U.s. Tanks Roll Into Germany To Protect Against Potential Russian Invasion

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 9, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

c'mon you guys, you know damn well he was referring to Russia and/or other authoritarian governments.

and say all you want about America meddling in other countries and having military bases all over, but those bases and American presence has also helped keep many countries safe from military invasion.
    I am not trying to justify or excuse any questionable acts by American government, but the truth of the above statement can not be denied.
    say what you want, but America's presence helped keep the cold war from getting hot in Europe. ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

They'll probably be round for me later just for even mentioning it. Off to the Bloody Tower.

3. BlackBillBlake

He didn't say that. He said 'America is unique'. That means one-of-a-kind in my dictionary.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would say the climax (and limit) of America's useful and noble military intervention on other continents was when they, Canada and other allies battled nazi Germany.

And yup, if Dick Paradise ment that he worded it plain wrong.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

true, we are not unique in that respect.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yes, and it was America's presence and help that enabled Europe to rebuild, but unfortunately or fortunately we will never really know what America's presence in Europe over the last 50 years has prevented happening, we only what has happened.
    Based on that, do you really think Russia would not have been more aggressive if America didn't have a military presence there?
    I think that is naive'.

7. Asmodean

My comment was about actual military interference only. The cold war was a political game (very serious one though), not an actual war. Of course other kinds of support of different nations to each other have been very useful (and they will remain useful in the future).

I think it is unsure how aggressive Russia would have been in Europe without American military presence. It is naive to say with certainty nothing would have happened. It is also naive to say that without it there would have been an escalation with the russians The foregin military presence in Germany after WW2 (not just americans) had as much disadvantages as useful purposes. I think with retrospect it was worthless to divide Germany like that.

1 person likes this.
  8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

this we agree on

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

All you have done is confirmed what I wrote, that Europe has always been a divided mess. Countries making agreements they never keep, attacking one another, entrenched wealth and communists going at it, supporting their social programs at the expense of military ones and vice versa.

10. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

When the great man learns the Way,
    He follows it with diligence;
    When the common man learns the Way,
    He follows it on occasion;
    When the mean man learns the Way,
    He laughs out loud;
    Those who never laugh at all,
    Learn nothing about their ignorance.

11. Asmodean

So fucking what? They have been divided because they have always been different countries, unlike the USA. It is only logical different countries have their differences. To use the words always and mess is just your poetic liberty. What are you saying exactly? What's your point. Its good to have the US army in Europe? USA is less divided among itself than Europe (lol)? What?

12. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Before even the invention of agriculture people traveled all around the world inhabiting just about every place imaginable. Slowly over the eons they learned what places to avoid, such as active volcanoes, and learned how to organize in ever larger groups for their mutual self-defense. Although tribes might ordinarily break up into small groups of as few as six, their collective numbers were great enough to defend themselves. Europe will either get its shit together or its current countries will inevitably become history.

13. Asmodean

Man you're so useless in news and political threads. Europe is a continent with diverse countries. It's not one big thing that needs to get its shit together... or else .. You always keep it one notch too vague to make enough sense to your convo partners in threads like these. Therefor it would take pages of off topic debating everytime before you (might) make some real sense. I think I will join the people who care enough about the actual thread topic to pass on that. I'm not sorry I gave it a few tries, but really. You are much better off in the philosophy subforum. No ill intent ment with this.

1 person likes this.
  14. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Are we really going to drag out the dictionary and pick the roach turds out of the pepper? That can go both ways. By the way, it's "meant" not "ment", ment is just a way to turn a noun into an adjective, it doesn't exist as a stand-alone word in English.

Other than Uruguay please enlighten me about which nations guarantee freedom of speech and freedom of the press. I'm curious to know actually. I'd like to follow their progress as people who question climate change are imprisoned so I'll know when it's likely to arrive here.

This thread has all kinds of disconnected points being made, if we could just make our way beyond all the superiority complexes. Seriously, if you think you're so much better than other people, why converse with anyone?

I am curious though, if the US military technology is so "bad", why is it stolen so often (aside from internal incompetence)? Why would anyone steal military technology if it's the worst of the worst? It's easy to hate on America, but few seem to be packing their bags over it. What will we ever do?

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

what about the fool who believes they know what the hell they are talking about, but can't communicate beyond gibberish and word salad, yet they believe they are conveying some deep esoteric truths that the rest of us common plebs just don't get.

as I said, you take bits and pieces and then fill in the rest with your own version of reality based on a mish-mash of eastern philosophical thought, physics and magical thinking.

16. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

There is nothing vague about the fact that as technology progresses people must also make progress in cooperating or become extinct as a species. The smaller the world becomes the more size matters and if the European continent cannot get its shit together they will be invaded over and over again just like Russia.

17. Asmodean

Take your own advice, DIck. You have been one of those people making disconnected and bogus points, then argue spelling when the nonsense of your post gets pointed out.

Please, can we indeed just keep this thread on topic now. Nobody cares about your delusions on American uniqueness regarding citizens being allowed to criticze their goverment. Thanks in advance.

18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

And all you have done is make vague criticism calling anything you don't agree with magical thinking. I'd rather be a fool than mindlessly attacking anything I don't agree like a vicious animal.

19. Asmodean

This thread is not about magic, Wu Li.

Like I said: if you want to get into that further create a new thread for your antropological and societal insights. It is a bit too vague for a specific thread about a specific issue. Certainly if you want people to reply to what you wrote (which is always needed for other forummers in order to understand everything you say)

20. BlackBillBlake

Say one word against climate change in Britain, and it's the slammer.

Any newspaper that denied it would be immediately closed down.