U.s. Tanks Roll Into Germany To Protect Against Potential Russian Invasion

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Didn't they recently piss off a lot of people for a gathering on tribal land? And aren't they known for leaving litter in their wake? Oh well, at least it's not the Tea Party!

2. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

This is a collection of useless personal jabs that serve no purpose and really don't reach me. I can't imagine being so bitter. The spelling thing was just me trolling, sorry of that wasn't obvious. It's kind of a hobby.

3. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I agree with much of what you say here. Lincoln was living in another time and couldn't have realized that a coup was just around the corner for him. I'm pretty sure that nifty bondage room in the white house basement was originally a dungeon sanctioned by Lincoln to both interrogate and punish his opposition (though he preferred to simply deport them). We should probably be thankful Trump isn't a Party of Lincoln republican, not that I really know what he is after being a democrat for so long. And he's certainly not emulating Reagan.

I do hope we won't be seeing tanks with confederate flags on them. But I do think we could see assassinations in political circles and possibly corporate roles as well. An entire coup is not necessary to bring changes.

4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The Rainbow Gatherings are actually pretty good at cleaning up after themselves and being respectful, but everybody makes mistakes.

5. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

What a laugh, the world economy is run at the point of a gun with the single largest export of the wealthiest nation, the US, being weapons. The US and NATO are the only thing creating anything resembling stability in this world using the most brutal approach imaginable and the idea of the US having "normalized" relations with a totalitarian dictator is equally hilarious. For all its flaws, at least China has stability and some sort of controlling party instead of a single strong man leadership. The same with the US where I'd rather having people in charge who only want my money and are willing to at least trade for my soul.

6. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The same reason that Hitler invaded Europe. First you conquer and scoop up the 99% of the wealth owned by the 1% including paintings, gold, stocks, bonds, and whatever you got. The Roman empire set the modern standard by then, if possible, reinvesting some of what you stole back into the country raising the standard of living for everyone else so you can tax them more. Its sort of like a franchise where what is actually important is owning the real estate and controlling the distribution of goods rather than attempting to micro-manage everything from the home office. Israel, for example, owns the Jordan river and what prevents Lebanon from invading is the simple fact they could cut off their access to water. Its a classic example of what is called a "hydraulic empire".

Westerners tend to think of war as merely people shooting at each other with guns, but when you control someone's access to food, water, and the ability to earn a living you own them body and soul. When the US cut off Japan's access to oil it was one of the reasons they attacked Pearl Harbor. Don't underestimate Turkey, they are a match for almost any European country and if Europeans demonstrate as little loyalty to each other as they did during WWII they may be tempted to take Greece which is their ancient enemy and one place the Russians might not be interested in. Certainly, they aren't above committing genocide against their own and the idea of conquering an old enemy could be really tempting.

7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

That couldn't be further from the truth. UK papers often run sensationalist headlines about refugees, or 'foreign criminals' as they like to label people. Nothing they like so much, or which sells their papers so well as hate-mongering.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Wu Li, you are not making much sense. Lose associations. What do you expect Turkey to do and why (to Europe/europeans, not the Kurds or some accused Gülen supporters) that would match something like the armenian genocide...? If you do not get more concrete now I will ignore you. Because like said (not just by me, thank god) before: you remain too vague and nonsenical, it would take 2 pages of off topic debating to get to the actual matter of the topic with you.
    Also you were explicitly talking about invasion. And it would happen as soon as America would abandon Europe. After my reaction you are rambling about there are other ways of impacting another country/continent/union negatively. I agree (look at russian tactics) but it says nothing about your earlier statement. In fact it implies you are coming back on your earlier statement (which would be ok of course, but I doubt you mean it like that).

You're projecting things on me now. It was already clear you are trolling, which is why I gave you the same amount of respect you dished out. That was all what you were getting from me, no personal jabs. When I say you are acting pathetic I am just stating what you are doing. I reported your post because it was not some mistake from you but a deliberate attempt at trolling.

9. Asmodean

Nothing as dramatic as you made it sound. it appears there are military exercises held in Poland of different NATO troops to improve quality (I noticed in the news the dutch sent about 3000 soldiers as well). It's also a display of power to Russia naturally. Russia invading Germany, indeed crazy talk :p Why did you word it like that.

10. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Vague criticism that I am being vague is about as productive as debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it. The Mongols are considered the most successful among those who have invaded Europe while, in modern times, Russia made it all the way to Germany. It has always been a prize worth taking with enough accumulated wealth to tempt anyone. Greece doesn't have much in the way of wealth, but I'm sure that won't stop Turkey from taking what they can and reminding the Greeks how much they love them. Like all the countries in the region, they all depend upon the US for their economies and, if the US were to abandon the region altogether, their economies would collapse and fighting would be inevitable.

Its empire baby, and your money is only worth what the guys with the guns say its worth. Without the US imposing order upon the region and enforcing the value of the US dollar with their weapons chaos would result.

11. Asmodean

What's vague about the criticism? Are my questions what to clarify not clear or invalid? I feel like you're making excuses now. Maybe consider this: nobody else is getting into your posts, it is not because they are so flawless. People just can't be bothered or don't know where to start.
    I'm not being vague, so please don't turn it around.

About the economy, that's something completely different than what you talked about before. You were talking about the american miliitary support and the invasions that would follow if the USA would withdraw that support. Thanks for clarifying.

12. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

You call my statements vague, then don't explicitly tell me how they are vague. For example, if someone says "She's hot!" they could be talking about anything from a good looking woman to an overheating car engine and I could easily point out to them that just saying "She's hot!" is too vague for me to determine what they are talking about. If you wish to be explicit, tell me exactly what words I am writing that you consider vague.

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am tired of listening to you...why don't you find another country.

14. Asmodean

I explicitly told you what I found vague about your posts, and if you manage to not get that... the only thing you have to look at are the questions I asked you to get clear why the hell you are writing the stuff you do. Look at the questions. They are ment to help you clarify. If you find any question too vague, quote it and tell me what you don't get.

I assume what you write makes sense in your head, I am just telling you you're not making 100% sense to anyone here. This is not to be mean or to discredit what you want to say, it is ment as constructive criticism. Just because it makes sense to you (which is logical because you know all the associations and stuff where exactly you are coming from, but we don't) doesn't mean it makes sense to us. I wanted to know where you were coming from. Patience is running out though. I don't think that's on any of us. It is because of your own tiring way of communicating. It doesn't serve any of my efforts to spend 3 or more posts asking you what the fuck you ment or getting you to explain why you find some things you wrote likely, when they do not seem likely to anybody else.

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

No, you did not quote a single word I said and merely rambled about Turkish politics. These are the words I am writing down, while the ones above these words are the ones you are writing down. Quote me and then explain how I am too vague and it will save us both any unnecessary confusion. That's what explicit criticism is about, being explicit about what someone else has said or done.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Well he is from another universe. Hard to argue with that.

17. Asmodean

Look at the questions I asked you. If it doesn't make enough sense maybe read the previous post it was a reaction to. So far I don't think you are really trying. You're merely trying to ignore the questions I aksed and parry the criticism. Just take your time, you can do it :)

18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

If I were trying to ignore it I would simply not respond. Again, if you must criticize me as being too vague please be explicit about exactly what I said you consider vague that I have said and why instead of making me attempt to "figure out" what you are saying. Much of this could be easily avoided if instead of vaguely criticizing me as being too vague you would ask simple direct questions.

19. Asmodean

20. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Trust me, I will, and I will continue to point out whenever you are vaguely criticizing me as being too vague!