Only 160 K Raised

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by MorphGirl, Jan 10, 2017.

1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I guess that means there's not much sympathy/guilt.

Or it could mean it's January and everybody's broke.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I support eyesite foundations but I get very touchy will all these charities. You donate to one charity and the next charity don't care, they want money for their own cause. And if you do the next week some other charity wants money. They don't care if I spend 100€ they think well you can spend 100€ on our cause too.

No thanks. I give enough money to we foundations. :) I give a "hoot" about eyesite, and get my owl pin every year.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

cute, my home boy lost his baby infant in a fire all gofuckme raised was 18k..
    wiggertard goes willingly with the nignogs and hits the wiggertard lottery.. good for him.

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Should we as a society /have/ to donate? Why do we feel compelled to do so, I mean other than the fact if we don't nothing happens? Why is it up to us to lend money we earned to a facility, or organization etc? And then when they don't get as much as they want, society as a whole is judged?

I don't think that's right.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I usually dont donate to highly publicized crowd sourced charities like this because the money will be raised with or without me. would rather save my money for a cause like your friend, which isnt going to get as much publicity or raise as much money.

Also i dont really like to donate money for medical bills because i owe 5k in medical bills myself and so i cant really pay others' medical bills, gotta pay my own off

But i do usually feel compelled to donate for funeral expenses or house fires or any situation where people lose something so important it cant be replaced, stuff like that kills me

I am glad so much money was raised for this guy though and he wont have money struggles. People can be very kind and giving and that gives me hope for humanity

7. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Well I look at it like this... trump certainly made it a platform, why isn't he helping? BLM has used it too for hits ... for clicks. For publicity... etc... You don't have to give, up to people what they do. I am surprised with the outcry regarding this, that those 10s of thousands that tweeted and put Facebook things didn't even send a card.. or spare a dollar Your tube videos ..... news stations as well... networks. Facebook...They are profiting from the crime.

136 million in the USA and only say 3500 Americans spared 5 or 10 dollars. And I know it is January, Christmas just passed... money is short... understood,

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh.

These two things certainly help me lose interest in a thread quick smart.

"Trump..."
    "BLM...."

2 people like this.
  9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

10. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Nah I am not giving there. If we can't feed our own country or continent I am not giving to another country. The world is overpopulated as is. Something has got to give. The well has run dry. Animals are killed to make room for humans. Oceans are being raped of fish. The ocean floors in areas that were considered the riches fishing grounds in the world .. the ocean floor is a desert. It is raked and when they catch what they were not suppose to they say ooops... it is bycatch, and sell at the dock to locals when they come into port. Size of fish doesn't matter, they take it all. People in these areas can no longer go fishing for their own families because foreign fleets come in and rape th ocean. Provinces and areas which are poor in my country are denied a livelihood or even a means to feed their own family.

People are going to die. I can't save the world and lucky to help a neighbour or one person in a small way. Maybe make a difference in my neighbours life, who is struggling because of medical problems in his family and trying to look after a family of sick people. Losing their home, etc..

Poverty exists on this continent.. you just don't see it because commercials are not made about it. Poverty is a problen that brings crime.. addiction.. if you want things to improve in your own country you have to feed your own people within it first. Educate them. Keep them healthy. Have you been on a reserve? Our health care is going belly up. Mismanaged tax payers dollars. Have you been to poor areas within North America? I mean really poor areas, not housing projects.. places where people/children go out looking for food. Going to school hungry.

http://www.canadianfeedthechildren.ca/where/canada/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAzNfDBRD2xKrO4pSnnOkBEiQAbzzeQY9dJWL101Mn2B03x3rWFGo4xM0Il9s8pU8L7hFz_qUaAgLW8P8HAQ

This is a good program too

http://www.breakfastclubcanada.org/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAzNfDBRD2xKrO4pSnnOkBEiQAbzzeQdPlG2ChhTLyzZ4XS_RZTzdi8I4n5fYyG9ijE77acZoaAgTQ8P8HAQ

Probably something similar in the USA

And I would rather give anon directly to a family Like Austin, https://www.gofundme.com/lets-show-the-chicago-victim-love who needs it than to a corporation that takes 99 parent of it for admin.

11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I'm the same way, I tend to only give to smaller, less publicized, more local things. There was a guy who I had worked with briefly on a political campaign a couple of years ago who killed himself recently, so I gave some money to the gofundme for his wife to help with funeral expenses, etc.

The fact that so many people south of the border owe medical debt always makes me so upset. Our medical system here isn't perfect, but at least we don't have to avoid going to the doctor because it might bankrupt us... fuck.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The really sad part is I incurred my medical debt while I had insurance. Most plans are moving towards higher deductibles, essentially rendering insurance nothing but a scam except in the case of catastrophic illness.

I envy your health system.

But i was also wondering if the guy in question had Medicaid or maybe even Medicare (typically for ages 65+ but disabled people can qualify earlier).

I wonder if whoever started the fundraiser bothered to check before raising all that money for medical expenses