Its A Wonderful Chat

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Orison. I will get back to you when I get on my laptop.
    Aerianne. Can you name another profession where you get to tell your customers the price AFTER you perform your service?
    Lynn. Not sure how much you followed but I had an accident at work. I quit after travel restrictions. I lost insurance when I quit and just got new insurance but it's not any good until the 1st.

I sure hope I get the birth of the puppies on camera. They are due litteraly any second. With my luck they will be born on my trip up to see my family for Christmas.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i name price after

cant really see the future so i tell people cost depends on too many factors....can guess a quote but the customers i have always know ill be honest and fair

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

oh yeah, that and some plumbers. but they can always give you an estimate. and fact is i told him upfront i have no insurance and dont make enough to pay. would you still do a job for someone that said that to you?

4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Lawyers

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

all the time i had lawyers i knew the price going in...i do know that my ex was in a divorce and she had to keep paying her lawyer while it was going on...it may depend on what you need them for or who the lawyer was.
    no different than a plumber i had who quoted me a price up front and said he would stick to it. some plumbers are more loosey goosey with their prices.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

only good friends or family

1 person likes this.
  7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

just an fyi...when someone absolutely needs a price before works starts i automatically bump it much higher than usual just to cover if problems....and its really hard to bump it down if job goes easy...

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I always ask for an estimate with my car mechanic, and they are super good. They (its a business) even call me when they find something that is more than we initially discussed. I love my car mechanic. With a plumber or anything house related, I don't even bother asking for an estimate because I know from many times in the past they aren't going to give it but instead will start listing what seems like 100 different things the bill will depend on.

When it is time for plumbers or house things, they never tell what the bill will be...they have to go back and calculate it.

What a AWFUL word that is to me - when they say they are going to "calculate" what the bill will be.

lord have mercy...that is when I secretly pray...when I hear that "calculate" word.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i have always had apartments so never had to deal with plumbers until recently. most plumbers i have heard about lynn...they are like you discribed, but there is a company near me that quotes a price and stands by that price no matter what they find in the job.

i am sure like spiff said, they likely quote higher just in case. but i was happy with the price quoted and the work done when i had them work under my house. ok lets be honest, i wasnt working under there...i got hyperventilation just climbing under there within arms length of the crawlspace hole...i couldnt imagine going under the vent hoses and deep into the spaces where you actually have to dig to just make it a crawl space.

2 people like this.
  10. morrow

morrow Visitor

Laying in bed on Sunday morning talking to the little one about her birthday falling on the 23rd December, reliving the year she was born, weather was awful etc etc...
    So I say is there anything I can get for you miss? She replied, can I just keep your bed please.. Laughing, I tell her I will leave it her in my will!
    She is so funny, the list then got longer, even included my chandeliers! What fun being a child!
    I just hope she likes her Christmas presents..As she spends a lot of time in hospital, or sick, I've had my constructive head on this year, maybe a bit OTT, but if she likes it, it will be worth it :)

4 people like this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

thanks, it not the best relationship, shes not very responsible and I can tell why her family they are nice people but don't care much about their health. drinking, fat eating non exercising

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Morrow, I have a feeling your gift to her goes far beyond material things. Grandparent/grandchild relationships can be magical.

1 person likes this.
  13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can turn off receipt of messages from a specific person in your Profile under Ignore Preferences. Hope that helps.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

When I worked for Toyota a lot of the other employers would be shady with the bills. People pick up their cars and ask why did you fix this I am not paying for it. Well they pretty much have to we have your car in the back and the keys. Of course a lot of people would be so mad they never came back after a argument where the employee was paged to the cashier. But they liked me. It's not hard to estimate A. what is wrong B. how many labor hours it takes to fix. And there is a phone to let you know if something else is found. But it was a commission job so it's not good if a car is new and nothing is broken. The dealership got so many bad reviews because of this Toyota stopped selling them their new cars. They did not meet corporate expectations for customer experience.

1 person likes this.
  15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i just found out theres an old fashion candy store in the city....and their facebook says they carry horehound candies

roadtrip....

2 people like this.
  16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

what flavor are you getting?

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

horehound is the flavour

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i googled horehound and there seems to be a lot of flavors of that brand...new google search here i come'
    EDIT yeah i couldnt see the small writing that said it wasnt the name of the brand.

dosnt sound good to me...more for you

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

its an acquired taste.

1 person likes this.
  20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

its similar to ricola

italian brio chinotto soda is also a close flavour

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.