Proof Of Giants On Earth?

Discussion in 'History' started by Aerianne, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I never attacked one lol. I remember the first time I saw one was on a cobble road and it was waving me away and I was like scared IRL because I'd just stared and I knew this thing would kick my ass straight away. Lol.

And then I encounter more on my travels but I never go near them. They freak me out. :D

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The first time I discovered the town of Whiterun I went off exploring the surroundings instead of going on with any quest. I was smashed to death many times while trying to satisfy my curiousity finding out what that place south of that tower was where you encounter a dragon for the second time. It was a giant camp and they don't like puny humans going there :p :D

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes that's where I saw the first one too where the first dragon attacks. :D may have been just after, I think there's a camp of them lol.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And there's also another one up a hill in the way to winter..berg. :D

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

There are several giant camps in the tundra around Whiterun. I still think (even now I know that shit to death) it is so awesomely made, I mean it really feels vast and like a wide plain but with lots of hidden places... and with those beautiful mountains in the background (to which you can actually go to and climb!). But the biggest appeal is of course how it got inspired on Norwegian nature and mythology. Love it. Don't get me wrong Irmi, I don't mind mystical creatures like giants, dwarfs, valkyries etc. to be real (or to once have been real). But I don't confuse my wishful thinking with how likely I happen to find it in reality.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I used to go giant hunting and take them out with my bow. Sometimes I would kill their cow if they were walking one and piss them off....LOL
    NEVER try to go melee against a giant, they can actually kill you with a blow to the ground right next to you, or at least knock you on your ass.
    Thankfully they are slow, big stride, but slow.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cow?? I thought they were mammoths? :D

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Gilgamesh was more likely an offspring of the alien race, or a Nephilim. The Epic of Gilgamesh tells he was a very tall and powerful man, strong like a Star...and the remaining part of that last word is damaged on that tablet. Iraqi historians are looking for the rest of the tablet. The story tells that he went to the land of pine and cedar trees to kill another giant named Hum Baba. It also tells that Gilgamesh sailed south to the Island of Delmun or Dilmun. Many today think that was the Island of Bahrain. These old Iraqi Sumerian texts also tell that their people had trouble with very large birds which used to raid their villages and eat humans. There has been evidence found these birds were like an ostrich but up to sixteen feet high...giant birds.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I liked the part where I think he was going into a cave, but it was guarded by robotic century units. :)

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I saw a massive man once,so tall you wouldn't have thought he could get into a car. I think it is reasonable to assume that somewhere along the evolutionary path there were humans measuring as much as 3 to 4.5 metres,which would be giants in our estimation. But beings much taller than this just seem impractical from a biological viewpoint.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How so? If birds evolved from dinosaurs, and dinosaurs were giants, how is it a biological impracticability? Those Utah Raptors stood as high as a man, now they are small as a finch.

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Okay. Maybe you are right. More interesting to me is why we want to believe in beings,could be dwarves and elves too,which don't exist in our present reality.

Also it is a question of scale. Our current range of height seems well fit for our environment,in relation to dogs and cats for example,and so many other things.There were giants,just not like fifty foot ones,is just my opinion.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Well granted there are dwarves today. And elven kind. They have to live quite secret lives I imagine. Probably why we don't see them much. I haven't got a clue really.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The elves, I call, Asians. :D
    The giants I call Nords. :D

15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I draw the line at unicorns.

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Somewhere, yesterday, I read about some super old houses they found in caves on the shore in Scotland.

The ceiling height in both houses was something like 5'3".

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yeah, thats right, mammoths, duh.....
    haven't played in a looooong time

1 person likes this.
  18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Asmo hit on it earlier. it was because of higher oxygen levels critters could grow larger, especially insects.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

As PR pointed out there are many biblical references to Giants which include Genesis 6:4 (which he cited) and Numbers 13:33 but I’m a bit more skeptical

[​IMG]

Hotwater

20. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Here is a report on mysterious markings in the Phrygian valley of central turkey presumed by geologist Dr. Alexander Koltypin as made by an ancient intelligent race.