#61 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted December 04 2016 - 07:03 PM

Where can I read about the FBI investigating Julian Assange?

I am sorry but the sources I found other than Wikipedia include the name of a certain individual that can not be named in this thread so you'll have to find it yourself. (They are major newsgroups and mention a 6 year investigation by the DOJ)

HYZx5b8.gif

"Acclinis Falsis Animus Meliora Recusat"

(A mind that is charmed by false appearances refuses better things.)

~ Horace

#62 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 07:15 PM

I am sorry but the sources I found other than Wikipedia include the name of a certain individual that can not be named in this thread so you'll have to find it yourself. (They are major newsgroups and mention a 6 year investigation by the DOJ)

So it's DOJ, not FBI?

#63 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 07:21 PM

Ah, yes; here's something about it.

By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 16, 2016

“As Mr. Assange’s criminal defense counsel in the United States, I have repeatedly sought information from the Department of Justice regarding this now nearly six-year-old investigation,” Mr. Pollack wrote. “Despite the fact that the Department has continually publicly confirmed through court filings and statements to the press that it is conducting an ongoing criminal investigation of Mr. Assange, the Department has provided me no substantive information whatsoever about the status of the investigation.”

#64 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 07:24 PM

Also, the investigation is an investigation of WikiLeaks organization, not Julian Assange.

#65 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted December 05 2016 - 06:27 AM

So it's DOJ, not FBI?

The FBI was formed as part of the DOJ and is under the jurisdiction of the DOJ. The FBI reports to both the Attorney General, who is head of the DOJ and the Director of National Intelligence. The DOJ charges the FBI with investigating crimes against the U.S. among other things. The FBI is the investigating arm of the DOJ.

In late 2010, the DOJ stated it was opening an investigation into WikiLeaks and Julian Assange, the site’s founder, to search for potential criminal activity.

According to attorney Barry J. Pollack, the DOJ announced in July it was closing the the criminal investigation (link removed by Me) into (Name Redacted by Me) for her handling of classified information precisely because the FBI could not establish criminal intent. The DOJ made its decision the day after the FBI stated that no reasonable prosecutor would move forward with the case.

For Pollack, this (Name redacted by Me) precedent means that the DOJ needs to close its investigation into Assange, as it seems clear there is no criminal intent, just like the (Name redacted by Me) case. And once that determination was made by the FBI, the DOJ rendered its judgment with speed.

These passages make it clear that both the DOJ and Wikileaks' lawyer, Barry J. Pollack, feel that the FBI is investigating both Wikileaks and Assange and that Pollack feels that investigation has some sort of relationship to at least one other past investigation.

HYZx5b8.gif

"Acclinis Falsis Animus Meliora Recusat"

(A mind that is charmed by false appearances refuses better things.)

~ Horace

#66 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,302 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 05 2016 - 08:18 AM

Six years and there are no charges against WikiLeaks or Julian Assange.

#67 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

; ; ; P

• PipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
  • Locationwouldn't beleive me if I told ya

Posted December 10 2016 - 09:35 PM

Show me on the doll where Russia touched you :)

Edited by 6-eyed shaman, December 10 2016 - 09:36 PM.

• orison, riverman18, storch and 1 other like this

Pardon Julian Assange

9e48d74a-9037-431f-a117-7763e16bed79_zps