So I Walk Into This Bar.....

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by Openmind693, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

This IS pure bull. I walk into a bar and notice there are a dozen chauvinist men drinking. I soon notice that everyone else in the bar are cowtowing to these totally sleepwalkers like they own the bar, and set the rules. Women are just chattle, to be put in their place and shagged when the macho men feel the urge. They think they have power and can tell you "the way it really is." Like little school boys who are bullying everyone to their will. But, I choose to stay, because I don't fit in with their self aggradizment. I is only when they see that I can REALLY play the guitar, that the head macho man comes over to me, and says "that guy up there would sound like shit if you weren't up there playing." What a compliment!!! Geeez. It took 6 months for enough people to open their eyes to the dumb ass control these little BIG MEN had over the goings on in the bar. But they really had no power. It was all just super male bonding, and a bad attitude. I think I'll stick around this forum also.

[​IMG]

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if i ever walked into a bar, it probably would be pure bull if i did. though i suppose there were a couple of times when i was working for the railroad that i cashed my check in one.
    (didn't spend it there either. just enough to make them not feel bad.)

never could understand the attraction of the smell of stale booze, barf and tobacco smoke.
    now there's brewpubs in portland where the had to sell food too, and it was good, plentiful and inexpensive,
    and pubs in victoria where the hosts are a commidy team and put on a good show while serving brews at the same time.

i've not been to europe or japan, where i imagine each place would have its own unique character.

if i walked into a bar, i'd want to see tenuki's enjoying themselves, and the occasional four of five tailed kitsuni too.
    even unicorns and draggons, BEFORE i were to consume what i don't see much point in consuming.

alien space pirates making quiet deals in the anechoic booths along the wall, or playing 3d chess and trading sketchbooks
    at the tables in the middle of the room, and a band like fox and pepper's or the whistle binkies.