Marijuana-Related Illness Increases In Legalized States

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 5, 2017.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Really?

What the fuck then? Seriously, I'm fucking annoyed. Either people are over exaggerating the benefits of weed, or I am just... I don't know. Weed does not make me feel better. I don't know what it is. It's fucking annoying. Weed isn't fucking cheap either. I feel like I am wasting my money.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Honestly, some people can smoke it and some can't.

I can.

I think maybe lots of people try it in legal states and probably a lot of them aren't suitable for it. Drugs effect everyone differently. :)
    So before we start an epidemic on weed causing illness, we should educate people in the effects. If you get sick, maybe you shouldn't smoke? I dunno, but I wouldn't keep smoking something that made me feel sick.

3. abarambling

abarambling Banned

It's always been known to me that weed affects people differently. I got first introduced to it about two years ago by my tattoo artist back then. Don't get me wrong, I've known of weed since I was ten, but you know what I mean. I first tried it back then. And he told me to take it easy 'cause he knew how small and sickly I was, but also because he knew weed affects people differently. He told me that, so I always knew. That's not my problem. It's that it does nothing to help me as far as alternative medicine goes. Which is annoying, because all these people talk about how great it is, but it does nothing for me. Granted, the people that normally talk about how great it is at curing everything don't normally have a life threatening illness. They just have something like anixety, or some bullshit like that. So, maybe that is the key factor here. I don't fucking know. But, it's fucking annoying.

I will keep trying. I haven't tried all forms of weed, like tinctures. So, I am a trooper. Go me! But, it's fucking annoying.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah, okay. Yeah that would shit me too.

Maybe it's just strains then?

You know, while I never get sick I will admit that for the last half decade or so I have been smoking the same weed from my same supplier. I'm not entirely sure what strain it is and never known enough to care.

When I was in Colorado we tried something, I forget the name but assume it must have been different to my Austrian grown. Tastes the same. Same effect. Actually I'd been a month sober so I smoked with my girl. We LOLd like school girls all hours and morning. :D

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've a friend too that tries to smoke weed because we offer it to him and every time the dude spins out. From one puff no shit, he's done. He spaces out like a space cadet. He'll walk 10miles to nowhere on a personal journey. And he won't ever remember a thing.

This is the type of guy that shouldn't smoke weed lol.

6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I've changed "dealers" a few times during these two years, but now I'm getting weed from a dispensary. From my understanding, dispensary weed is the best of the best, and still I got shit, which did I already stress how fucking annoying that is? I don't think I did. Because it is. Fucking potheads! Bunch of flaming liars. Do all my ass.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not sure of the dispensary grades but if I think about it in my own way, you're buying legal weed from a regulated store... is it really "the best"?

I dunno. :D

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Hey, I never claimed to be a master of all things weed. So, this is just from my understanding. Apparently, dispensary weed is good stuff. My ex boyfriend, or maybe it was his sister stole my ID registry card, thinking that was the medical marijuana card... because they were that thristy. To be fair, they're fucking idiots. But, hey... if idiots are willing to steal to get dispensary grade shit... then I guess it's good. I don't know. I don't care. I just want it work. And I'm sure that the people who claim that it's the do-it-all drug, didn't always get good quality weed either, but it still worked. So, how about that for apples?

Something is up. That's all I know. And I'm not down for that shit.

Is weed beneficial? Or is it just potheads saying it is to get it illegalized? Is it harmful? Or is that propaganda to keep it legalized?

Honestly, why am I pretending to care? I don't. I just wanted to work for little ol' me. I don't give shit about the debate.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, I drink coffee right and I claim to never really feel the effects. Like folk tell me in the morning they need a coffee!! I've never gotten that urge like I need a coffee. I just drink it for the social outing. :D so if you were to ask me, I'd say coffee is a waste of time and tax payers money! But!!! There'd be those who'd disagree. :D

Considering the amount of money legalization brings to the state etc. I'm surprised not every state legalizes just for the $$$ factors.

Everything I read or hear out of Colorado is good news. The state is booming, crime down etc. :)

10. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Fuck this! This thread is making me gassy, and I have to get a MRI test done (torture device, basically) tomorrow... today... whatever, so I'm going to bed. I'm done. I will keep trying, but it blows... hard.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

coffee is taxpayer funded? or do you just mean because every government office is required to come stocked with an industrial sized coffee pot?

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Id be willing to bet anyone that ate 500mg/1000mg of cannabis .. in any form will get a belly ache, sick, dizzy and Im going to die feeling.. 250mg all at once makes me gonzo for easy 6hours.. I can do a dab and be pretty high at the point of nausea.
    Do a dad with my girlfriend that is light weight,, she will certainly puke after the first rip.. this is not uncommon.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just curious, what is your issue? You dont have to tell me exactly, just curious what some of your symptoms are.

Weed isnt a cure all but it helps any illness that causes loss of appetite, it helps with certain types of pain, it helps with seizures, with parkinsons..lots of other things i"m not thinking of too probably, but not everything. Do you know if others with the same problem as you have experienced benefits from it?

Could also be the strain as well

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Coming from a place where I have landed myself an honest paying job trimming marijuana, I find it strange that propaganda like this is still being pushed.

Buying weed from dispensaries is much better than dealers especially if you're a medical user. Dispensaries provide more options and selections whereas dealers only give you one option and most of the time they don't even know what strain they have. :D

I would suggest looking at a strain guide to see what kind of affects you are looking for in medical purposes. Some strains make you more relaxed, some more energetic, some more happy, and some can make you a bit more paranoid.

1 person likes this.
  15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

You? Really? I would have never pictured you as the guy that trims marijuana. But, that's cool.

16. abarambling

abarambling Banned

My spine issues, mainly. Which causes issues, such as aches on various parts of my body. Neurological issues as well, such as shaking, tingling feeling, electric shock sensations. My doctor said I might have a sezuire, but I haven't yet. So, things like that. Also, energy. I heard that indica is good for energy, because I am so, so tired most of the time. As for food, I guess it works. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't.

Do you use marijuana?

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I can say that it greatly helped when I broke my leg. You know the typical itching you get from a cast? Well when I smoked it didn't itch it just tangled. Like pins and needles without the numbness. If I ever need a cast again I will risk failing a drug test for that advantage.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Occassionally, I mostly only smoke it now if i'm achy or nauseous but i dont really have a real medical need for it, except anxiety but it makes my anxiety 10x worse. I dont bother with it recreationally very often anymore because of that, it just makes me too paranoid

I do have pretty chronic pain in my shoulder from where I fell on my shoulder like 10 years ago. I never went to the doctor for it so have no idea whats wrong with it but it aches a lot. Marijuana doesnt really touch it though, i do drink kratom tea on occassion and it helps it a lot.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

That's a surprising one. Seems to me like itchiness would be one of the ailments that weed would make worse.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I wouldn't know one way or the other if I didn't try it.