Internet Addiction Is Real

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Nov 30, 2016.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I get really stuck in here sometimes, comment wars on news stories, watching CNN and FOX on YouTube with chat. I can't even do regular TV anymore its boring it just plays its not interactive. How could I watch the news without chat and not be able to type in "that's bullshit" and why when I see it ?

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Indeed.Research also shows that every time you log on to the internet you get similar brain chemistry hit as when you snort cocaine,albeit obviously not as powerful but still.It's something I read a while ago I don't have links to hand but the info is all there.Yes,on the net.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

And worse is shutting it off and getting that feeling of "now what" then giving in and turning it back on.

In the next few days I am taking it apart and putting it away for a dew days like I have done before. I have the laptop connected to the TV sitting here on wireless keyboard , its too good a set up.

Let me just sit down and check my favorite web sites for a few minutes... now its 4 hours later.

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Well I see couples in bars and restaurants sit down and the first thing they do is it's heads down and both on their smartphones rather than actually talk to each other.

5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]
    Its everywhere in every direction and I hate it.

Can't stand hanging out with cell phone addicts, you try talking to them every other minute its "hold that thought" wile they look at and reply to a text or some crap from another cell phone addict. What were you saying ? Now I forget, but you should put down that damn phone and interact in the real world sometimes.

Its even worse driving with a phone addict, WTF we are going 78mph put the damn phone away and drive, and if you crash with me in the car wile screwing with that phone I will have my personal injury lawyer subpoena your phone records as I sue you for everything.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

That would be so fun !!

7. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I don't consider myself an internet addict but I'm used to spending a good portion of my day online at a desktop PC and not a cell phone. I was once a gambling addict even though before that problem I didn't think gambling was a true addiction. Once I started playing the state's video slot machines I found out just how real gambling addiction was. You couldn't force me away from those gambling machines until I had no money left. If I even had $5 in my pocket for lunch I would take it to my favorite gambling place run by the state lottery. I lost everything in less than a year, including my job. I was calling off at work so I could go gamble.

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Gambling is just like cocaine wining makes you feel high, all right winner again !! and no more money after loosing is like no more coke, oh shit now what ? why did I do that ? this sucks this sucks !! F !! I feel like such crap.

Internet addiction, I don't know its kind of like hiding out or drinking maybe, I don't know what to compare it to.