Al Gore's Prediction Comes True

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

He might be controversial but he won't stop trying to save the planet and the human race.

http://www.ecowatch.com/gore-sequel-truth-to-power-2209223662.html

2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

When money and the gun do all the talking worth listening to right this moment the rest of the world can fall apart for all anyone cares. The same thing happened in the great dust-bowl where progressives argued for decades and offered to show farmers easy ways to prevent the problem only to have them laugh in their faces. Until Americans are faced with catastrophe they simply refuse to be moved but, thankfully, we're pretty good a rising to the occasion and, hopefully, will be prepared when the time comes to do what needs to be done.

3. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

yes he is doing his part. :). What was really shocking is clicking the link and seeing al gore with blonde hair and possibly face filler too.

TBH, I have just about given up and lost hope.

4. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

I don't think it's time to give up yet. There is mounting evidence that we are experiencing anthropocentric global warming.

Read this article.....

"Think global warming's a fraud? These scientists want to change your mind"

Monday Posted at 6:00 AM Updated at 6:00 AM

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170123/think-global-warmings-fraud-these-scientists-want-to-change-your-mind

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I have come to the conclusion that global warming is caused by manmade CO2 emissions,after looking at the alternative evidence that it is a result of natural cycles of the Earth.

However I am very dubious that there will be any concerted practical effort that will be successful in countering this.The technology is there to do this,but I don't see it being used quickly enough to avert environmental catastrophe.

Therefore I think we will have to prepare for the worst.Effects are there to be seen now.Within the next 50 to 100 years the shit will really start to hit the fan.It will be like a mad scramble to the top for mankind.A metaphorical Titanic.The ship is sinking.Many will perish.Some will survive.But it should take a reasonable amount of time,so we will have to accommodate it with survival techniques and insulate against the worst effects.

I hope I'm wrong.

2 people like this.
  6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

ok here is my problem with al gore.
    he lost to bush...understandable because people were tired of the clinton run (sound familiar?)
    but then he comes out with that movie and he becomes loved by all the lefties and then some. people started talking about how something has to be done.
    Al was more popular after that movie than he was in 8 years as a VP.
    he could have ran for president...who was in his way? an unknown guy from chicago who had the middle name Hussein? getting the democratic nominee would have been a slam dunk with his experience and name recognition and platform.
    and after how bad bush fucked up he would have easily got the presidency being most of america was tired of how the way things were going in the middle east.
    so 8 years ago gore could have gone in to office and made some actual change...some real good things to help slow global warming/climate change, whatever you want to call it.
    instead what does he do? all talk no action.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

If Al Gore practiced what he preached, he wouldn't have been jet setting around the world at the same time he was spreading his doomsday message about humans causing global warming.

8. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Maybe man-made climate change is real, and maybe it is not. Regardless, it's too broad a concept for individuals to embrace on their own. Which is why the issue is being forced down our throats. It should be dialed back to something more personal, something any person can readily deal with, pollution. Pollution is something that is easily demonstrated. The effects of a 1C rise in ocean temperature cannot be so readily demonstrated.

We see so many issues today boiled down into snappy slogans and rhyming protest chants, but climate change is not one of them. It doesn't lend itself to this kind of understanding. I'd bet that more people will get involved with pollution issues than trying to beat the "truth" about climate change into "non-believers". All that happens with the current measures is alienation. You can talk more people into cleaning a creek than protesting at a freon plant.

9. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Right, and what about that massive house in Tennessee?

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

With no one in charge that cares about this now, I am very depressed.....People are going to do what they want to themselvess and this planet, it seems...but what about the innocent victims....?...including the animals....It causes me great worry and fear and sadness.

11. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Fuck Al Gore and his indigenous tribe genociding shares in Occidental

12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

HRC. The party doesn't like to field more than one insider

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So what's the prediction that came true?

Is NYC currently underwater, is it?

2 people like this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It's called evolution, shit happens, things change, species adapt.

No one is ever going to change that.

You want to try and change it, at least make sure your cause is going to have the desired effect.

Just because something feels goody two shoes in the short term doesn't mean it won't have a negative effect in the long term.

You put recycling bins everywhere, everyone gets it in their head it doesn't matter how much plastic packaging they buy, it will just all get recycled, they all and up buying more per capita per year than if you hadn't put the recycling bins everywhere in the first place.

Why the fuck isn't Al Gore at least living in some self sustaining zero footprint commune somewhere?

15. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The DNC would have to know AL had a better chance and ask her to step down. If not let them go to debate and let the best liar be the nominee. I think AL would have beat her....hell, Obama beat her.
    Even trump beat her.
    She is a joke anywhere outside of libtard central.

17. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Let's be perfectly clear about something...once and for all...I have never felt goody two shoes about anything.....NOTHING!
    That is on you.
    I was born with a nature that cares about all living things....and that will never change....

18. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

[​IMG]
    The advice to ignore rather than engage with a troll is sometimes phrased as "Please do not feed the trolls."

1 person likes this.
  19. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

I know you can read, so it was explained in the first part of the article.

20. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I don't know about that. I try to keep an open mind about such things. Which is why I have no problem letting people walk around wearing confederate flags or swastikas. It makes them so much easier to spot.