Americans Spend 1.2 Trillion Annually On Nonessentials

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Wu Li Heron, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Others have more flare with countless things, but Americans are all about mastering the commercial market for lowbrow anything with Pet Rocks being a classic piece of Americana along the same lines as many of our greatest works of art.

2. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Umm, I think people in every country can say something rediculous brought success through good marketing, this is not exclusive to the USA.
    Good marketing... it was a cheap gag gift that made people smile. Didn't take work to care for... modern version of this would be the pet watch Tamagotchi from Japan which is also rediculous. Marketing it was great and appealed to people after a time of some unrest in the world, in the USA I think there was great flare in this. Imagination and understanding what would appeal to people of that time.

As for master works of art being considered just as great as the pet rock, this rock did not only sell in the USA. that statement could not be further from the truth. I do not think anyone would put death of murat by David next to a pet rock... or a Warhol, American - next to it... Georgia O'keeffe - American artist . James McNeil Whistler, American artist Theodore Gericault, George's Braque, or Mary Cassatt - American artist impressionist. I could go on. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I will sell you a can of London air for £5.

1 person likes this.
  4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

There's an Italian artist who tinned his own feces and sells it $70,000.oo and more.

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Jobs are being created. Go to China and they are so desperate for jobs that 3 bellhops help you when checking in to a hotel

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

2 people like this.
  7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The economy has grown so large that the world economy is now considered the largest influence on nature today and is steadily destroying the entire planet. Jobs are not the only issue when you are burning the candle at both ends and leaving nothing but ashes wherever you go. The US, for example, could already employ countless people just to clean up the environment and could even take the lead on the issue soon enough as the cost of the technology goes so far down in price it inevitably becomes embarrassing that we did not do these things sooner. Many have been waiting for the US to take the initiative which it will do when the shit starts to hit the fan harder. That's just how Americans are, good in a crisis and terrible at maintenance, but the technology to organize it all in meaningful ways and make it a hundred times cheaper by modeling nature is only know becoming available. The next twenty years should make it abundantly clear exactly what most of our options are and how best to proceed for the next century or more and should lay the foundations for all that is to come.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Glad you agree.

1 person likes this.