May The Force Be With Her

Discussion in 'People' started by Billyx1120, Dec 27, 2016.

1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I find it interesting that media looks to blame someone else for the death of a celebrity. I think she needed to lose 7 pounds? How about we blame her and her lifestyle as the cause of her own death.

As for the rotund candidate how about Barbara Streisand, Kathy bates or Bette Midler. Maybe Melissa McCarthy would be willing to gain weight for the role.

2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I concur with that, my own days as a young man in my 20's and 30's may very well take it toll some day sooner than I would like to hope. Too much drinking and smoking, a substitute for cannabis thanks to the prohibition laws in this country.. That said I have always eaten well, and I've gotten plenty of exercise of the past ten years.

If Keith Richards can survive this long anyone can...

Oprah? Not quite the right colour... and annoying. Whoopi Goldberg lol nah I'm sticking with Rosseane, she's a bit mad and a pot activist, and she's passable for a mature Liea. Maybe not. Anyone but Julia Roberts...

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

A tribute thread is one which allows people to pay due regard and perhaps comment with memories
    - I posted this as such, and not to be one that stimulates a negative trend.
    Freedom to express opinion is something which should be a basic principle of right - especially on a social networking site - although I do feel that when it is a fresh loss tempered with a degree of respect for those who may find themselves emotionally affected
    (I refer to the "if you can't say something nice..." quote)
    - Clinical and.or cynical observational criticism should I believe be made in due course, after an appropriate period has elapsed - at least one would think a few days - regardless of position/stature - be they Actor/actress, Politician, Pop star or other = It is I believe a matter of courtesy

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Or a princess...

5. jgalley

jgalley Guest

no you're just being an ass for the sake of it. period.

moving on.

6. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I don't know, as she is someone in the public eye should the life she lead make her a hero or a tragic story to young people? Should her life be glorified for great things or an honest perspective of her downfall? Star Wars is considered one of the great films... one that was a big part of many people and a film loved by many. She was human with flaws and though she was liked by many as princess Leah or enjoyed in other roles she was human and made mistakes a choices in her life that lead to her dying earlier than many do today. Being in the public eye she is made an example of and is remembered for the good and the bad. This is not a bad thing in my opinion. The papers are blaming the film industry for asking her to lose weight, but the fault is an unfortunate lifestyle she lead

7. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

That is your opinion. have I come in and personally called anyone who posts within this thread names? Not at all, but you and your friend have come in to personally attack me for asking a question. And I am called an ass? for giving an opinion and having my own thoughts, memories on something that differ from your own. Never said it didn't make me sad or feel bad for her family and their loss. If you read my comments I said my memory of Star Wars, blues brother, provided a YouTube video link ... the talk of her drug use is because she died too soon and many feel it was because of the way she abused her body, so the cause of loss is commented on as well.

Why don't you share your own thought about the loss of carry fisher instead of personal attacks?

8. The Walking Dickhead

Might I suggest the following implements for settling this dispute.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

1 person likes this.
  10. WOLF ANGEL

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

According to the internet: when someone dies, it is now illegal to fap to sexy images of that now deceased individual.

RIP Carrie Fisher

1 person likes this.
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Case closed.

13. The Walking Dickhead

Even if you're wearing Star Wars pants? Star Wars pants = posthumous Princess Leia fap impunty.

14. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

But it is ok to fap to ugly images of the dead?

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

16. WOLF ANGEL

17. WOLF ANGEL

US actress Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fisher, in hospital

[​IMG]Image copyrightAPImage captionDebbie Reynolds (left) with her daughter and fellow actress Carrie Fisher
    US actress Debbie Reynolds has been taken to hospital, the day after death of her daughter Carrie Fisher.
    Celebrity news site TMZ reported that she may have had a stroke.
    The Hollywood screen legend, 84, is best known for her starring role in 1952 musical Singin' in the Rain, alongside Gene Kelly.
    Fisher - renowned for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars series - died on Tuesday following a cardiac arrest on a plane.
    Ms Reynolds posted a statement about her daughter's death on Facebook on Tuesday: "Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop."

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yes.

19. WOLF ANGEL

A Mother's Grief (indeed)

Debbie Reynolds, the Oscar-nominated singer-actress who was the mother of late actress Carrie Fisher, has died at Cedars-Sinai hospital. She was 84.
    “She wanted to be with Carrie,” her son Todd Fisher told Variety.She was taken to the hospital from Todd Fisher’s Beverly Hills house Wednesday after a suspected stroke, the day after her daughter Carrie Fisher died

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, they took it down becsuse there was a huge backlash. I read a headline about there being a backlash, then I read the tribute...and i still havent figured out why some found it offensive

And Steve Martin said something along the lines of, at one point he thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world, and then later found out she was smart and funny too (i dont recall the exact words)...and appearantly that also caused a backlash because some found it sexist. So now i guess calling someone beautiful, smart, and funny is sexist. I dont understand

Anyways. I forgot all about Postcards from the Edge until today, I remember reading my big sister's copy when I was 13. I didnt know who she was then, just thought she was some washed up actress. I didnt watch star wars until a few years later.