Healing Time For Nipple Piercing?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Ashalicious, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

How long does it take to heal? I heard it can take 6 months to 2 years. Mine is 2.5 weeks old and it is healing very nicely. I can't even imagine it taking 6 months.....it already seems well on it's way.

I'm toying with the idea of getting my other nipple pierced, but I'm also thinking a second barbell, in my already pierced nipple, might also be something to consider. Two piercings in one nipple as opposed to one piercing in each.

ltlmac likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think maybe they take into consideration like until the feeling completely goes back to normal with their timeframes.

If everything went well with the peircing and you're treating proper after care you'll probably be back to normal by 6months if not sooner but it's the shock and awe of it all and the swelling remains for a while which makes things feel numb in a sense and I think this is the healing time frame they refer to.

3. Maid A. Milking

Maid A. Milking Members

My piercer told me 1 year. But, mine never healed and I removed them. That is a very real possibility with nipple piercings, because they get yanked around so much. No matter how diligent you are with caring for them, some just refuse to heal and will gush pus and be extremely painful. Be very careful!

1 person likes this.
  4. Aleasiaa

Aleasiaa Members

Initially before getting the piercing done I do some research and my piercer told me it should take around six months for the typical nipple piercing to heal but I’ve had my nipples pierced twice now the first time they kept getting really irritated and painful so I removed them and this second time it’s been over a year since I got them and I will tell you nipple piercings never actually heal, they tend to crust and hurt from time to time especially during your period!! and you can’t wash them with regular soap or it will irritate the piercing so a lot of piercers suggest cleansing them with a saline solution to minimize irritation. I’m a size 36DD and I never realized how much I bump and rub my nipples on things until I got my nips done. They are definitely fun little decorations and help with sexual stimulation if you’re into that but they are a lotttt of up keep!!
    But If everything went well with the peircing and you're treating proper after care you'll probably be back to normal by 6months if not sooner but it's the shock and awe of it all and the swelling remains for a while which makes things feel numb in a sense and I think this is the healing time frame they refer to.It all comes down to after care and your body reacts to having a foreign object inserted into your body : )

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  5. NaturalDreams

NaturalDreams Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have both pierced and they took at least 6 months to heal but I'm pretty sure it was longer. I'm so glad I got both done at the same time. The after care was easier that way.

I also stretched mine a few times and that started the whole healing process all over again. After 15+ years I still don't want to get rid of them.