Will Trump Supporters Listen To The Warnings?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jan 26, 2017.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

His voters are all morons. So bitter and upset over Obama that nothing other then the chaos we see now matters. For people to be upset means "their country" has been taken back. They have zero understanding of economics or the subtle nuances of diplomacy.

It's sad and scary but somehow "fact" is meaningless to them and somehow up to personal interpretation. It's right out of 1984
    2+2=5 The world is not getting hotter

The United Kingdom is considering cutting off much of their diplomatic relations with us because the goverment is unstable. We are on the level of a third wold dictator to them now. They have plans in place just in case they have to go to war with us. It's just too hard to say what Trump says one day to the next. And Europe is on the side of the UK.

This is VERY serious but no one will do anything.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

and people say the right are all just fear mongering

3. Phil E.

Phil E. Members

I wouldn't call everyone who supports Trump a right winger or a moron - it's this anger with no regard to rationale that got Trump elected. You're a product of the media that you believe. I think that many Trump supporters, which included democrats and independents, believed that the country had already gotten into big trouble with Obama. 94,000,000 people not working in the U.S, calling any attempt to control the borders of the U.S. a racist agenda, and making race relations worse than ever, practically no GDP growth and the list goes on and on. Some us just think that it's totally reasonable for the President to uphold the laws of the United States as this is required when you take the oath of office. Have you ever read the constitution? What was up was down, what was right was wrong. Don't forget about 84 million people voted for Trump, not just a few thousand crazy folks like many Hillary supporters would like to believe. Lots and lots of women voted for Trump. It wasn't as much of a blow out as the media would like you to believe. I think any party who leans too far to the left or right is asking for a correction down the line.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

OMG there's a mad mad in office .......................

Trump pressured Park Service to find proof for his claims about inauguration crowd

On the morning after Donald Trump’s inauguration, acting National Park Service director Michael T. Reynolds received an extraordinary summons: The new president wanted to talk to him.

In a Saturday phone call, Trump personally ordered Reynolds to produce additional photographs of the previous day’s crowds on the Mall, according to three individuals who have knowledge of the conversation. The president believed that the photos might prove that the media had lied in reporting that attendance had been no better than average.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pressured-park-service-to-find-proof-for-his-claims-about-inauguration-crowd/ar-AAmhVMm?li=BBnb7Kz

Hotwater

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

stoned

LOL – I have many interests one is world history and politics and the US is especially interesting because it has so much influence on the world.

Thinking about a number of subjects is not a very difficult thing to do I’d recommend you try it, you might find it expands you knowledge and insight.

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

I also would not call Trump supporters morons and I can understand many of their situations but as I’ve said before Trump got elected –

[SIZE=11pt]It seems to me that many people who are supporting Trump are angry and the basis of this anger seems to be in large part due to their economic situation, but many of these are long term right wing voters who have presumably being voting for previous right wing politicians who brought in the [neoliberal] policies that brought about the economic situation in which those voters now find themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And it’s not like nobody told them I mean even before Thomas Frank wrote What's the Matter with Kansas? people were asking why so many seemed to be voting against their own interests.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Instead of shouting ‘Make America great again’ they should be chanting ‘We fucked up and now we want to do it some more’ [/SIZE]

And it’s not like they were not warned about what could happen but the thing was that these voters got bamboozled, they were lied to and misdirected some to the point where they seem unable to think rationally or reasonably and ‘believe’ in things that they are unable to defend from valid criticisms.

[SIZE=11pt]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]You could try Roger and I by Michael Moore who was highlighting what outsourcing meant back in 1989 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Globalization and Its Discontents[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Joseph E. Stiglitz 2002[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]What's the Matter with America? The Resistible Rise of the American Right [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]by Thomas Frank (2004) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A brief history of neoliberalism[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] by David Harvey 2007 [/SIZE]

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

You think the US only got into the state it is now with Obama?

LOL to me it has had its problems going back years, to me the big problem in recent US history is the right wing neoliberal ideology that has dominated US political and economic history over the last 30 odd years or so. Obama should of fought against it many in his own party and virtually all those in the Republican are infected with the neoliberal virus.

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

Trump has claimed that the figure was 93 million (you seem to have added another) but

Once you strip out full-time students, senior citizens, the disabled, and those who have chosen not to work to take care of their children, a more reasonable estimate of "out of work" Americans is somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 million, or less than a quarter of Trump’s figure.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/aug/31/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-us-has-93-milion-people-out-work/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/trump-wildly-inflates-unemployment/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/02/10/fact-check-trump-wildly-inflates-unemployment/80202318/

What has to be remembered here is that Obama took over at the time of the Great Recession, that resulted from the neoliberal produced financial crash. And employment has actually grown the problem for many is that due to the neoliberal policies followed over the last 30 odd years many of those jobs are low paid.

The thing is that many of those complaining about the hollowing out of the manufacturing base and outsourcing and the move toward a low pay service economy voted for politicians that supported the neoliberal policies that hollowed out of the manufacturing base encouraged outsourcing and the move toward a low pay service economy.

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

Who has been doing that? Could you please clarify, I mean even Obama voted for the Bush Admins border fence.

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

Again can you explain your think on this? Are you saying that race relations were ‘good’ before Obama was elected and got worse? How did it get worse and in what way did Obama contribute to that?

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

Well it goes up and down and again you have to ealie that Obama took over just as the financial crash’s effect were being felt.

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 18036.65 billion US dollars in 2015. The GDP value of the United States represents 29.09 percent of the world economy. GDP in the United States averaged 6560.26 USD Billion from 1960 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 18036.65 USD Billion in 2015 and a record low of 543.30 USD Billion in 1960.
    https://knoema.com/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2016-data-and-charts-forecast

If you talking about the growth rate I believe the figures for the last quarter of 2015 for the US was 1.4% (compared with the UK’s 0.5%, Germany 1%) the thing is that the developed world is all having growth problems at the moment and a lot of that is due – yep to the neoliberal polices these countries are in large part been following over the last 30 odd years or so.

1 person likes this.
  12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Phil

That figure is incorrect

62,979,879 voted for Trump

65,844,954 voted for Hillary

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It got some media attention here too. They mentioned something about that the people travelling by subway to that inauguration were also counted and it was indeed far less than Trump would like :p

14. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The UK isn't going to cut any diplomatic or other ties with the USA. May is over there today seeking a deal with Trump.

I have yet to speak to anyone in Britain who thinks Trump is anything but a complete idiot, and a dangerous one. But the attitude of the UK govt is that they need Trump because when we leave the EU we want to try to replace some of the trade we did with Europe with trade deals with the US.

2 people like this.
  15. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

They will continue to support him even after it's gotten so bad they can't deny it. And they will always find someone on the left to scapegoat for their failures.

2 people like this.
  16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

With 16 of the last 24 years on the lefts shoulders it shouldn't be hard.

17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Another thing about trump voters is that they were so opposed to having a negro in the White House, they have gone to an extremist to erase that memory.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

that is a fucking ridiculous statement.
    you are implying that they went with the whiter of the 4 white candidates because the last president was half black?
    i can actually understand the people that say they dont know how trump got elected a bit better after reading that post.

1 person likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

As we all know, to a real racist "half black" is a meaningless concept. Any black at all makes a person contaminated. And it's not about Trumps' skin color. It's about his Birtherism.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

ok its hard to argue that point, i rolled my eyes reading it....but if thats why then so be it.
    i can only assume this is a weak theory being i doubt you can find a non kkk member that would say that birtherism is the reason they voted for trump