May The Force Be With Her

Discussion in 'People' started by Billyx1120, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Debbie Reynolds got her wish.

Todd Fisher may be relieved. I don't know.

2. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I can't imagine her funeral NOT having John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra playing in the background.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I assume he has a healthy inheritance coming

4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Money, "Can't buy you Love" it is moreover a case of, "Let the Heartaches begin" for all those left behind

1 person likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

speaking of money, disney had a 50 million dollar insurance claim on Carrie. if they claim it i think it will be safe to say she was meant to be in episode 9.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

On a sidenote:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

when i came to check your reply all i could see was the top half and was thinking "why bring civil rights into something about a tragic loss and who is making money off of it."
    when i scrolled down i laughed my ass off.

1 person likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Haha, wasn't planning on getting into that no, but I noticed another meme and you have to agree there is an intriguing similarity:

[​IMG]

But I guess we can also agree that you just don't owe Jabba a lot of money.

1 person likes this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

while hendrix is the right color for the carbonite chamber the MLK one is better because its in a box shape

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Okay so it was an insurance job.

And

She's dead already.

11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Good to see how this departure can stimulate such humorous response

12. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i have yet to be at a funeral where there wasnt at least a couple chuckles. i am guessing that goes with the best medicine comment.

14. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Lol. Of course they will claim it... probably had it because like her mother saying she was worried about losing her, Disney knew it was a good chance it happened. .. I wonder how much they paid her per film. No where's near 50 million I am sure. It is all about money, now they have to search for a new princess Leah... a good makeup artist to make her look like or similar to. Is she replaceable?

The last funeral in my family was my aunts, and a man died of a heart attack in the church during the funeral... my cousins daughter who was about 10 at the time was so curious she started to get excited ... is hyper active... and went out to check out the body and give him a poke.. lol. the longest funeral ever... took hours before the body could be moved and the funeral could resume. Always something funny happens at funerals and people laugh at them, but there were a lot of funny things said during the wait to alieviate the stress. Fine line between laughing and crying. many funerals on film and tv have a comedy scene in it as well. :)

1 person likes this.
  15. Asmodean

She's not replaceable I think, even though they could surely find another actress that looks similar like her in Force awakens. I may hope Leia will be written out of the next movie now. Only mentioned or plays a role indirectly.

Of course insurances are all about the money, and not just the insurances but even the whole production of the movie would not be considered if there wasn't money to be made. How dubious.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i am thinking they would be refused the claim if she is killed off in a finished movie. (episode 8)
    of course they could always say she was written in as a force ghost. i am pretty sure they have not started writing the last one yet though.

17. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Article in newspaper here says......

"Jan 7 8 pm

Bright Lights HBO

The documentary "Bright Lights" Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds"-
    which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2016 and will screen at the upcoming Palm Springs Film Festival in January-was slated to air on HBO in March. The cable network announced on Friday that the doc will now premiere Jan. 7 following the passing of the subjects. Co-directed by Alexis Bloom and Fisher Stevens, "Bright Lights" gives a candid look at the duo in the months leading up to the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards, where Reynolds received the Lifetime Achievemnt Award"

and

"TCM Remembers Debbie Reynolds Jan 27, 6 a.m.

Turner Classic Movies is celebrating the life of Debbie Reynolds with a 24-hour film tribute beginning at 6 am"

18. mixturenicko21

mixturenicko21 Members

It's true noone has succesfully isolated the jedi particle yet so all this remains speculation.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The toxicology results are in from the LA county coroner's office and the results are tragic, Carrie Fisher Had Heroin & Cocaine in her System ( commonly known as a speedball) when She Died along with a list of other drugs including ecstasy & alcohol

Hotwater

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

????

Why did that take so long, was almost 6 months ago