Do You Celebrate Your Pet's Birthday?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Fluffernutter, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Member

Inspired by the fact that one of my dogs (Cooper) turns 11 today!

We usually give them their favorite food (steak, chicken, or tuna) to celebrate. They used to get a new toy for their birthday, but they have too many and they rarely get played with. And then when they were really young, we'd throw them a doggy birthday party with the neighborhood dogs, complete with a peanut butter cake. We're really neurotic over here. (;

Do you do anything special for your non-human babies?

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yes...and she's not even my dog ..she belongs to my sister and nieces but she is part of the family

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'm not lucky enough to know the birthday of a single animal I have now...and I have 4 cats.

Each with very distinct personalities and different stories how here is home.

I know what month (within 3 lol) and year of when each one came here, and became a part of the tribe..

Christmas 2009 (so a few days from now), trapped in a building across the road, is when BB joined us...even though we didn't know that yet.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

My daughter does..They even wear party hats for the photos, which are then sent as Christmas cards! From the animals! I refuse to attend these parties lol

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think i've ever known a pet's birthday.

6. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

The dog yes, the cats ...naw haha

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

a little bit, not really but she gets a new toy, but always gets toys. but I make sure she gets a toy around her birthday and when she become my pet..

8. EleanorHernandez

EleanorHernandez Members

I take Tessy (my dog) to her favorite park on her birthday. Give her food that she likes and new dress is must for her.

9. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

Celebrated my dogs 1st bday yesterday