Who Has Had A Thing With Another Member Of The Forum?

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by la Principessa, Dec 19, 2016.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I say thing and not relationship because I don't really think online relationships quite count as much as one in real life.

1 person likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I disagree with that statement because I already know a couple of people here that have been in online relationships that have met, worked, and continue to work although they live far abroad from one another. To me that takes courage, trust and a fulfillment of adoration between one another.

I believe people only date each in the real world because they can, because it's expected and they're there. To hold onto someone so dearly for long periods of time with all that care for each other and they can't even hold each other... that commitment trumps most IRL relationships right then and there.

But no, I haven't had a thing with anybody on this site. I can barely make a friend.

3 people like this.
  3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

There are people that have met from here on HF and have become both friends and gotten married...I don't remember who but I promise I remember it has happened.

Overall, meeting someone long distance online and "something" serious AND SUCCESSFUL becoming of it are few and far apart IMO.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Irmi....I feel like you are one of the best, most intelligent, and openminded people I've ever met...online or where ever!!! Don't make me CRY!!! :bigcry: If you aren't my friend, I don't know the meaning of it! :)

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I feel I MUST add this in - my neighbors that live in the haunted house behind us (imagine a huge triangle and they live in the apex/top house of the triangle) are as old as me. They not only got to know each other online - from different but neighboring states - but (apparently) eventually met.

They hit it off, began living together and are now married - and live right behind me. They are very very well suited, are both nice and if they ever argue it is only briefly and Very quietly! By all accounts they are perfect for each other.

So...even though there are really long distance (countries apart) couples that must struggle to make it work, or they aren't able to make it work...

The ones behind me were some distance apart..and I'm pleased to say that good things can and do happen that originate online. :)

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haunted house. :D
    Now that's one thing we all have in common. Everyone has a haunted house in their neighborhood. :D

6. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I have met someone from Hip, just socially and just for fun, not with a view to any relationship. Someone who is interested in my lifestyle, who was interested in meeting me, so I invited them to a party. We chat often on Hip and will no doubt meet up again sometime in the new year. As for having a "thing" what happened at the party was only for us and the other guests to know.

It's great to make new friends on Hip, and to chat with like-minded people. Even if they live in a haunted house...

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm still working on it. Will keep you informed, OP!

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think online things count as much as in real life either.

i'm really not sure how you would even define a "thing" in this context. by my definitions, i have had no things or relationships here.

9. la Principessa

I didn't say long distance relationships can never work out. It's just really rare. And I wanted to leave the definition vague because I want to know who's had any kind of thing with another member. Such as a flirty online fling or a full blown relationship, or met up and got together. I'm curious.

I met my current SO on a dating site and now we live together so I definitely realize that the online thing can work.

Anyway I guess I'll divulge first then. I've been on this forum since 2008 so I've definitely had things with members before. Some flirtatious, and some more serious. One with a member who isn't really posting on here anymore. We were good friends for years after the "relationship" didn't work out. Finally he blew up on me when I started going out with my current partner as if I had promised him something. I'm sorry but that is why I don't think online things long distance rarely work out. Years and years passed and we never met, and yet I was supposed to pass up a real life relationship for an online one?

Then there was another. We were friends for a while, dated for a short time, and now we're friends again. Works out for me because you can never have enough good friends.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Who's fault was it though, that you never met after all those years?

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

*triggered*

1 person likes this.
  12. undefeated

undefeated Member

theres a good 3 or 4 ladies on here i would like to

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I just like to imagine that internet people arent real

I met one member here when they were passing through a nearby town...we had lunch ..no "thing" just 2 people having a lunch..actually it was 3 because her boyfriend was there too (really nice guy)

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

and a couple bad ones too.

Amanda Mclean likes this.
  15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I'd say I've made some friendships on here. I'm not particularly friendly, most of the time, but there are a few people who have, for whatever reason, persevered and reached friend status. I've become facebook friends with a few people, which is as far as it's gotten. I might meet someone in person, if the situation was right and I was feeling less introverted than usual.

There are also a few people on here who I feel a quiet kinship with, like a silent support. That's nice too.

1 person likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

At this point in my life i would be more interested in, and developing friendships with, some of the lovely ladies here. There should be a meet a platonic friend website that works like a dating website. It can be hard to make friends once you get in your upper twenties, thirties and beyond.

I've only met a couple of people from the internet and it wasnt with any romantic intentions, just a couple of people who I chatted with for a long time and wanted to meet. It was fine after the initial awkwardness, i ended up being good friends with one of them for years. But the anxiety leading up to the initial meeting, ugh..not sure I could put myself through that again.

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I have met one person from here

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

some people use dating websites for that purpose. or else they just say that in their dating profile as part of some weird hard-to-get game, i don't know.

19. la Principessa

Oh yeah I've definitely met a few good friends here. Two of them I talk to semi regularly.

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I don't see that meeting someone on the internet is any more or less random/non-random than in real life.It still involves an element of chance.