For Trump Voters...what Were Your Reasons For Supporting His Campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tumbling.dice, Dec 14, 2016.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I intend for this thread to be only for those who supported Donald Trump for president. If you are a Trump critic please don't post here. There are plenty enough threads for those who just want to complain. This is my honest attempt to try to understand those who thought he was a good choice for president; I'm not looking to criticize. I hear plenty of negativity on both sides of this issue and don't want this to turn into another of 'those' threads.

I have a few rules though: distrust for Hillary or the Democrats or email scandals and stuff like that cannot be one of your reasons. This is your chance to give positive reasons for picking Trump. Please list them in order of the issues that were the most important to you. I'd like at least three reasons for your vote. Just be honest and don't worry about what anyone else thinks about it.

Well, let's see if this works. Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Up until about September (I think) I was against Trump and I did not support his candidacy. While I did vote for Trump in the end, I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore supporter. Because I will renounce my support for him if he seriously fucks up within his first 4 years, rather than defend him to death like a die hard partizan bozo.

What turned me to make such a crazy decision, was this huge influx of identity politics being pushed by the regressive left, the rise in social justice warriors and safe space culture, leftists calling people racists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, whateverphobes when they really aren't. Yelling "Check your privilege!" Language policing of microaggressions became a new fad on the rise that was being pushed by the left worse than ever before. Feminists who made it a bigger priority to wage war on the video game industry, than fight for women who suffer under Sharia law in third world nations. Politically correct culture was getting way out of hand, and still is. And even worse was seeing video footage and social media posts of militant SJWs and never-Trumpers harass and assault Trump supporters, even the gay ones and minorities. It is ironic how social justice warriors put these supposed "marginalized groups" like people of color, homosexuals, transexuals, and women on the pedestal. But when individuals of these said groups don't agree with them, they are subject to severe bullying and threats. This was similar to the racist tactics use to intimidate black people from voting back in the Jim Crow era. I truly despise these people and their hatred for Donald Trump turned me toward him.

Also, Trump appears to be hated by much of the same despicable people including: The Bush family, Koch Brothers, Goldman Sacs, Silicon Valley, the Hollywood elite, George Soros, Social Justice whiners, Black Lives Matter, Paul Ryan, Neocons like McCain and Grahm, Janet Yellen, Saudi Arabia, Angela Merkle, Pope Francis, the Clintons, almost every corporate media news outlet, Beyonce, the corrupt entertainment industry, the Bilderberg group, and the corporate globalists. All that influenced my decision to vote for Trump.

I do not have full support in Trump, and I still remain skeptical that he will overturn many of the atrocious big government laws that were signed into law by all the previous administrations. It seems the government has gotten bigger, more tyrannical, and more surveillance intensive with each new president. Perhaps he isn't as anti-establishment as he portrays himself. Could it be that the media and the ruling class who is in charge of the money supply have a good understanding that the majority of Americans are fed up with establishment politics, and be using Donald Trump as a puppet to give Americans a fake sense of an anti-establishment candidate? It's possible. Only time will tell us. If he fucks everything up by catering to the insiders, I won't vote for him next time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I believe this to be the case 100%, and I have said it since Trump became the leading contender. They threw people a curve ball using a form of reverse psychology, and a lot of people fell for it hook, line and sinker. I find the notion of Trump being anti-establishment to be completely absurd. You simply don't make the billions of dollars Trump has made being anti-establishment. Already the guy has went back on a lot of the things he said previously, and is now filling his cabinet with people who are the epitome of pro-establishment globalists which he railed against (or rather pretended to) during his campaign. The guy is a fucking joke.

1 person likes this.
  4. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

I voted for him in hopes he will secure our borders, strengthen our military, and strengthen the second amendment by repealing the GCA and NFA.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Most of the people I know who voted for Trump justify it by repeating his slogans: "He will make America Great again", "He will drain the swamp". Or: "He isn't politically correct", "he isn't afraid to speak his mind." Or other short sighted crap.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I like his makeup.

2 people like this.