Trump Signs Order To Revive Dakota And Keystone Pipelines

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Simply not true.

Same counts for wind energy.

Anyway about those pipes, there was also the alternative to go around those lands right? So they still got the pipelines (even some more of it yay ;)) and keep those lands safe and clean.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

yeah i never got the (environmental) argument, the only reason i was against the dakota was because of indians once again having their land taken away from them.

3. How do you explain all these leaks, then?

Here's another one from just today from my home state. Seems like these things are breaking left and right.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

it was the russians

1 person likes this.
  5. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Nobody on the planet keeps land they cannot defend. If you're sitting on land that was granted by a government, don't get comfortable. I don't make the rules, I'm just very aware of them.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i am well aware from experience of the rules, i just disagree with them

1 person likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Standing Rock Sioux Tribe posted the following to their facebook earlier. While this makes me sad, I agree that they are potentially in physical danger if they remain at camp. The current political climate is too unpredictable, in addition to the weather conditions. I hope people continue to follow this closely

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. 1-26-17

Statement from Standing Rock Tribal Council

Over a week ago, representatives from the various camps and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe met at length to develop a plan for relocating from the camps, which are in danger of flooding. In the time since, the Cannonball community came forward with a resolution asking that, for liability reasons and social and financial strain, the Tribal Council consider disbanding rather than relocating the camps. The Tribal Council has heard the concerns of the community and despite recent actions taken by the Trump administration, we stand by the Cannonball district's decision.

We understand and acknowledge the power of the camps in bringing us this far in our fight against the Dakota Access Pipeline. We maintain, however, that given current conditions, both physical and political, the focus must shift from maintaining camps to being at the political and legal forefront. The new regime will not respond to the camps with moderate actions; the tribe is not willing to place its citizens nor its battle against DAPL in jeopardy where so much that has been accomplished can be lost. For this reason, we ask that the campers leave by the 30th of January.

The Tribal Council understands that many wish to return to camp given the Presidential Memorandum issued Tuesday that attempts to push DAPL forward. We stress, however, that further actions at the camp and at the bridge and drill pad are not where we will find success in this struggle moving forward. We need to be able to focus our energy on the intense government-to-government political situation and not the camps. Please do not return, but instead put your heart and effort into supporting the battle for clean water from your various homes around the globe.

While the Tribe has no plans for forcible removal or sweeps, please understand that there is law enforcement capability outside of tribal control. We do not want to give them cause to enter the area. We thank you for your cooperation and commitment, and hope that you continue to stand with us as we take this movement into the next phase; the sheer number of our supporters and their voices being heard through various media are one of our most powerful allies as we continue to push back against the new administration.

Once again, we encourage the remaining campers and those who wish to return to consider the dangerous conditions facing the region. This has been an unusually harsh winter, and we are expecting early and severe flooding to the region. We stress the need to clean and clear the area for the sake of human wellbeing and also for that which you came to protect: the water.

#standwithstandingrock
    #standingrock
    #nodapl
    #bankexit

1 person likes this.
  8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

More than half the construction of the pipeline was done under Obama's watch. He just didn't want it completed during his tenure.

[​IMG]

Pipeline protesters and "Environmentalists" leave behind hundreds of tons of waste that contaminate watersheds:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/02/16/irony-environmentalists-protesting-pipeline-project-in-north-dakota-have-left-mountains-of-trash-and-garbage-n2285948

http://iotwreport.com/u-s-army-corps-of-engineers-significant-environmental-damage-possible-from-dakota-pipeline-protest-camps/

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Uhm dude please... that's because not the entire pipeline was an issue. Just the part that will go across the land that is special to those native americans. The other parts could be constructed just as fine back then as Obama was willing to go around the land this issue is about. Trump changed that

10. 6-eyed shaman

^ Sure, whatever you say bud.

The entire pipeline was a controversy to everybody who lived along the route it went through.

There was a similar controversy with the Alaska pipeline. While congress was busy putting on its theatrical performance to vote and debate on the matter, construction was already underway. The pipeline was gonna get built regardless. Certain politicians had to pretend they were against the project. My folks were living in Alaska at the time to see behind the scenes.

11. Asmodean

Yes nobody is arguing that. 6eyed is trying to make that sound dubious but as i pointed out that was the part of the pipeline no one had an issue with to begin with... so nothing weird or dubious that the construction of it started during Obama's presidency. Carry on.

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Within the first paragraph of the first link (and where I stopped reading): "we won." Lol where do u come up with these sources anyways, what is the writer winning anyways. Trump is winning because he is monetarily invested in the pipeline (Congress really needs to get to work on passing conflict of interest laws that apply to the president) but I have no idea what a right wing blogger could win from a pipeline that will pipe oil to be sold to China.

Anywho, the Sioux tribe cleaned up the mess left behind by people who fled when the Dakota winter set in. This is one of the reasons they eventually asked people to leave, and they also sent a memo out requesting that if people come they be respectful and keep the place clean and take it all out with them and apparently a lot of people didnt listen.

Asmo is right, this was never about environmental activists who left trash behind and it was never about the environment on a grand scale. It was about indigenous rights. The pipeline doesnt go directly on their land but if it leaks it will destroy their only water supply. I love when people pretend pipelines are 100% safe and never leak. Pipelines leak all the time

1 person likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

Lots of people had an issue with this being built. Much more than the tribal council alone.

And yes I agree there's nothing weird about it being started during Obama. They just wanna downplay that part for publicity purposes. Obama can't look bad for their environmentalist voter base. So they institute NIMTOO strategies so the next president could take the burden of it. Both parties dangle from the puppet strings of the oil giants. Besides, Canada's Justin Trudeau approved the pipeline too, and his policies make Obama look like an alt-righter

14. 6-eyed shaman

The Sioux cleaned it up? Because last time I checked it was the Army Corps of Engineers cleaned it up at the expense over a million in taxpayer dollars. https://www.usnews.com/news/north-dakota/articles/2017-02-25/final-cleanup-begins-on-dakota-access-pipeline-protest-camp

It's not about the environment? How so? No pipeline on earth can get built without a protest or a controversy. The environmentalist protestors polluted the same Cannonball River they were trying to protect.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The first sentence of the link you posted says the army corps of engineers moved in to finish the clean up the Sioux tribe started weeks prior.

I mean obviously any controversy surrounding oil and fossil fuels and their environmental impact is an environmental issue, but this one specifically was about the environmental impact of a pipeline on an indigenous tribe's water source and is therefore an indigenous rights issue.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Wait!

They said it wasn't gonna leak.

18. soulcompromise

Uh huh...

19. soulcompromise

It leaked about 300,000 gallons.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

awe poop looks like there wont be any gasoline tomorrow.. :(

21. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The pipeline travels through Red States.