Tv And Psychotic Episodes

Discussion in 'TV' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Nov 26, 2016.

1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I started a thread in Media without considering that it probably belonged here. I love binge watching all manner of TV series from The Beverly Hillbillies to 3% (Brazilian). In too many of them plots are clearly being swapped around with other shows and there's always a healthy helping of emulated (or emasculated) Shakespeare.

But what I really watch a whole series for are the episodes that are a radical departure from their norm. Like the LSD episode of Mad Men or the LSD episode from Fringe. Both profound in their own way. I want an episode that scares the shit out of me or makes me want to cry (or even actually makes me cry).

So the thread in Media got me thinking that I'd just consolidate here and discuss only the episodes that slap me with the psycho stick. My other thread was about Black Mirror http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/478567-black-mirror/

Appending that I'd like to submit another odd episode that slapped me around a bit for reasons I still don't fully comprehend. It's part of the series The Librarians, a pedestrian knockoff of Friday the 13th the series, Warehouse 13 and maybe a touch of Pickers. The main character is Noah Wyle who isn't seen much for a few episodes then pops back in (through a magic door of course). He also has odd delivery issues when he has to yell for the part and he runs like a drag queen being chased by an angry Chihuahua.

But one episode, oddly enough about Christmas, "And Santa's Midnight Run", made my psycho-meter ping on a Z axis and nearly break the glass. I'm still trying to figure out why. I suggest watching it first, but if you don't mind a spoiler, drop by http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4279086/?ref_=ttep_ep4

I have others in mind, but I think I'm going to rewatch them before posting.