Marijuana-Related Illness Increases In Legalized States

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Openmind693, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

It is hard for me to imagine what people are smoking to make them that sick. Have you ever gotten sick toking?
    Any ideas?

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/marijuana-related-illness-increases-legalized-211922824.html

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've seen and experienced some pretty bad coughing episodes from habitual pot smoking but I've never really heard or seen about it causing vomiting or abdominal pain. This is pretty peculiar to me, as I think for many, one of pot's best qualities is to alleviate symptoms of nausea and pain.

2 people like this.
  3. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Horse shit

1 person likes this.
  4. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

So that's it. They are smoking horse shit. Makes since.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

This story originally appeared on Teen Vogue

say no more...its an anti weed planted story likely financed...it says in the article symptoms are relieved by a hot shower and a drink of fucking water....

there is no link to where she is getting her facts either....

yahoo links for news are lame,,,,you should chase the original story

2 people like this.
  6. mcme

mcme lurker

Eating a whole package of double stuff oreos can give you quite the belly ache. Sounds legit to me.

2 people like this.
  7. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

Here is another source....I think it is different a more reliable...

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/6/26/more-americans-usecannabisseektreatmentundrugsagency.html

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I believe that the story here may be legitimate. I don't have the source, but I read about this as well. Some time last week or before that even there was an article reporting that CHS causes vomiting and abdominal pain, and that a hot shower helps relieve the symptoms, but also that to alleviate the vomiting one must stop smoking.

Now why would it be only smoking marijuana, and not edibles too? They need to be more clear about this.

9. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I think they might be confusing marijuana with alcohol

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sounds like some people overenthusiastic reacted to the munchies.

1 person likes this.
  11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it is a real condition, but extremely rare, so to me it sounds as if the article is a bit of propaganda.
    I first heard about this a couple of years ago and at that time there had been only two cases diagnosed/confirmed, so I question the numbers they are claiming, not that the condition exists.

1 person likes this.
  12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

3 people like this.
  13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

14. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Some people should never do drugs or alcohol because the lights are often on when nobody is home to begin with. That others have physical issues to even the most extremely mild drugs comes as no surprise to me.

1 person likes this.
  15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you do understand it is a completely physiological response and appears to have nothing at all to do with a person's personality or whatever.

16. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

If you say so, but I tend to think the two always come together to some extent and it often doesn't matter as much as people think which one is more predominant.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I read about this condition years ago, I dont think it is bullshit but I also dont think it is very common. The article says emergency rooms have seen an increase, but what does that meam exactly? Instead of two cases a year ER doctors are now seeing 4? I would like to see some exact numbers.

It sounds like an allergic reaction to me. People can develop an allergy to anything. Some people are allergic to alcohol but I dont see the media using that as anti-drinking propaganda

3 people like this.
  18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

uhhhmmm, not if I say so, it is what the science indicates.

I tend to lean towards what the actual science informs me of and then take it from there.
    Ya know, kinda like the difference between a person being possessed by demons or having an epileptic seizure.

19. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

Ok, maybe not the best choice of a neutral view...agreed. But, you seem to agree that the OP article is true.

Maybe I have been here to long...but where else am I supposed to go1? [​IMG]

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes, as I posted, this has been known about and is a real condition, but it's exceedingly rare, so I tend to question the numbers reported and the diagnostic criteria being utilized.