January 20---Wear A Keffiyeh In Protest Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mountain Valley Wolf, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And look where all that comedy got the Phillipines - 3600 slaughtered in the first 100 days of Duterte's presidency and i'm sure the count is higher now.

2 people like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Some people here as well these days. The curious thing is like 50 years a go and certainly before it was very common here to see women wearing a headscarf. They seem to have gone out of fashion but it used to be so normal here. Now you can't wear one in a crowded city without some dumbass connecting some unnneccesary conclusion to it. Well have to say: if the fabric looks 'dutch' enough I expect the chance is low that a lot of people will perceive it as something 'muslim'. But still, headscarfs used be so common here! It is so silly how some people developed an intolerance for them.

1 person likes this.
  3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Your comment about self righteous Christians...I agree but I didn't see anyone saying "hey everyone wear a cross" when Obama was elected.

Your comment about trump being racist...he helped more minorities than he hurt. In fact I would say he is not at all racist except by definition and some comments that he made like "blacks what do you have to lose" although there is truth in that. Obama didn't get any great jobs in the inner city hillary sure as hell wasn't going to despite her pathetic pandering.

You know what I do when I see a bad business man. I don't do business with him. So either the people you speak of are stupid or trump isn't as bad as you say.

4. Asmodean

I also doubt how racist Trump actually is. He's clearly an opportunistic business man though and takng into consideration what he said and done already I don't find it unlikely he would (ab)use racial/ethnic issues simply for his own benefit. That's why such a protest would make sense: to show people will not let such things slide.

I think the example that he said something like no immigrant with the islamic religion can come in anymore says enough. Not about him being an inherently racist person, but it is also a form of pandering. He knows it is about against the ground principles of the nation to exclude people based on their religious beliefs/affiliation but he also knew too many people are clueless and scared shitless about anything muslim and they would love such a retarded statement.

1 person likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

People didnt wear a cross when Obama was elected because 1) he's a christian and 2) he didnt threaten to create a christian registery

sigh

1 person likes this.
  6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

All I want to address here is about dt and his business "acumen"...years ago my brother-in-law worked at a bank and of course had heard about Trump and was impressed with his billions and such, which if you knew him, you would know mega money would definitely impress him. At any rate, a regular customer came to the BIL at work with a check for $250K from dt. The BIL was all excited and asked this successful building contractor if he received the check directly from "The Man" himself, or in the mail...and did this contractor actually know him.

Well...(even back then) this successful contractor related that he was actually owned 1 mil and dt is a cheap ass sob and he would NEVER do business with him again....because he lied about the work that was done to get out of paying the amount due. dt (I REFUSE to capitalize his initials or his name) actually took this man to court and because he had a legion of lawyers compared to the 2 for the contractor...all that was awarded the contractor was 1/4 of what was due him. I know this is a true story...granted I totally expect this to be regarded as "anecdotal evidence" and I don't give a damn. I know its true. He has a horrible reputation of not paying his debts and then suing for any kind of reason not to pay what he should. So...in my mind he is not only a bad business man, he is a cheat and liar.

And as far as this particular story goes (it was in Texas), the contractor said he would never do business with that sob again...and all of the people in the contracting business knew he did excellent work, and as a result nobody else (with a good rep) would work for dt in that state - that he knew of. As it stood, because of the lawsuit and having to do extra stuff for dt's demanding ass, this contractor said he lost at least 1 mil.

You speak of not knowing that he is a bad business man. He has filed for bankruptcy either 4 or 6 times. According to where you look, it varies between those 2 numbers. Of course you MUST know of his father giving him a "little" loan of a mil, and him losing that...so...please tell me why in the world you think he is a good business man.

2 people like this.
  7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I heard Obama say once he was not religious at all.....but protocal made him say God Bless America, ect.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No I am saying why would anyone do business with him if there are cases like the one you mentioned.

9. Moonglow181

Yes, much of upstate New York is rednec hill billy mentality....gossiping towns galore...full of Republicans. Cooperstown is one such place. Plenty of hunters in upstate NY also. It is not so bad where I am now...as there are many universities here and progressive thinkers.....and the Culinary Instittute and i don't have to deal with too many typical upstate New Yorker mentalities where I am now.
    NYC makes NY a blue state. Thank GHOD for that!

10. Moonglow181

He is the big school yard bully ready to whip anyone's A**. that was the appeal for many people, I think.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Because other people are opportunistic too. Next thing you gonna ask is why do people work for him?

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

If I went a couple weeks without being paid I wouldn't be working for him.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

I can't see myself in that position either, even if he offered me an outrageous wage. We both know other people would.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Also I would only lose between 600 and 1200 dollars. Worst case scenario.
    The biggest transactions I have made were 20k and 60k. And I did my research. If I came across a story like Lynn described I can guarantee I would not deal with that person.

15. Moonglow181

I liked the wearing a sombrero idea while eating tacos. I cannot find that post now...maybe I will go dig out my authentic Mexican album for that day and blast it on my stereo....My stereo can blast for a few miles....:D

1 person likes this.
  16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Moony. It was on the page before this one.
    Lots of good Mexican restaurants around here. Not a single good Asian one.

2 people like this.
  17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwin2PfVlsLRAhXFKiYKHRYeDnkQFggtMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motherjones.com%2Fpolitics%2F2016%2F03%2Fnot-comprehensive-history-trump-business-deals-gone-wrong&usg=AFQjCNEJBGXAqA7KhjDaE5R8PaU_pEGd3Q

This is a link to a good (longish) article by Mother Jones about what it is like to sue dt . In it, you can see there are LOTS of people that have been/were bamboozled by him to do "business" with him...people that genuinely thought since he was such a great businessman there should be no problem working for him!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwin2PfVlsLRAhXFKiYKHRYeDnkQFggnMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Felections%2F2016%2F06%2F09%2Fdonald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits%2F85297274%2F&usg=AFQjCNHqx9Ia0aVTvqChIcVjsb0NVeXrjQ

This next article is by USA Today talking about the hundreds saying he doesn't pay BUT they most certainly thought he would! It seems he tends to not want to pay people that build things (contractors and subcontractors) and fix things for him.

But to get back to your question...I think people think since he really is wealthy (1% wealthy), they just can't imagine he'll do them that way. I know that feeling - not from him, of course, but in life - knowing how someone is, but at the same time thinking and "just knowing" they wouldn't do me like that. lol jokes on me. :p

I also think he is so very diversified that sometimes people didn't even realize who they were doing business with. Word is getting out though.

You notice there has been quite the problem getting a single "A List" musician to perform at his inauguration...unless you count the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as A List. I will say they are fantastic, even though they aren't what one would consider "A List".

2 people like this.
  18. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

What makes Islam so great anyway? And why do we need to coddle them so much?

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

check out theync website

they release lots of their "religious" videos there

everyone should check out isis videos...see what the real world is like

1 person likes this.