Quebec Police: 6 Killed In Mosque Attack, 8 Wounded

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by hotwater, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I just want yo see things cleaned up in Canada before we attempt or the government grandstand on the political stage...pretends to be helping in solving the worlds problems. If you can't feed the people in your own back yard what hope is there in helping anyone else?

There comes a time where everyone has to make a choice, help your neighbour, your family, a friend who is struggling to survive, help someone in your own country or help someone you do not know... nor will ever see. I have seen it be said people tend to give locally. At a funeral for a friend, or bring food over to a sick neighbour. Volunteering at a soup kitchen in your own city... giving to a food bank... helping feed kids breakfast in the morning through a breakfast program, trying to feed hungry kids in cities in Canada. etc... nothing wrong with feeling this way and wanting to see things improve for the people who live here. Our health care is a mess too. Needs fixing so people here get the help they need and kids don't die waiting hours to see a doctor in emergency. I also think there needs to be programs put in place so people assimilate rather than segregate. These are real problems in my country. I want that fixed ... again if we can't look after our own we can't look after people coming in.

If this is a hate crime, that just strengthens the fact to me that programs need to be put in place that people assimilate rather than segregate. Communicate. Understanding is key.

And me questioning terrorist attack was understandable. Terrorist attack label made other countries worry... perhaps needlessly. Caused a panic, a possibly unrealistic panic. I questioned the use of the word.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

while no motive has yet been found many interesting things have been found on the dudes facebook page as well as being known for his beliefs by several organizations

''acting like a troll''.

seems he was all over the place...being anti womens rights kinda stuck out......

pro trump and anti immigrant...those 2 are not a shocker are they

this horrible crime more than likely and my own opinion has many root causes that culminated in this fucktard killing good and wonderful people.....unchecked and hidden or undiagnosed mental illness probably mixed in with all of it

debating the name of the crime is for the Quebec police and attorneys prosecuting

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexandre-bissonnette-quebec-city-canada-mosque-shooting-attack-suspect-gunman-shooter-photos-pictures-video-motive/

3. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

The prime minister has a responsibility And should try not to talk out if his ass. Which he does a lot. Get the facts before causing a panic, one which put NYC on alert apparently.

Trudeau told the House of Commons in Ottawa: "Make no mistake, this was a terrorist attack."

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the prime minister acted accordingly just like any other head of state of a free country

please quote the prime minister if you are putting his comment up for denate in thread...which you now have

so? ...

what horrible thing did my buddy Justin say exactly?

people in the thread may not have heard the statement?

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

My thoughts go out to all of the victims and their families during this horrific time. That this happens to any person who is on canadian soil is unacceptable. There are no excuses or reasons that are acceptable for it happening.

We are all only a few generations removed from being immigrants. Something that many people choose to forget, especially if their family tree is from a country that is "acceptable" to the masses.

2 people like this.
  6. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I agree with part of what you said.

I am simply Canadian. That is all I am. I am not a few generations removed from being. ... This is simply my home. what exactly do you think is acceptable to the masses? I find I am acceptable to the masses as are people I know. I find that statement odd.

My heart too goes out to the victims as well. Terrible thing to have happen in our country.

7. Heat

I am second generation canadian. Both sets of grandparents came here as immigrants. What is generally acceptable to the masses is what is familiar, be it religions, colour/race, country of origin and all those other pretty phrases that we throw around to excuse our own intolerance of differences.

I read back over your posts and see intolerance.

Most immigrants are also Canadian, as it is what they have chosen to be. I can celebrate a country that embraces that.

2 people like this.
  8. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Not true at all. What in what I said do you read as intolerance.?

I agree with you that immigrants are also Canadian.

Perhaps I am not the masses and neither is anyone else I associate with. I think of myself as a part of the mass that just identifies themselves as Canadian, and that comes in every colour under the sun and religion too I come from a city that is very multicultural, One which embraces people and their differences. I don't condone violence.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

..every person in Canada, barring full blooded indigenous peoples, is a few generations removed from being an immigrant....it doesn't matter what you personally think...as far as society goes at some point at least one of your ancestors had to come to Canada from somewhere else...your own patriotism isn't being questioned

it isn't rocket science......

the prime ministers statement verbatim

from the office of the pm of Canada official site

Go to Article
    Français

Ottawa, Ontario - January 29, 2017
    The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, issued the following statement today after hearing of the fatal shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec located in the Ste-Foy neighbourhood of the city of Québec:
    oh my god...that is terrible....you described it as ''talking out of his ass'' or some shit like that?

could you please explain which part is the offensive part?
    I am willing to listen to reason if you have some?

link to Justin trudeaus official statements as provided BY HIS OFFICE

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news

2 people like this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

do I have to quote your reply in which you boasted about living in the most multi cultural city in the world....and yet not a single person you associate with also recognizes their heritage as part of their''self''...that each and every friend and associate you have declares ''Canadian only''?

that is very hard to believe...that is also an example of isolation.....maybe you should branch out a bit or at least remember your previous statements

11. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

never said offensive, you did rolling. Excuse me rolling, I prefer to disregard you, When headlines read terrorist attack I choose to question the validity of the terrorist attack, if you choose to not question it that is up to you. It lead to a panic that was not warranted. From the beginning I felt it was a hate crime. There is a difference. Not that I condoned it. As I said immigrants are Canadians too. Slaves who fled here many generations ago simply refer to themselves as Canadian. People who were not born here call themselves simply Canadian as this is their home.

12. Heat

Vigils are being held across Canada in support of those who have been killed or injured as well as their families. For those unable to attend perhaps a candle lit in solidarity for them might be an option.

2 people like this.
  13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

this is your quote I am referring too

yes I said offensive...talking out his ass may not be offensive in your mind....but then again you know way more about ass-speaking than i

there was no anic...no panic in the streets or in the news,...you are making that shit up...it is sop to upgrade security at similar establishments after ANY terrorist attack......for the record...a child even knows that to commit terror you start with hate...first the hate...then the terror...that's how it works

BOTH ARE INVOLVED

next
    interesting point you are attempting to slide in....please..explain how all of a sudden no person in Canada includes another ethnicity in their bio....those slaves you mention...are you sure none of them said they were from Africa?...or Georgia?...... I am pretty sure the term African-American came from somewhere?...could there also be an African-Canadian

lets ask uncle google

why yes there is

The African Canadian Heritage Association (ACHA) has been providing African Caribbean heritage programming since 1969. The program features African history lessons, arts and crafts, special events for students who range in age from 5-18 years of age.

obviously if you are going to make a factual statement people are going to fact check you.

it is absurd to make such a general statement about all people in history of Canada that could not mathematically be true never mind logically....

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

15. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

As a person born to the first generation of a Canadian family, who was adopted into the US, making me an immigrant, I honor my familial past, such as I know, and integrate what it means to be North American and a citizen of the States.

I also am so happy that Canada has someone with a heart at the helm.
    I miss that here.

2 people like this.
  16. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I was thinking that Canada is probably the only place where terrorist events are rare, and now that is now sadly proven to be an illusion as well.

I hope this country recovers from this tragic event and retains its unique multicultural fabric of society.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They're rare in lots of countries.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Isnt this guy a white nationalist?

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Cant find anything solid bout him being a nationalist, i guess that was conjecture - reasonable conjecture, considering he shot up a mosque

But he is white, he is Canadian

He isnt Moroccan as Fox News initially reported, he isnt a refugee, he isnt a Muslim immigrant. So why are some of you talking as if he is?

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.