Roman Catholics And Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by ProudAtheist32490, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ProudAtheist32490

ProudAtheist32490 Member

So just wondering: How do Roman Catholics view homosexuality?? Do they consider it a sin where you are damned to Hell for life?? Or do they accept it as a legitimate relationship to have with another person???

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Catholic Church And It's Boarding Schools Have Been A Hot Bed For Homosexuality

Since The Beginning Of Time.......But Shhhhh......They Want To Keep A Secret...... :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Ask a Catholic priest who buttfucks little boys.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Catholic priests are pedophiles

tee hee hee

so who's next to make their version of that generic statement

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

last i heard, you don't go to hell while you're alive.

in my experience, catholics are individuals, and thus each have their own beliefs. most that i've spoken with on homosexuality have no problem with it, although i think the official church position is still that it's not cool.

the official church position is also that everyone sins, so committing one sin shouldn't be an instant damnation.

2 people like this.
  6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

All I can do is offer my personal experience on the topic.

I grew up in an Irish-Catholic family in New Hampshire.

My ex, with whom I was with for over a decade, had grown up in a Hispanic-Catholic family in New Mexico.

What I didn't know was that there was actually a huge split in the Catholic Church. The Spanish Catholics in America practice a more archaic and literal version of Catholicism, while in the Northeast, the practices had modernized. I don't recall the exact subject, but I remember my girlfriend talking to my grandmother about her church experiences, and what she was taught, etc. And my grandmother mentioned that that was what she was also taught--in the 1930s! And she was amazed that those same beliefs were being taught in 2003. So, where the Catholic Church was 80 years ago on the East Coast, is apparently where it is today in the West. I'm not trying to generalize here; again, just offering my personal experience.

Homosexuality was never addressed in church when I was growing up. It may have been an ostrich-head-in-the-sand situation; I don't know. What I do know is that my family was much more accepting and comfortable with my girlfriend and I and our life together than her family ever was. Was that a result of personal choices or a difference in Catholic doctrine? I don't know for sure.

But ultimately, the Catholic Church in its infinite wisdom, has said we are all sinners and all born sinners and we can never progress from that (unless we dedicate our lives to Christ and the Church, of course). So, without sinners the Catholic Church has no reason to exist. So, I like to think they loooooove us...

4 people like this.
  7. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

If there aren't one or more priests involved, it's a sin. If there's a priest involved it's a peccadillo.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

you're going to hell - makes that blow job extra delicious

this cock jesus has more quality than all your transubstaniation - you mthras poseur

1 person likes this.
  9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Is this a POV question?

10. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Not many people know about Mithras

I worship at the Temple of Baal, myself.

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The official church stance is that it is not a sin to be homosexual...however, one must remain celibate. The church's rationale is that only a man and woman can marry, sex outside marriage is a sin, therefore homosexuals can neither marry nor have sex.

1 person likes this.
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why can't they marry the opposite sex?

13. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

That's the kind of thing that used to be commonplace - gay men marrying women to cloak their sexuality and get respectability. Poor girls.

Probably in some places that still goes on. But it's really very dishonest.

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I assumed that a homosexual would have no interest in marriage with a member of the opposite sex.

15. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

I'm not a catholic, but I assume things are pretty much same as they were in the middle ages. Just watch The Name of the Rose :smoking:

[​IMG]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-yYJgpQ-CE[/media]

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOLz

Yes, poor "girls", stuck being married to guys that dont get sulky because they dont get blowjobs off them all the time

1 person likes this.
  17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Grew up Catholic-- it was proselytized that it was a mortal sin to act on homosexual feelings, and such actions prevented one from entering Heaven.

18. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I don't know what Catholics believe but I know what the Bible says

19. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

As far as I can tell, the RCC views it as a ''disorder,'' but only if you act upon it. Like, the RCC teaches that being a homosexual isn't intrinsically ''bad,'' only if you act upon it. So the acts would be considered sinful. As a former Christian, I've always wondered why so many Christians in general, get hung up on homosexuality, when the Bible talks about heterosexual sexual sin, that it's ''sinful'' to have sex outside of marriage, etc. But, homosexuality seems to be the one most focused on, when sexual sin comes up.

This is an interesting Catholic perception, though.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/life-and-family/homosexuality/what-the-church-teaches-about-homosexual-inclinations/

20. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't know if it is too late to enter the discussion. But I got the RC catechism, about 15-20 years ago. And we did discuss it briefly at the Catholic high school I went to.

Homosexuals are actually MORE likely to get to heaven, if they remain celibate. Poverty, Chastity and Obedience are the three supererogatory acts, that some people voluntarily take, that pretty much guarantee you access to heaven.

I should tell you all, though, I went to hs in the 80's, by which time much had changed, in the country and church (despite the Church's claim it never changes ;) ).