Justice For Julian Assange

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,543 posts

Posted December 03 2016 - 01:27 PM

Being in hacking people's emails business for personal agendas is a form of rape, you know.....I would not put it passed the man to do a physical rape, either.I see his character as shit anyway.

He didnt personally hack into anyone's email, he was given information by hackers.

Traditionally thos information would have been given to journalists but the tradition of journalism.is dead, so. Eh. We wouldnt need wikileaks if we still had non biased investigative journalism
  • Aerianne likes this

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#32 Piaf

Piaf

• PipPipPip
  • 24,288 posts

Posted December 03 2016 - 01:55 PM

Edit: no, nvm, cant be bothered

Edited by Piaf, December 03 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#33 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted December 03 2016 - 03:53 PM

Being in hacking people's emails business for personal agendas is a form of rape, you know.....
I would not put it passed the man to do a physical rape, either.
I see his character as shit anyway. 

I would feel more sympathy for the "leaders of the free world" whose emails are being hacked if the state of the world were different.  If the police weren't militarized for instance.  If the top .1% didn't own more wealth than the bottom 90%.  (If 9/11 hadn't so obviously been a controlled demolition, but I'll leave that for another thread.)  

But as it is, conditions being what they are, the people in charge can only be corrupt, and we have the right to know as much about them as possible.  It's like if you meet a guy with buboes and pus coming out of sores all over his body...you have a right to check him for an infectious disease, even if he wants to claim that he's feeling fine and that you have no right to stick a needle in him.  

What WikiLeaks is revealing is that these people are even worse than they appear to be on the surface.  Not only do they not give a shit about us in an economic sense, but it looks like they've been trafficking children, molesting them and possibly killing them.  Tell me how in the world it isn't better for all of us that we know that this is going on.  I can't understand why you want to protect these people.  Especially when it's been revealed that they have no qualms whatsoever reading our emails and listening to our phone calls.

• Aerianne likes this

#34 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,542 posts

Posted December 03 2016 - 04:31 PM

Neon, the new espionage...I get it....but I do not trust Assange....His timing of things in this election felt like a set up and not anything I would ever put stock into. I have been aware of big brother is watching for a long time now...I am always entertaining in my phone calls and emails.....with the thought they may be listening. I have nothing to hide....so itis not worriesome to me.
However, I have been hacked by people with vendettas before...now, it is before I came here, so I am not pointing my finger at anyone at this site. It felt like rape.

I call it as I see it, and there is nothing about it that i trust.
There is nothing about Assange that i trust....I have the right to the way I feel about things, also.

i keep saying the same things here.

I cannot keep making the same points I have made before.

Edited by Moonglow181, December 03 2016 - 04:33 PM.

• Lynnbrowngreen likes this

#35 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 03 2016 - 05:15 PM

It felt like rape.

Have you been raped?

• Piaf and OldDude2 like this

#36 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

; ; ; P

• PipPipPip
  • 3,548 posts
  • Locationwouldn't beleive me if I told ya

Posted December 03 2016 - 10:49 PM

Being in hacking people's emails business for personal agendas is a form of rape, you know.....

Wait... what?

So is trespassing, littering, spying, or an unattractive guy looking at you the wrong way form of rape too?

I really hate how some people (especially feminists) trivialize the definition of rape to encompass anything they don't like. It downplays the severity and the true horrors actual rape survivors have experienced.

• Aerianne and OldDude2 like this

Pardon Julian Assange

9e48d74a-9037-431f-a117-7763e16bed79_zps

#37 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted December 03 2016 - 11:07 PM

Have you been raped?

Good point, if you haven't ever been raped, how could you possibly know what it felt like!
The poor guy has been the target of not only false, but trivial accusations. How the fuck can not wearing a condom during consensual sex ever be transformed into a rape charge? or seen by any sane person as a similar offense?

Edited by OldDude2, December 03 2016 - 11:10 PM.

• Aerianne likes this

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#38 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,696 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted December 04 2016 - 05:55 AM

Right; and in America we believe a person is Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Did that work for Hillary?

HYZx5b8.gif

"Acclinis Falsis Animus Meliora Recusat"

(A mind that is charmed by false appearances refuses better things.)

~ Horace

#39 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted December 04 2016 - 06:08 AM

Since she isn't sentenced. I would say yes.
  • Meliai likes this

Posted Image

#40 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,543 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 06:57 AM

The Ecuadorian embassy isnt being watched by armed police because of a rape charge

And there is no way Assange could ever have a fair trial at this point either. The rape charge is convenient but lets not pretend the powers that be want him for rape. They want him tried and probably executed for espionage.

Edited by Meliai, December 04 2016 - 06:57 AM.

• Piaf, Aerianne and OldDude2 like this

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#41 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 12:07 PM

Wait... what?

So is trespassing, littering, spying, or an unattractive guy looking at you the wrong way form of rape too?

I really hate how some people (especially feminists) trivialize the definition of rape to encompass anything they don't like. It downplays the severity and the true horrors actual rape survivors have experienced.

Good point, if you haven't ever been raped, how could you possibly know what it felt like!

Exactly.

• OldDude2 likes this

#42 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,542 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 12:15 PM

How about that. Why don't you stop harrassing me personally. I have never harrassed you personally.
Whether or not I have been raped or not or it is my way of speak or I have been by someone's side who was, is really none of your damn business, is it?

point...is...if a female says she was raped by someone...i guess she is automatically assumed to be the liar....

talk about hatred....and for women.

i am not a feminist, so 6 eyes...please stop being a dumb ass with your analogy and questions there.
trespassing is tresspassing, ect.....I guess that is ok, too....I guess going into someone's personal business and twisting it around to suit yourself is fine also.
i have no more to say here. Leave me alone.

I look for people to get behind, look up to and respect....I am not the man here.

Edited by Moonglow181, December 04 2016 - 12:29 PM.

• MeAgain and Lynnbrowngreen like this

#43 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 12:32 PM

How about that. Why don't you stop harrassing me personally. I have never harrassed you personally.
Whether or not I have been raped or not or it is my way of speak or I have been by someone's side who was, is really none of your damn business, is it?

point...is...if a female says she was raped by someone...i guess she is automatically assumed to be the liar....

i am not a feminist, so 6 eyes...please stop being a dumb ass with your analogy and questions there.
trespassing is tresspassing, ect.....I guess that is ok, too....I guess going into someone's personal business and twisting it around to suit yourself is fine also.
i have no more to say here. Leave me alone.

I look for people to get behind, look up to and respect....I am not the man here.

Your "way of speak" comes across as insensitive to rape survivors.

It's important to be able to effectively communicate your meaning when writing.  

Maybe you meant your privacy had been attacked and you felt it had been violated.

#44 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 12:43 PM

Right; and in America we believe a person is Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Let me rephrase my response  to this.

Now, the Innocent until proven guity in America statement was in reference to Asmo's comment about Meliai's statement that Julian Assange  is a hero to her.

Asmo observed that just because someone does something heroic at one time, that doesn't mean that they are infallible. His point being that a person may do something that some consider heroic and also do something that some would consider criminal, or at least be flawed in some other manner.

Aerianne said people are multifaceted and someone could be accused of sexual assault and still be a hero in another way. 

Asmo agreed: 

That's what I'm saying. People think hero and expect something retarded. But one is usually only a hero for a specific kind of act. Does that get diminished when we notice they're just human? :P (I understand a thing like rape would of course, but an accusation of rape is not always. As been said it should as always depend on the details of the particular person and situation. Not some general principle to which an individual case get equated, and may cause particular details to be ignored. Like for example how certain the rape accusation is). ~Asmo

Aerianne then responded:

Right; and in America we believe a person is Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

I then commented on her comment by asking if that "innocent until proven guilty" thing had worked for Hillary. I am making a comparison here to the way Julian Assange is being treated and the way Hillary Clinton was treated in regards to the assumption of guilt. If  people in this thread are claiming that Assange  (who is not a U.S. citizen by the way) is innocent until proven guilty, I am asking if the innocent until proven guilty thing also applied to Hillary Clinton (who is a U.S. citizen) and everyone else or just Julian Assange, and if not not why not?

Is it possible that there are some people who are hypocritically claiming that Julian Assange is innocent until proven guilty after they condemned Hillary Clinton for being guilty of a wide variety of things even thought she was never found guilty in a court of law.

Is Julian Assange being favored over Hillary Clinton? 

HYZx5b8.gif

~ Horace

#45 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 12:47 PM

Respectfully, MeAgain, can you keep discussion of Hillary Clinton in one of the other many threads that include her.

I do not intend to discuss her in this thread.

#46 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 12:54 PM

Respectfully, MeAgain, can you keep discussion of Hillary Clinton in one of the other many threads that include her.

I do not intend to discuss her in this thread.

I am not discussing Hillary Clinton per se. I am using her as an example of how Assange may be getting preferential treatment in regards to being innocent until proven guilty. I used Clinton as an example.

I am talking about Assange and the Clinton experience was the first example of bias in regard to Assange that I could think of.

So, let me ask you, do you think Assange is getting preferential and hypocritical treatment by those that have accused others of being guilty of various things even though they were never convicted of anything in a court of law? You can disregard the Clinton connection.

HYZx5b8.gif

~ Horace

#47 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 01:03 PM

So, let me ask you, do you think Assange is getting preferential and hypocritical treatment by those that have accused others of being guilty of various things even though they were never convicted of anything in a court of law?

No.  

#48 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 01:04 PM

Is Julian Assange being favored over Hillary Clinton? 

I have no comment concerning Assange.  However, you miss the point completely.  The problem with comparing Clinton to Assange is that Clinton was not charged for a crime even though all of the evidence is right there for you or anyone else to see that she allowed classified information to pass through her unsecured server.  The State Department Inspector General confirmed it.  An FBI agent whose identity and role in the case has been confirmed also said that it was unanimous among those who did the actual investigation that Clinton should at least have her security clearance yanked. 

So it's not so much that Assange is being favored.  It's that Clinton was favored to the extent that she never had to face the music even though there was music to face.  

#49 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 01:13 PM

A reference point for keeping this post on topic:

https://justice4assange.com/

#50 storch

storch

• PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 01:48 PM

My post is gone . . .

#51 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 02:01 PM

My post is gone . . .

Please understand, your post, replying to an off topic post became irrelevant so it was removed, as was the off topic post.

#52 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 04:21 PM

Most people consider the evidence.... If any. Disagreeing with someone, (or doubting their veracity) isn't the same as hating them.
  • Piaf and Aerianne like this

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#53 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,542 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 04:51 PM

Are you really going to lecture me right now?....when I have absorbed so much hate around here for weeks to last a life time. I make one little comment about something feeling like rape and that is the main issue of the day?
Wow...nevermind.....that good!....those people died in Oakland and they deserved to or or anything. nevermind lots of things...and are you really going to still goade me to answer why i used that analogy and how would I know what it feels like...really? when I told you to stop?.

Edited by Moonglow181, December 04 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#54 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 05:02 PM

Are you really going to lecture me right now?....when I have absorbed so much hate around here for weeks to last a life time.

If you post, we can reply, that's fair .......... stop posting, and we will probably stop reacting.
Please point me to any post showing hate for you? ...... I can't find them, and would like to chastise that poster, hate (for anyone) is wrong!

#55 Piaf

Piaf

• PipPipPip
  • 24,288 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 05:31 PM

If you post, we can reply, that's fair .......... stop posting, and we will probably stop reacting.Please point me to any post showing hate for you? ...... I can't find them, and would like to chastise that poster, hate (for anyone) is wrong!

Well tbh, you receive(d) far more than her lol.

And I very much agree with Meliai, about Assange not getting a fair trial at this point.
I dunno, the whole thing is a bit off.
Sex was consensual, initial statements by the two women confirm that?
But you know, condom broke and they found out he had sex with both and wanted him to get tested?
At that first time rape was not even mentioned.
It's all so weird.
  • OldDude2 likes this

#56 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 04 2016 - 05:37 PM

Julian Assange exhausted his legal option in the UK when Sweden asked for him to be extradited on charges of two sexual molestations, rape, and unlawful coercion. He ran from justice. The statue of limitations has run out on all but the rape charge.

He has illegally hacked into the PentagonUS Department of DefenseMILNET, the US NavyNASA, and Australia's Overseas Telecommunications CommissionCitibankLockheed MartinMotorolaPanasonic, Xerox, the Australian National UniversityLa Trobe University, and Stanford University's SRI International.[30]  also the Melbourne master terminal of Nortel, a Canadian multinational telecommunications corporation.[17] 

And those are just the ones we know of.

The Australian  police charged him with 31 crimes including hacking, he was convicted in 1996 on 25 of those charges.

He is under investigation by the FBI for espionage, conspiracy to commit espionage, theft or conversion of property belonging to the United States government, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and general conspiracy, several other nations are also investigating him.

In short, he is a convicted criminal and is hiding from justice because he knows he will be convicted on many other counts if he ever gets enough balls to show up in court and address his accusers. 

Unlike many other people, who we are not going to mention, he is not innocent as he has been convicted of 25 crimes in a court of law.

HYZx5b8.gif

~ Horace

#57 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 05:42 PM

He has illegally hacked into the PentagonUS Department of DefenseMILNET, the US NavyNASA, and Australia's Overseas Telecommunications CommissionCitibankLockheed MartinMotorolaPanasonic, Xerox, the Australian National UniversityLa Trobe University, and Stanford University's SRI International.%5B30%5D  also the Melbourne master terminal of Nortel, a Canadian multinational telecommunications corporation.%5B17%5D 

Is there evidence that Julian Assange hacked into anything?

#58 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,360 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 04 2016 - 06:10 PM

Is there evidence that Julian Assange hacked into anything?

he pled guilty

• MeAgain and Lynnbrowngreen like this

#59 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,309 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted December 04 2016 - 06:13 PM

Where can I read about the FBI investigating Julian Assange?

#60 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,360 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 04 2016 - 06:16 PM

i dont know but wikipedia lists what he pled guilty to hacking..and some he denies

i was surprised to see he is also an award winning journalist...i did not know that

• Aerianne likes this