Historic Sex Abuse Scandal

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Nov 30, 2016.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Time for UK law to impost a statute of limitations.
    If it's more than 10 years ago, write it off to bad luck.

Much more important stuff for the police and courts to do than chase old men with no evidence.

I can just imagine the questioning "on the morning of 21 Feb 1979 what were you doing?"
    Complete BS, most people can't remember what they did last week.

1 person likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Bend it like Beckham

4. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

If I had been a victim of abuse, I would want to see these people put away, if only for the protection of others.

1 person likes this.
  5. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Then you should have done it 30 years ago when they were 40 and in charge of kids.
    Someone over 70 years old in a care home is suffering enough.

1 person likes this.
  6. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I don't know why you're taking the side of the abusers. If they are not fit to stand trial then they won't be prosecuted. A 70 year old is still capable of abusing children.

1 person likes this.
  7. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I'm taking the side of Justice, there can be no justice without evidence.
    Show me a video of them doing it (or photos) and I'll be the first to yell hang em high.
    But that isn't the way it works, the police in pursuit of personal advancement like to fool some old dodderer into saying something incriminating.
    And that isn't all that hard to do with old people. Question them for long enough and you'll get what you want.

I remember in a Cinema in the 60s (I was 8 or 10), some old guy put his hand on my knee, I didn't wait 50 years to report him, I did it then and there.
    Why do these people wait so long? What evidence could there still be?

Don't forget all the accused are named and publicized ............. why?

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The article I read quoted a woman who had 3 abused kids.
    I hate victim blaming but 3 fucking kids got abused?

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Whenever there are children and/or vulnerable adults there is always Risk

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Kids dont always understand what is happening to them or their abuser will threaten to harm them if they tell anyone. I dont know what is so hard to understand about why kids dont report it immediately.

And then it could take an adult years to work through what actually happened and decide to file a report, if several come forward at once it usually means the victims didnt have the courage to come forward until one person finally did work up the courage and others followed.

4 people like this.
  12. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Can't see how anyone can reach age 18 and not know if they were abused or not.
    Most females abused by older men work it out at around puberty, and unless mummy wants to hide it they start talking.

BUT
    This thread is about historical homosexual child abuse ........ that's 30-40+ years after the event, and historically the age of consent for homosexual acts was age 21.
    I'm not gonna get all worked up about some 35 year old football coach buggering a 20 year old male club trainee, 40 years ago, which would fall under the heading 'child abuse' as the law was then.

UK Laws
    "Sex between men was illegal until 1967, when the Sexual Offences Act came into force making it legal for men aged 21 or above. In 1994 that age was lowered to 18 and in 2001 it was lowered again to 16 – making it the same as the age of consent for straight people".

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didnt look that deeply into the story to be honest, were they really 20?

And i basically agree with you regarding the statute of limitations, evidence as well as one's memory can get pretty murky after enough time has passed. But i can understand why the victims are just now coming forward, it happens.

1 person likes this.
  14. morrow

morrow Visitor

Again old dude, I suggest you read the info again!
    Yes the word/number 20 was used! But again, your facts are wrong!

I hope, you read this, and you feel remorse, just a little, for the children, how they felt!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38104681

15. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

This is a story about a jailbird and a repeated offender who has been in and out of jail most of his life.
    It isn't a story about historical child abuse, it's a story about the UK justice system failing to keep a dangerous criminal off the streets.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So after 10 years y'all think it should be swept under the carpet but oh hell no when it's Donald Trump accused of the same thing you want him jailed for something might not have happened 20 years ago...

Riiiigggggghhhhhhttttt

:unsure:

1 person likes this.
  17. morrow

morrow Visitor

Old dude, again I ask you read the information in the thread you choose to join! This is the guy accused of abusing the football kids!
    What more do you need, ?
    No irmi..if guilty, you should pay, same as murders, commit a crime, one day it might just catch up with you, so expect to pay..

1 person likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was just mocking the irony. Women came forward and claimed Trump assulted. Everyone wanted him criminalized.

Women claim they're assulted, but it's okay because that happened ten years ago and they should have spoken out allowed at the time, not now.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

From that article:

His 13 year old victim came home told his parents after returning home, bamn, he is in jail

I have to agree with Oldude, when it takes 30/40 years, it gets a little more suspicious

From that article:

2 people like this.
  20. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think there is a lot more not being said, like boys/men seldom say if they are abused, plus these kids were promised careers! Upset your dad!!!
    Plus back in the 70s, wouldn't have gotten you far, you couldn't get a divorce as a woman! And although it was over ruled, people were still bashing up gay men and lesbians, well who knew one back then?

It was a different time back then..it's a crime, you wouldn't expect a murder uncovered after this time to go forgotten, why rape? Of a child?

2 people like this.