Miss Helsinki 2017

Discussion in 'People' started by Piaf, Jan 10, 2017.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I did some brief research on this competition, to my surprise she's not even Finnish...
    I guess she was born in Nigeria, maybe she has ties to Boko Haram and threatened a hit on the judges.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

yuck. chick on her left is a lot more pretty imo.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

She is not attractive at all to me. But personally I don't find black women attractive anyway. Even people like Beyonce which is supposed to the African Queen ideal look I don't like.

But my feeling is that some people in here are bothered not because of the lack of beauty but other racial and cultural reasons that have been agitated in the past few years which is sad. To me it's a nice gesture of showing what a "European" can be. I am not from Europe so some might say I can not have an opinion on this but oh well. We are all people.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I tried to look her up to find out more about her and see if she had any special talent or intellect or something to put her over the edge over the other girls

But the first couple of pages of the google search werent in english, except for a white supremacy forum lol. I only knew it was a white supremacy forum because someone just mentioned the forum in another thread here. Apparantly white supremacists are super ticked about this

But anyways, i still know nothing about her. What was her talent?

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Her talent is being able to win a beauty pageant while black in Finland.

1 person likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You go girl. You do you, boo

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

:rofl:

:D [​IMG]

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They feel threatened and find it offensive that a woman like that won a national beauty contest in 'such a white' country. According to them it just shouldn't be that way!

I find it hilarious that the people who take issue with this miss winning that finnish contest are not even trying to answer their own questions. It says more about them than anybody else. No need to look into all that! We're certain she's picked for the wrong reasons. Why? By who? We don't care! Can't possibly matter anyway.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like her face but I don't like the crown. She's pretty in her own way. Very exotic! :)

10. Asmodean

PC rubbish. Go wash your mouth.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't know the quality of sources, but apparently people are asking these types of questions and the competition committee isn't speaking. So according to those sources they are trying to get answers.

12. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Looks like this ain't the first time they selected a black woman. There was also a foreign black woman as Miss Helsinki in 2013. No need to tell who of those she is. So, they sure seem to have their reason for doing so... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

That's the same one.

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Wow those two tall blondes are veeery pretty!!

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Olive from Little Miss Sunshine should have competed...she's not Finnish either, as far as I know. And she has a great dance routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjhhNtW8JY

16. Asmodean

That's sad that they don't give insight in what made the decision, but it doesn't say everything of course. I was talking mainly about the people here btw who are quick to assert with certainty it has to be a pc decision but seemingly didn't spend any time or word on figuring out who or why this winner was selected. They just assumed because it has to be so right (esp in this day and age!). After all it is a black woman in a finnish contest omg.
    And it is not like a miss contest doesn't have any PC elements in the first place already. Everybody with a brain knows they're supposed to state a cliché summary about 'their ideals' only to make the beauty contest less superficial. Like it is about the full picture. Do you believe that? Does OP? No but when does she starts to care or notice? When a black woman without the 'classic' nose or right hair (or whatever it is that makes her ugly in OP's eyes) wins the finnish miss contest :p

17. Asmodean

So if these are the competitors of this year I would go (based solely on this pic) with the 2 on the far right and nr. 4 and 5 from the left. Based on beauty, not attractiveness. The fact that who is the most beautiful remains subjective is also the reason why it doesn't matter a lot to disagree with the outcome of such a contest naturally. It is also why it is funny to me to make a big deal out of your disagreeance. Unless one really cares about a national miss contest or the international one... oh no wait, that's also pretty funny! I think Naomi Campbell back in the day was an excellent winner: how she pissed off so many people worldwide by asserting her pointless opinion that she is the most beautiful woman in the world :D Excellent. Some people just want to get their panties in a twist about trivial matters.

18. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I wouldn't kick any of them out of the bed in the morning...

19. Asmodean

There's such a thing as getting too hypothethical, Softkiss :-D

There can also be a subtile difference between who's the most beautiful and who's the most attractive. But I agree, they easily intertwine.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If you kicked the winner out of bed, she'd fall nose first and land like a jumping jack

21. Asmodean

I don't see how that's a given...