Pictures From Women’S Marches Around The World

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 21, 2017.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I think I saw you on the news too, with a dildo strapped to your forehead and a white knight shirt on.

1 person likes this.
  2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I wanted to go to the one in Miami but my girlfriend was feeling sick so I wanted to stay with her. I saw some of the photos and it gives me hope. The gatherings all over the country were massive!

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I didn’t attend the rally per se I just couldn’t avoid it while walking around downtown Boston.

200,000 people on Boston Common standing shoulder to shoulder and spilling out onto the streets. Traffic was at a virtual standstill although they did make room for the emergency vehicles to pass

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

patriots vs packers super bowl??

1 person likes this.
  5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

These protests are making my anus tingle immensely. I just may give in and for real go to one.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

That reminds me of that #ShoutYourAbortion thing :-/
    But yeah, total support of abortion is the one thing that is stopping me from attending these women's rights events.
    Last year there was a March for Life here, a pro-life thing.
    Even the media treated it disgustingly, and in a vulgar manner.

1 person likes this.
  7. morrow

morrow Visitor

Now I see it!!!

8. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

1 person likes this.
  9. WOLF ANGEL

10. WOLF ANGEL

- Not all boys are disrespectful to the Subject matter - moreover - it is a sad indictment on those who do so, of their calibre of conscience, along with a lack awareness of civil and individual right to freedom of expression and equality

1 person likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, on a more serious note then

Madonna opened her mouth again.

Gawd, if I was the proud owner of a uterus I wouldnt want that weirdo speaking on my behalf

All the other gals, good on them

12. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Right, where's the "tolerance" for different views? All we seem to get these days is "my way or the highway" kind of thinking.

13. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I remember this from the 60s. Mom was trying to run a commune out of a 2BR house in Novato and most of the "guests" were guys. I remember very clearly how they bragged about hitching to Berkeley for the war protests because it was a "great way to pick up chicks". That sentiment sticks in my mind to this day and I wonder as I see these mass gatherings just how many are there for every possible reason aside from what's supposed to be the "cause".

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont want to get into it, really

But I will at least say tolerance and respect does work both ways

I made the mistake of clicking on the comment section of an article about the march last night, and it was filled with people screaming that abortion is murder and people who attended the marches support murder or are murderers

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I dunno, I haven't seen many pro-life comments here.
    If someone is anti-abortion, they usually get ridiculed, and in a very hateful manner.
    So I think they left the comment sections, stay silent, and do their thing lol.

Edit: Here not meaning here on HF, but where I live and the media

1 person likes this.
  16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Pro-life is generally equated with anti-women, especially by the press. I am pro-choice myself, for reasons that I won't go into here. But most of my family members (and I'm from a LARGE Catholic family) are pro-life, the women included; they are some of the strongest, most intelligent and outspoken people I've ever known and I have nothing but respect for them despite our disagreement on abortion. Indeed, I owe them a lot...they pretty much raised me after my mom died.

I don't get all the hatred and ridicule either. Instead we should be cooperating on the many problems we all share, and intelligently debating the issues we disagree on.

I'm trying to get in touch with my friend Adrienne...she's big on human right issues in Boise, ID, my former home. It looks from the Idaho Statesman that there was a decent showing in Boise despite the weather, and I'd almost guarantee she was involved in the rally somehow. :)

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article127913309.html

1 person likes this.
  17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

What a fantastic outpouring of concern for the next four years!

I applaud the many men, women, and children who turned out throughout the world to express their solidarity.
    The only problem I have is that which was expressed by many marchers and commentators...that we didn't have this amount of participation in the election.

To paraphrase Isoroku Yamamoto:

I hope all Trump has done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill it with a terrible resolve.

To those of you constantly post about how the government doesn't belong to the people, how it's corrupt, how it's taking away individual freedoms, how the people no longer have a voice...I would think you would support a group of people who use their Constitutional right to peacefully protest what they feel are injustices.

But what do I know?

1 person likes this.
  18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

plenty of stories here about border guards not letting canadians enter if they admitted plans to attend those rallies

thats a great idea to not let in disturbers...especially from other countries

it appears the border patrol are actually starting to take their job seriously

19. WOLF ANGEL