago-week.html

Living in the NW as a kid there were Chemical dumps all over the place ! we used to play on land that could easily Kill you
    Smoke was everywhere from factory chimneys and the waterways were Full of raw sewage , You used to get Beaten at School for showing any kind of weakness and god help you if you were a bit slow or perceived to be weak !

Optimistic feeling my arse ! Where did you Guys grow up Buckingham Palace ?

1 person likes this.
  14. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  15. morrow

morrow Visitor

Mally and Bill, great posts..

I lived very close to Liverpool docks, and even in the60s, that smog was terrible.. if the smog from theses rolled in, it also was bad..
    But..With out googling. I think it was around 1968, the clean air act came in, and changed our lives forever!

Loved those links guys..

Wonder what act the z generations are going to bring in to change people's lives.." every child should have a mobile phone on their 5th birthday?"

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

Bill, yes we got education paid for, if you were lucky, but my daughter was born 1982, and she has a bill still, from her uni fees, so today's generations are not being hurt any more than people born 20 years before mate..

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

18. Rots in hell

London had suffered from poor air quality since the 1200s,[3] which worsened in the 1600s,[4][5] but the Great Smog is known to be the worst air-pollution event in the history of the United Kingdom,[6] and the most significant in terms of its effect on environmental research, government regulation, and public awareness of the relationship between air quality and health.[2][4] It led to several changes in practices and regulations, including the Clean Air Act 1956.

As I said nothing new ! Who are you going to blame For pollution in the 1200s 1600s ?

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

On his deathbed,General Franco,the right wing Spanish dictator,was asked for his dying wish.

"I want you to insert a suppository into my anus," he said.

"Why?" he was asked.

"Because even when I am dead," he replied "I still want to be fucking the Spanish up the arse!!!"

20. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

What happened to Generation Y?