Releasing Your Ego.

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by lopenator, Jan 10, 2017.

1. lopenator

lopenator Member

I'm looking for a little insight on this topic. I'm trying to discover way to further my experience with being free from all evil natures. Envy, egotistical behaviour, greed lust etc. What is everyone's method for progression on this idea? I posted this in yoga because yoga is a huge part for me.

2. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

consider the buddhist tantras where the poisons of the nature become truths - you cannot dig into dirt for something else - consider planting vegetables

1 person likes this.
  3. lopenator

lopenator Member

Thank you for your input. It truly is greatly appreciated!

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

One thing I've found is that sometimes it's better to just let things go and say nothing in situations where without the wish to get free of the dictatorial nature of the ego, you might react in an egotistical way. It's not at all easy. I mean things like when a person says something that causes you to want to react in a negative way - to try to simply smile and say nothing. It's a question of overcoming immediate reactions to things. But there's something in everyone that can do that.

Also, a lot of us are divided against ourselves. Part of us wants to try to attain to something better like you allude to, free of all those negative things, but part of us wants to simply carry on.
    I think it takes time - you just have to do what you can. Any genuine kind of spirituality is very helpful, and just to resolve to try to do what you can.

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

dig on ego, not dig it out - except for trump

6. WhiteDandelion

WhiteDandelion Members

The Ego consists of "patches" of consciousness that possess a certain degree of self-awareness, and whose basic mission is self-preservation. Тo succeed in this, the patches of the Ego intercept all the impulses of the person in whose auras they reside, identify with them, and stimulate them in order for the person to generate the energy needed by the Ego-patches of consciousness.

Since the Ego is invisible and its patches are located in the 12 layers of the aura, the only way to erase them is through some type of non-Ego meditation, which will allow the Soul of the meditator to gradually erase the "patches" of the Ego from the aura.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Welcome to Samsara. What's helped me most with "evil natures" has been zazen and Precept practice.
    May peace be with you.

"Just practice good, do good for others, without thinking of making yourself known so that you may gain reward. Really bring benefit to others, gaining nothing for yourself. This is the primary requisite for breaking free of attachments to the Self."
    Eihei Dōgen zengi

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

releasing your ego is rather inevitable...

1) drop acid
    2) laugh
    3) ...
    4) ego fail. :rolleyes:

:D

5) smoke pot