The Real Story.

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Gangster Guru, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My Mum died around 5 years ago but she died leaving no will.My Uncle became executor of her estate.Most of this was a house with mortgage fully paid up.Thing is her partner who I never got on with is still living in the house.He's in his late 70s.I can't throw him out because he's old and sick.He stays in bed all day drinking vodka and smoking cigs.Last time I saw him he looked half dead.I need to visit the house and make sure everything's in order.I haven't been there for 3 years.For all I know he could be maggot-ridden rotting dead in bed.

I don't wish anyone dead but it's been dragging on and on.I want to sell the house and do things with the money.I'm borrowing money from my uncle at the moment.The guy has no family or friends.I feel a bit sorry for him but he's always been awful to me.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Sometimes I think though when is this Tucker gonna die!!! Is that bad of me?

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If your inheritance is this house, you should definitely be doing regular checks on it.

4. Aerianne

If you find that he isn't able to keep the house as it should be kept, if it's a health or safety hazard, there might be steps you can take.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yes my inheritance is in this house.It is insured for fire and theft.Mick,that's his name,cut the landline phone when he was in hospital with pneumonia.I have no way of calling him.I must write him and get his cellphone number and visit.But I have a real emotional block doing this because he is always so nasty.The house is in Northamptonshire 1 hours on the train from me.My Uncle has the title deed so there's no way it could be sold without me involved.

scratcho likes this.
  6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

For all his faults Mick is a responsible guy.I don't imagine the house is in a state but I think I'm going to make moveable visit in the next month.

1 person likes this.
  7. Aerianne

My brother is living in what was my parents' home. He came to live with them after his divorce, years ago.

Dad died first and mom's been gone since 2007.

My brother is kind of "special". We don't have a diagnosis.

It was agreed that he would stay in the house as long as possible, so as not to upset him with having to move.

All four of us, me and 3 brothers own the house equally.

He pays property taxes and upkeep on it. My oldest brother goes to the house and checks on things, weekly.

I really don't know how this situation will end.

We're all aging. The oldest of us is 69 years old and the youngest is 54.

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Property business can often up in a real mess,is what I'm thinking.

9. 5x5 Extreme

5x5 Extreme Members

Heritage sometimes makes his brother an enemy. It's a very bad situation. I think the most important thing is careful not to hurt people.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I still haven't visited the house or heard from my Mother's partner. I'm torn up inside. I'm dreading him dying and having to go up there to arrange the funeral. It's all very sad. My Mum dying so young really was very sad. I'm completely fed up with the situation. It wasn't meant to be like this.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Can he qualify for assistance to live at a nursing home?

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Conceivably, yes. Or I thought he could have a lodger stay free in return for help in the house and getting around. I know he wouldn't like a nursing home but that may have to happen at some point. Thing is I don't have a clue as to his state of health. I have such a block about making contact.

Thanks for asking.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

sounds like you need to hire Paul Bohill

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Sorry don't know who he is?

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

high court enforcement

he evicts people from places they dont own