Homeless Man Offers Money To Pay Lady’S Bus Fare

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by waymore, Jan 8, 2017.

1. waymore

waymore Members

3 people like this.
  2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I'm homeless and the homeless are often more generous than those with homes. Of course, many of them are what are called "institutionalized roaches" who follow the free food and water around, fight among themselves over stupid shit, and complain about the free service. Crack addicts, heroine addicts, alcoholics, etc., but also people who are the walking dead with diseases such as cancer who suddenly find themselves homeless on top of losing their health and jobs. Mental health is a huge issue where I'm at with Washington state ranking 50th in the nation. I routinely see babbling psychotics wandering out in traffic. Some won't eat anything that doesn't come out of a garbage can and will shit in places to discourage others from going there or leave a little present for someone who chased them off. At least half of them can sleep all day long sitting upright in any chair because they aren't allowed to lay their heads down or sleep on the floor because its harder to tell if they are dead or overdosing. Maybe a quarter to one half are guys straight out of prison and some of the prisons like torturing them and turning them into animals. One guy like that I saw was thrown into prison for twenty years when he was seventeen and would spend all day laughing at his own reflection in the bathroom mirror until he tore out half the fixtures and they had to boot him out of the shelter.

That kind of reality tends to bring out both the best and worst in people.