People Watching Quirks.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gangster Guru, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I like watching animals, as i am now watching my pugs all sleeping and snoring next to me right now. I watch with love and a feeling of only wanting their health and safety....so that is love....and they sleep comfortably.

2 people like this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people watching quirks have more fun then people watching people.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I only ever really watched people I am closest to....for clarity, understanding...because I care or cared, etc....I get a good education from listening to other people......and I don't mind watching people on tv....

4. fundoo

fundoo Members

hmm ever since a university friend of mine said she enjoys people watching, or however she said it, I felt like it wasn't a big deal or anything to consider quirky (she was pretty damn cool, I thought). Others I've known later however, tend to tell me to mind my business. I guess I people watch though, as Moonglow said, when I care about them... or if I'm scared of them. Haha like "why did this person drive around my street like 3 or 4 times in the last 20 minutes??" But then when I find myself doing it, trying to locate a house I've never been to for instance, I think, ok, well maybe it's just that! hehe but I still...pay attention to my surroundings I guess.

The grocery checkout stuff, I get the comments about my purchases. I'm not even vegetarian, I buy meats elsewhere, but they're always like "oh, are you going vegetarian??" and it's just easier to say "yes!". :p Kind of annoying, that comment, but then I kinda like when I'm buying just for a single meal or for a party or something and they're like "is that for ___ or are you making ___??" and I just laugh at how they state the obvious! :p...or sometimes they are SO off. People amuse me! "People kill me!" haha

5. fundoo

fundoo Members

Exactly!! What else are you gonna do in those looong checkout lines? (or queues as you've said. omg did I actually spell it right?? haha awesome!)

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

If A Staff Member At A Checkout Asked Me Was I Going Vegetarian I'd Stick A "Pork Sausage"

Between Her/His Lips......That Should Shut Em Up....... :D

Cheers Glen.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I was at the supermarket a few years ago and I watched some middle aged lady pick up a cucumber, inspect it closely, give it a big lick, and then put it back. She just sauntered away. It was excellent.

3 people like this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

trains and cats are more fun to watch then quarks or humans.
    watching little furry things without disturbing them is fun.

other people have voices in their heads
    i get to watch movies in mine.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Always wash your produce when you get home.

2 people like this.
  10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I have movies with voices.

11. La Ya Ya

La Ya Ya Fueled by Espresso Lifetime Supporter

My first year in a new town at a new school the girl across the homeroom table was also new. Since we had that in common we became friends and since we didn't know any of the other students we would sit and people watch in the lunchroom and make up stories about the people passing us. I can't remember what we said about them but I remember us laughing and laughing over our comments. It was fun.

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would love to watch people watching quirks. i'd be totally curious to see how they do it.
    bound to be more fun then watching humans.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I like to watch people on the tube.(Underground train.) It's like a mobile moving encounter group. It's great when you get to talk to people,like if they have a dog or a young child to break the ice. It's not so great in the rush hour.

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I was at a thrift store and some teenagers picked up a Che Guevara T-shirt off the racks and one turned to the other and said "Sweet! It's the lead singer from Rage!"

3 people like this.
  15. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I watch the birds and squirrels playing outside from the window at my job. Once in a while i may sit at a park bench or beach and watch the people passing by.

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I admit to people watching. I can't help it. I'm doing it before I know what I'm doing. I do it to people that I care for and to people I don't know!!! I'm out of control. :D

I watch them in lines, as they pick out produce or shopping for whatever. Almost all children immediately come to me, which I think is funny and I'm old enough that it doesn't usually flip out whoever the kid is with.

If I'm in a line and there is a handicapped person (I'm talking about mentally, for the most part) anywhere around, somehow they know I'm good to talk to. lol Now that usually flips out whatever family member they are with. :D Its all good...I promise I don't like seeing people get upset but I can't help but find their "upsetness" amusing since there is no danger anywhere. (Its part of the people watching experience.)

2 people like this.
  17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

.this factoid fascinates me......here a 12 oz is a mickey....next size up we call 26er.......next size up is a 40 pounder940 ozs]...bt ''a bottle'' would not be specific enough for sizing here

I didn't rally think of ''people watching'' or even that it was a thing until 1986......my sister was visiting me in Vancouver and I brought her to the club I hung out at...it was called the hippopotamus club but we just called it ''hippos''...your typical 80s dance bar full of make up queens and dudes like me trying to look cool.....

.....there was a group of regulars, all girls, they would act out certain songs popular at that time...doing motions like if the word ''baby'' was in the song they all in unison would do a baby cradling motion with their arms as they danced...

they were quite good at it too.....so they are out on the floor doing their thing and my sister leans over to me and says ''this is a great people watching bar''........it was the first time I had heard that term ......so ever since then I have been conscious of being an avid people watcher....any where and every where

p.s. to Juanita the coat check girl at hippo's in Vancouver 1986.....i'm still in love with you :)

18. fundoo

fundoo Members

yeah, this tbh. I was just agreeing with the first one I saw when I last posted. I mean I DID agree, but there was more too it ;) ;) :p But I DO try to stop if I'm not under threat or if I'm not supposed to be interested, which might include people I like don't care for. "ignore! ignore! ignore!" as my Dad used to say. ha!

1 person likes this.
  19. fundoo

fundoo Members

omg! :p ok, so I didn't actually WATCH anybody (that I'm aware of), but we went to the supermarket tonight and it made me think of this thread. [​IMG]

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

At the supermarket I always look at bigger People and think no you shouldn't buy that or you really don't really need any of that. =p

But I keep my gob shut because they're allowed to buy whatever they'd like and I don't have a say in that. :)

1 person likes this.