Inauguration Day: Trump To Become America's 45Th President

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

your highway system

seriously..your roads are awesome compared to most countries..its almost like there was plans and thought put into them

4 people like this.
  2. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

Does that make "America Great" though?

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

In case you haven't been paying attention, the American people no longer wish to be liberated and have surrendered their constitutional rights and even their privacy with hardly a complaint. More likely, they will welcome the first dictator for life who returns from a glorious victory against Islam and marches the army right into D.C. Then you can celebrate all you want as Nero plays the fiddle and watches Rome burn, after destroying the world economy and starting WWIII.

4. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

I know this country could be worse, but it could be sooooooo much better.
    Nowhere else has this many cultures intermingling, yet everyone that isn't a white, christian is suppressed

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Of course not. That's why we need someone to make it great again.

6. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Its empire baby, and this train ain't stopping until she derails. Rome eventually broke into two when the western half became so bloated and corrupt it could no longer control the eastern half it relied upon to sustain itself. Notably, Rome crucified Christ and fed the Christians to the lions, only to later become the first Christian nation. The irony and slapstick is getting so lowbrow the comedians keep complaining they can't compete with reality and have too much material to work with.

Rome was also considered one of the better empires for its day. Not nearly as vicious as the Mongols and others.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I see your thinking here....and I wonder....would Bernie up for the task in 4 years? I do not see any others like Bernie around. There is only one Bernie....
    How old is he? Bernie, take care of yourself...go on a health food diet for 4 years....get plenty of exercise and sleep and water.....We want you yet!
    I was out with the dogs tonight and felt FDR'S essence as i sometimes do.....I spoke to him.....He said it would be all right....well, that is what it felt like he was saying. I put in a HELP to him.....FDR...that is....When Bernie was here, he spoke highly of FDR last year.

8. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

Great again? When were we that great?

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

My grandparents said when they got married.

10. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

I'd bet they are white, christians. Imagine being black, latino, asian, middle eastern, or (worst off of all) native americans

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Bernie could be 100 years old and on life support and still be a better option than Trump lol.

2 people like this.
  12. TimeTurner037

TimeTurner037 Banned

Inspiring speech. uses the word "I" three times, it's not about him, it's about us the people, never been more excited to be living in america.

And trump personally wrote this speech and has been saying the same things in his personally financed campaign for months. Politicians do make empty promises, but maybe we all forgot. He's not a politician.

1 person likes this.
  13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am imagining being will Smith America was great 15 years ago.
    I am imagining being Charles Wang America was great 30 years ago.
    I am imagining being George Lopez America was great 15 years ago
    I am imagining being middle eastern and wondering how the fuck I got into America because this isn't the middle east.

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Bernie was great,just like our Jeremy Corbyn,(UK Labour party leader) but the majority in both nations don't seem to want a left-winger in charge.I don't see that changing any time soon.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh yes its so inspiring how he makes anti establishment speeches while loading his cabinet with the establishment.

3 people like this.
  16. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People can say anything and do...it is what they do that matters.....and I am watching and will be.....along with everyone else.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yes but they are not the Washington political establishment.They seem to be the business establishment.They might be able to get some things done,but I understand these are not things a Hell of a lot of people want to get done.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

They just cut out the middleman

1 person likes this.
  19. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Over a hundred people arrested in DC so far. They even torched a limousine in front of the Washington Post, of all places. It's pretty clear they are only using the inauguration as an excuse to be destructive. They know it won't mean a thing in the morning, except for the ones who wake up in jail. I have a feeling these "peaceful" riots disguised as "protests" are not going to be happening as frequently as we have seen in the past few years. One point though, the District of Columbia is not a state, it's a federal district. I wonder if that means the arrests will result in federal charges?

Odd that we didn't see riots and protests after Obama was elected. Only a few disconnected groups of whiners. No marches, no bricks thrown at cops, no looting. Seems we're at a cultural impasse now. Where is the middle ground?

20. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

These people are the extremely lucky ones.

And I can imagine being middle eastern, trying to escape the war zone that used to be my home

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.