What's In Your First Aid Kit?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Colimon, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Hi everybody! Over the last little while due to training and recent events, I thought it important to add to my first aid kit whenever I get the chance. Never know when it might come in handy in an area where there aren't any doctors or nurses around. What's in your kit? Do you have any recommendations for mine? This is what I currently have going on:

Equipment

Standard First Aid With Heat Blanket, Small Tools and Bandages
    Hydrogen Peroxide & Denatured Alcohol
    Larger Gauze Rolls and Pads
    Tenser Bandage Rolls
    Gloves
    Tourniquets
    Breathing Mask & Balloon
    AED
    Ten 3mL retractable injector (short tip)
    Ten 3mL retractable injector (long tip)

Drugs

Vitamin & Mineral Powder Packets
    Polysporin
    Tylenol
    Aspirin
    Advil
    Antihistamines
    Gravol
    Pepto
    Hydrocodone Syrup
    Lidocaine
    Benzodiazepines (Lorazepam, Clonazepam)
    Epinephrine
    Naloxone

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Safety pins and scissors
    None sugar, none alcohol cleaner

Chocolate!

Glucose liquid

Water purification tablets..Yes, in your med box

3. John1234567

John1234567 Members

Toilet paper

Beer

Duct tape

2 people like this.
  4. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Lol, all jokes aside, both of these would be extremely useful. I did have an old ceramic or carbon water pump for camping but I have no idea where it went. Used to use liquid iodine and bleach to clean the water when I was younger. Didn't want to mess up the measurements on those!

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

How do you just have the hydrocodone syzzyrup hanging out in your first aid kit though?

I'm not even into drugs, especially opiates and what not as they are bad news bears

But hydrocodone syrup is good stuff. If i'm prescribed it I am definitely going to polish it off within a few days, there is no sticking it in my first aid kit for a rainy day
    but i dont actually have a first aid kit, just a medicine cabinet with a thermometer amd some ibuprofen

6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

"Burn Jel" for fast relief of minor burns from fire.

Instant cold/ice packs, the ones you squeeze and break, about 15 minutes of cold in case of injury/swelling.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I have a first aid kit?

1 person likes this.
  8. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

You need superglue in that first aid kit. Believe it or not, the stuff was originally invented for surgeons explaining why hospitals spend so much time ungluing people's hands in the emergency room. A friend of mine is an auto mechanic and soaks his hands in hydrogen peroxide every night and uses superglue to seal any bad cuts. If he had to go get stitches every time he'd never get any work done.

The military now has some sort of powder they can throw on any wound that will stop a person from bleeding to death which is responsible for saving countless lives even when a person looses a limb or whatever, but I don't know where you can buy that stuff or even what its called. Superglue is a good alternative for at least being able to temporarily close any horrific wounds.

1 person likes this.
  9. Bjursten

Bjursten Members

This is true, and there are specific glues and powders that can be easily obtained for at-home or personal emergency med kits.