Donald Trump Formally Wins 2016 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aerianne, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

The guy hasn't even been sworn in yet. And last I recall Hillary's campaign was "road to 270" not "road to the popular vote."

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

everyone gets a second term, no matter how hated they are.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not a pessimist, just a realist. All empires fall eventually.

1 person likes this.
  4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I'm wondering will his supporters ever wake up and realize they've been had--like the poor schmucks who enrolled in Trump University.

1 person likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Or his various former employees/contractors who have filed lawsuits against him for not being paid for their work.

But he's a working man's hero, sure.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's not like this isn't the Democrats fault.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't understand. How is this my fault as a Democrat?

I wanted Bernie. I voted for him, and for some reason unbeknowns to me really, I could not have him....and then it took awhile, but I wrapped my head around ok, voting for Hillary and being able to look at myself in the mirror, and living with that...and there was no hate involved in my decision........I fought hard against this, so how is it my fault? Please explain.

8. Aerianne

I should have clarified.

I didn't mean individual Democratic voters.

I meant the ones of DNC that thought it would be awesome to put Hillary in instead of Bernie Sanders.

Bernie had my interest.

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, there would be many more people happy right now with Bernie....oh, why or why didn't it it go that way? I will never know....:(

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It isnt your fault, she didnt mean you or anyone personally. it is the fault of the party for pushing for Hillary and for colluding with the press to write numerous favorable articles on Hillary while ignoring or treating Bernie unfavorably. And ignoring the fact that Hillary was a historically unpopular and divisive candidate while Bernie was an anti-establishment and populist candidate in a populist election.

And going farther back than that, it is their fault for being a party for the elite for many years when they should have been a working man's party all along.

I very much agree with Aeri. The Dems fucked up.and havent learned from their mistakes, i dont think.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But I doubt that the progressives in this country had a George McGovern's chance in hell of winning the election.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

of course its her fault

just like anything trump does is automatically faulted on anyone that voted for him ....and any of his voters faults are also his responsibility

democratic party fault are also the fault of every person who voted democratic

thats how the system works

/sarcasm/

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Only partly. If blame is to be put it is also on the basic electorate. At least the part who voted for the wrong reasons or not at all.

14. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Well, I for one am just thrilled to damn death that there is yet ANOTHER thread about the orange buffoon (or cheetoes as I like to fondly call him) winning the election.

Because nobody would ever have known, if not for the all of threads and discussion about this very thing.

I have never in my entire 60 years referred to a president as little letter president...so this year I will start something new.

15. Aerianne

There isn't another thread about the day of the electoral voting.

Maybe you're confused.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Really? Another flaw in your country's system I would think.

17. Aerianne

They don't "get" a second term.

They can't be elected for more than two consecutive terms.

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

they definitely have the advantage though if they choose to run for a second term

its much harder to beat an incumbent unless theyre just atrocious (which i suspect may happen this time if he doesnt get impeached during his term)

2 people like this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

since ww2, only four have not been reelected. and that's counting jfk, who was killed in his first term.

bush senior is the only one in my lifetime.

20. Impeachment is such a waste of time and money. It destroys progress and makes a few lawyers rich, but little else is accomplished. Look how much time was wasted impeaching Bill Clinton.