U.s. Tanks Roll Into Germany To Protect Against Potential Russian Invasion

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ahh yes, and such an obvious joke I missed

More people go to a Kanye concert and they have more guns

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I realize this is not on topic but everytime I see this kind of response from one american to another, just because they are dissatisfied with the current path the USA has taken (which is very understandable, even if we don't buy into any theories), I think that is so nonsensical. It's not like you really think he sympathizes with communism so that's not what I react to here. But I saw you make this comment several times to another US citizen who criticizes their country's policies or fellow citizens: well why don't you just git out then! Uhm, do you feel that is a sensible reply when YOU criticize your country? So you have a problem with your country and state it. This means it is best to go to another country just like that :p Uhm imagine if everybody in history had done that. I don't think America would have gone through the social changes in the sixties for example (on the other hand it might not have been colonized by europeans in the first place :p)

3. Asmodean

Well most Europeans don't want America to solve our border issues with their military at all. I guess some east European countries are scared a bit more and they know they are weak compared to Russia (which is maybe not about to launch a full on military attack on an european country, but is definitely trying to mess with those countries in other ways as well: economically, socially etc.: they're pressuring and out to destabilize): sooo, they might welcome any foreign help (esp western). I don't think that counts for germans though. I agree with Meli: this is mostly symbolic.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

OH Fuck ME!

here come the PC police again!!!
    Didn't I tell you to get another hobby?

You missed one very important fact, I was not addressing every unsatisfied American, just Pressed Rat.

and there is a difference between making note of and complaining about real and legitimate issues, but you have read the shit PR goes on about haven't you?
    the incessant whining over imaginary plots, the supposed "police state" America has become, "I got the sniffles" etc,etc,etc, if you take any of that as legit criticism's then I question your metric for determining such.

2 people like this.
  5. Asmodean

No I did not miss that. And please, don't shove it all on a pc argument. When I say it is nonsensical I mean just that. I don't say it is wrong for PC reasons, so don't make it about that. It seems like you're trying to come up with any bogus excuse to not take what I say serious.

Really: he has all kinds of valid concerns about the US, even if you and also me disagree with some of the arguments he is using. You put it like just because you disagree with his arguments or reasoning that he should get out of the country. Where should he go too? Why should everyone who does have some fears about your country becoming something you are not seeing leave the country? So yes, in earnest: telling everyone you disagree with that has a problem with the US to just leave then is nonsensical. It is bordering on retardedness (how's that for a pc response? :)). A desperate attempt to shut that guy you disagree so much with up: well just go away then, problem solved right? No, his concerns would still be there :p

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Oh Holy Fuck!!

get over yourself already!

7. Asmodean

Lol, nothing better to say I guess :)

8. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

LOL, as if the peasants had anything to say in this whole affair. This is money doing all the driving at the point of a gun and the peasants are the ones empowering them to do so by being good little wage slaves who beg for more bread and refuse to create their own military and take charge themselves. Europe isn't just weak compared to Russia, the EU might as well be a kitten about to be devoured by a lion and they have no one to blame for their situation but themselves. In fact, this is the same set of circumstances that led to both world wars and why the US decided to take over the job before things got out of hand again. As bad as the entrenched wealth in the US has become, its always been even worse in Europe. The last time Europe had its shit together was the Roman empire which inevitably fell victim to the same problem. Like the US they consumed more than they produced and the empire eventually split in half.

9. Asmodean

I'm aware 'the peasants' don't make the decisions. We still have opinions though, and I was sharing mine here. I agree Europe has weakened itself by reducing their military, but I disagree it has always been worse in Europe. Like at this point in history. Just because the US has a bigger and better army doesn't mean Europe is in a bigger pile of shit. We can scare eachother in the next world war if we are stupid enough but I may hope European peasants know slightly better these days (well the majority at least). Btw, I am mainly talking about (north and) west Europe. I don't regard the whole european continent as a solid thing or a coherent group with roughly the same kind of culture and interests/priorities. I am all for west Europe (and even the US) supporting countries like the Ukrain (which doesn't mean they can be part of the EU btw) and Baltic states but lets keep it real. Not to every extent. And we don't have to put it like WW3 is an inevitable thing in the next decade. Or that it is a guarantee it will be between the west and Russia. We also don't wanna look like we are eagerly awaiting any dubious russian policy so we (the west) act with symbolic actions like the stuff that inspired the OP.

10. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Europe is and always has been divided mess which is why when Hitler started invading countries nobody did a damned thing. Tens of millions of people dying in world wars and the entire infrastructure of European industries being devastated is not merely "scaring each other in the next world war.

Hell, the US isn't all that united either and has suffered a civil war never to be forgotten, but we have our shit together better than Europe!

11. Asmodean

I don't see what the infrastructure after WW2 has to do with people currently scaring eachother in the next world war.

Arguable. Maybe if you look at Europe as one big thing it looks like that but as we both agree it has never been one big thing. Unlike the US. And that Europe has always been a patchwork of different countries with different interests doesnt mean that is an issue on itself (for the most time in history the very different cultures lived fine on the other side of the borders). It's only when we try to act like we are one big thing and have to deal with a common problem that it appears we are not one. It doesn't mean shit about any world war. We only had 2 after all :p Besides... those wars did not only break out thanks to Europe being a divided mess: it was also thanks to our bogus alliances to eachother that obligated countries to aid eachother in war.

12. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Whatever the reason, WWI and WWII were the products of everyone rushing to exploit the new technology made possible by the theories of relativity and quantum mechanics and until a new theory of everything comes along size is what matters now because everyone has already geared up to exploit the current theories as fast as possible. If a new Theory of Everything emerges on the scene it could upset the apple cart all over again.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's not like the countries being invaded sat there with open arms. The Polish sent horses at the armored beasts. The moment Germany invaded France, all the allies jumped into the war.

Countries that accepted National Socialsm also found the same negative effects in their own economy. Adopting National Socialsm was a win for them too.

You have to remember, although all your history books and teachings will solely point the blame at The Nazis, there was a hell of a lot of support from nations all around for it. And some nations earned a lot of money for going along with it too.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think the first world wars had anything to do with quantum mechanics. :D preeeeetttttty sure there was an assasination in there somewhere that had nothing to do with mechanics at all yet alone sub atomic particles.

1 person likes this.
  15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL...

2 people like this.
  16. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

So far you can still be as critical as you want about the US and nobody will put you in prison or have you executed (or make you vanish in the night). I think the ability to be critical of the government is one of the freedoms that makes the US unique. I think it was Lincoln who said Americans have the revolutionary right to overthrow our own government. Granted, this is not part of the bill of rights, but the sentiment is important.

What's interesting is how willing some are to change that. The most obvious is talk of locking away "climate change deniers" because "the science is settled", a preposterous notion. While in the European Union I have heard of people being arrested for complaining about the refugee problem. There does seem to be quite a lot to complain about on that subject, the most obvious being that none of the European leaders seems to have had any real sort of plan beyond letting them in. Once they arrive, they seem to be walking into welfare states with no hope for jobs or a future.

Most people don't want to sit around all day with nothing to do. And who would want to raise a family under such conditions? Who does it serve to invite people and then tell them to just sit down and behave? Madness

17. Asmodean

Nuff said I'm afraid.

18. Asmodean

LOL...

19. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Of course, we in the UK are NEVER critical of the government or anything they do. :wall:

20. Asmodean

It's off to the gallows with you if you do.